Comments

1. Mike says

Loved the two episodes online. Wish there were a couple dozen so I could become obsessed. Hopefully this show gets picked up and supported financially. Gay entertainment would be way better off with more like this.

2. Prof Sancho Panza says

This is good – not “okay for internet amateur hour” good (which is what I was expecting), but actually good. It looks professional, the actors are convincing, and the script is smart.

3. Patrick says

this is just what i needed after making out with a ‘straight’ guy tonight who said he was trying to help me see something that i’m not used too….ugh COLLEGE towns….

can’t wait to move to a city!

~

4. nick says

While I like the show, i’m surprised by comments indicating “wanting to move” to new york for it’s men. First off, they make is pretty clear that new york is a “single’s city”, with so many men, so much pressure with jobs/apartments/financial planning, i’d say every 1 out of 15 gay men in new york is looking for a relationship, even if they are, then it’s like, where do you live? their are more deal breakers here than any place i’ve ever been.

5. J says

Enjoyed the show, but apparently these are the richest twenty somethings in the entire city. Nobody has apartments as portrayed here. The second episode had one with a dining room table seemingly! With flowers!

6. MattS says

Just finished watching episode 2 and I am hooked. Very clever writing and the characters are really growing on me just after two episodes. Looking forward to the next one!

7. says

AT LAST! An anecdote to the deplorable “A-List” on LOGO. Real people and much closer to Gay (and straight) in New York as I remember it. The “A-List” guys were a bunch of real bitches about whom I could care less. The Outs Tv episodes are great! Love these people.

8. Q says

9. stranded says

And no, I wouldn’t want to move to New York based on the initial minutes. It lost me at hello. I am not fond of yet another depiction of gay men as promiscuous, careless horndogs. Next scene, archtype lone woman and her best gay are rambling on about men so that’s when I quit.

I gave it a second chance and went past the initial meh reaction and I enjoyed where it went for a first episode. I’ll definitely check out the next episode.

10. stranded says

@RW @Q

Exactly, that scene was annoying.

(By the way, gay = hipster… is there really a difference?)

I can’t possibly think why the writer would think he was creating something special when he wrote it. The episode has its hit and miss moments. I can tell you that it does pick up after that cringe-inducing scene though.

11. rascal says

Yes, it’s better than Internet amateur hour, but it’s also tediously predictable. I finished two of the dialogue lines out loud in sync with the playback.

And most tiresome: The anonymous sex enthusiast is depressive and troubled. Really? Again? Just once I’d like to see a portrayal of this character who is perfectly fine, thankyouverymuch, with his choices.

12. Cyg says

“wow another show about annoying self-absorbed gay hipsters creating art and finding love in NY while saying trite cloying lines that they think are witty. “My life is so hard! I only get $1000 a month from my parents!” I endured about 80 seconds and that was enough. Blech.”

Totally agree. Typically Williamsburg hipsters who know nothing about NYC but like to think they do, and make their whole life revolve around boring, white middle-class frivolity.