Comments

1. Sargon Bighorn says

i wonder if it will effect the recyclability of glass bottles with things like ketchup in them.

2. Peter says

Yeah, and after a year or two of using Luiqiglide they’ll tell us it causes cancer in laboratory animals. No thanks, I’ll keep spanking my ketchup’s bottom.

3. kpo5 says

I don’t know about that whole ‘rich man’ thing.

I mean, if you’re Heinz, why would you buy this? So your product will cost you more to make per bottle? So consumers will be able to get more out of your product, hence buy less of it? So two years down the road when we realize the chemicals are bad for us, Heinz faces a huge consumer backlash?

4. anon says

I’m sure the food industry will not like the loss of profits from this, though it has a certain PR/marketing appeal.

5. Shawn says

Heinz may not want to precoat their bottles but I cOuld see every restaurant using it in all of their bottles on the tables and the numerous refillable bottles of sauces used in the kitchen.
    This stuff is a bit creepy but I’d still give it a shot.

6. Sauce for the goose says

It’s probably a very hydrophobic (water repellant) surface made with a polymer coating similar to teflon. So it costs something.

On the other hand, I just add a little water to the bottle and give it a good shake. Costs nothing and almost everything comes out. Things in bottles tend to dry out so adding a little water is helpful in other ways (keeps the viscosity the same).

7. jexer says

I didn’t think ketchup could look even more revolting than it already does. Well done. Well done.

8. dms says

I think it’s a hit. And I think it makes economic sense. Now the ketchup, mustard, whatever, will slide out, you’ll use too much and have to buy more. Sort of the same concept of the big bottles of everything. When you have more, say shampoo in a huge bottle, instead of using a dab, you are more likely to use a big glob. And the producer sells more.

9. Kevin says

Why do I imagine that it will go through our digestive tracks in exactly the same way?