News | Television

Will Continues Edging Out Of The Closet On 'Days Of Our Lives:' VIDEO

WillSonnyDays

For those of you following the unfolding drama of soap opera Days of Our Lives' gay characters, Will and Sonny, below is video of Will coming out, in a roundabout way, to the man who may be his future beau. Because, you know, there are only about three gay people in all of Salem, and as Sonny points out, he's the frequently troubled town's "resident homo."

Catch up on all the sudsy, slow-moving drama in a clipped video, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. There are at least 3 other gay guys that have appeared as friends of Sonny. Some of the them even had names ;)

Posted by: jrex | Apr 12, 2012 12:35:19 PM

2. Enjoy the storyline while you can! Changes are coming to DOOL and people are being fired left and right. And, according to Co-Exec Producer Greg Meng, straight "women want to see romance" and Will and Sonny's story is "not the story that most women are going to tune in for every day, the one they don't want to miss."

Posted by: Brian | Apr 12, 2012 2:18:20 PM

3. Not to mention that there won't be any soap operas in 2-3 years.

Posted by: St. Theresa of Avila | Apr 12, 2012 2:32:10 PM

4. I'd gladly change from being a Friend of Dorothy to a Friend of Sonny. I've been watching DOOL for quite a while, primarily because I thought Will was such a cutie. Interesting that he's "coming out", that they brought Marlena and John back (lots of botox there!) and several other former characters. I hope the Will story goes on a while. He's a sweetheart in spite of having Sammi for a Mom and all the rest of the dysfunction poor Will has had to deal with.

Posted by: jamal49 | Apr 12, 2012 2:59:44 PM

5. That wasn't nearly as cheesy as I thought it would be. Both of them are adorable, too.

Posted by: sparks | Apr 12, 2012 3:45:07 PM

6. Thank you for posting this. My local Pennsylvania NBC station preempted most of this episode for Frothy xix's pulling out speech. I wonder if that timing was planned. I have watched the show since I was a kid. I wish these kind of stories were on TV when I was coming out. It would have made the whole experience a lot easier. I hope that this helps today's youth in doing just that. It also helps that the actors who play Will and Sonny are hot. :P

Posted by: Myke | Apr 12, 2012 4:19:25 PM

7. Former "As the World Turns" viewer here. Started watching Days last summer for the Will and Sonny story line.

Posted by: Brian in Texas | Apr 12, 2012 5:50:56 PM

8. I am so glad they didn't have gay storylines when I watched soaps in the late 80s -- I would have been so addicted that I would have never studies enough to make it into college where I finally came out.

Adorable!

Posted by: bravo | Apr 12, 2012 10:14:01 PM

9. @Brian --

From where, and when, are you culling your quote? Ken Corday, Executive Producer and son of the creators of DOOL, was recently interviewed in "Soap Opera Digest" (within the last month) andd stated the Will storyline was going to be (paraphrasing here) a front-burner storyline during the summer (when younger viewers, home from school, tune-in)), and that the production staff had been working "closely" with GLAAD to handle the storyline in the best possible light.

Since ratings wouldn't be in on this storyline yet (and if ratings decline, I'd look more closely at the Kate/Ian and Hope/John/Princess Gina/The Pawn/Stefano yawners -- I DVR the show and FF when I see any of those four hit the screen.

DOOL's Will storyline is the only "new" storyline they've got running right now -- all the other storylines are rehashes of Days glory days of the 1970s and 12960s... using the same actors, doing the same things, even saying the same lines, except for the Gabby/Chad storyline, which is just a rehash of the Abby/Austin storyline of two months ago.

Posted by: Eric Payne | Apr 13, 2012 7:04:32 AM

10. Brian:
    That's why the Will-Sonny storyline will burn hot and out! DOOL producers have fired the writers and bringing back the old writers who wrote like my 10th grade literature classes.
    Remember this is Disney Corp...they have never found anything of quality that they couldn't mess up eventually.

Posted by: chuck | Apr 13, 2012 11:10:21 AM

11. If a latest article becomes available or in cases where any changes occur on the current publication, I would be interested in reading a lot more.

Posted by: Herve Leger Dress | May 25, 2012 10:15:55 PM

12. You leave so useful information,I will share this info with my friends.

Posted by: Chloe Bags | Jun 8, 2012 2:25:11 AM

13. I like this website very much, Its a rattling nice position to read and incur information.

Posted by: Moncler Outlet | Jun 20, 2012 8:16:25 PM

14. I am so happy to read your post, it's wonderful. I like it and thanks for sharing it.

Posted by: Moncler Jassen | Jul 1, 2012 9:02:46 PM

15. Grazie mille per questo articolo gode di bellezza con me.

Posted by: Moncler Jackets | Jul 17, 2012 9:53:18 PM