News

'It Gets Bigger,' A Necessary Parody Of 'It Gets Better:' VIDEO

ItGetsBigger

The folks over at Epic Level Entertainment and director Josh Staman teamed up to create this video, "It Gets Bigger," a PSA telling young men around the world that, well, it will get bigger.

"It Gets Bigger" is obviously a loving a take on Dan Savage's "It Gets Better" campaign. And Savage must have liked it, because he posted the video over at Slog.

At the video's YouTube page, Staman and company point readers to Epic Level's Kickstarter account. Maybe if you like what you see you'll kick a few bucks their way? Take a nice, hard look at "It Gets Bigger" AFTER THE JUMP and judge for yourself. Personally, I can't believe this didn't already exist. But I'm glad it does now.

Comments

1. Raging Stallion Studios beat them to it.

NSFW link

Posted by: QJ201 | Apr 12, 2012 6:24:41 PM

2. Personally, I'd really (really really really) like to see the guy in the pic--the one in the blue plaid shirt--naked to check the size of his unit, and see how much bigger it can get.

Posted by: Dback | Apr 12, 2012 7:52:00 PM

3. Now if only Barack Obama and David Cameron could once again get on board and contribute videos (Hillary Clinton's could have her husband in the background).

Posted by: Rix | Apr 12, 2012 9:17:10 PM

4. someone else already beat them to. Ryanjasonsteele from Canada. Much funnier, I think....

Posted by: Willem B | Apr 12, 2012 9:31:05 PM

5. I want the one in the light blue shirt, with the goatee, or either one of the black guys hot :)

Posted by: Ted | Apr 12, 2012 10:44:37 PM

6. yea, the guy in the blue pliad with the beard is smokin hot.

Posted by: chad | Apr 13, 2012 7:46:15 AM

7. I agree, blue plaid's got to show it.

Posted by: Jack M | Apr 13, 2012 8:21:32 AM

8. I'm no American Taliban, but that's rather creepy.

Posted by: Tweety | Apr 13, 2012 11:00:40 AM

9. As campaigns, "It Gets Better" and "It Gets Bigger" are on a par with one another: Totally useless, vacuous, and focused on drawing attention to their originators.

Posted by: Stuffed Animal | Apr 13, 2012 12:09:48 PM

10. people who complain about the It Gets Better campaign are useless whiners.

why? simple: the campaign is individual-driven. ANYONE can make a video. ANYONE can share the specific message that they feel is most useful in that video.

and yet they don't. why? because they're useless whiners. they're rather say "this video is just for famewhore celebs!" than make a damned video themsevles where they give the specific messages of hope, encouragement and direct WAYS to make one's life better than young people need most.

some folks simply hate dan savage more than they care about helping lGBT youth. that's stupid. dan savage is not the campaign, and the campaign is not dan savage.

each member of my entire family made a video. mother. father. sister. brother-in-law. each message was from the heart, and each video gave a different view of how to make your own life better, and how to make other's lives better.

you show me someone who complains about the It Gets Better campaign and I'll show you a complete ninny who's wasted their life picking the wrong battles for the wrong reasons.

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Apr 13, 2012 12:25:58 PM

11. oh, so your opinions differ from mine? let me write a long-winded, tedious post listing your moral failings and explaining how you are wasting your life by not agreeing with me. while i'm at it, i'll probably mention my family a few times, and how much they love me. unlike your parents, who "never hugged you" ('cause you're a fag HURR DURR)

Posted by: LittleKiwi, Abridged | Apr 13, 2012 6:19:31 PM