Film | Jeremy Renner | Matt Damon

Watch The New Trailer For 'The Bourne Legacy:' VIDEO

RennerBourne

Jeremy Renner takes the Bourne franchise's reins from Matt Damon in this trailer for the forthcoming The Bourne Legacy. From what we know so far, Renner plays a Bourne initiative agent named Aaron Cross who goes rogue after the government decides he and others like him to need to be wiped out. Rachel Weisz, a scientist who helped build the Bourne program, finds herself in crosshairs as well, and Ed Norton's the federal spook hot on their trail.

Will audiences be flock to see Renner in the popular series, or will Damon reign supreme? The movie opens August 3, so we'll just have to wait and see. Check out the trailer AFTER THE JUMP and make your own prediction.

Comments

1. No Matt Damon = No franchise.

Why even bother?

Posted by: OMNOMNOM | May 31, 2012 3:14:41 PM

2. Enough. The first one was great - but frankly, without the amnesia gimmick, the others were majorly lacking (imo), though I enjoyed the 3rd one. Good spy movies, sure. But the first one was a stand-out that the others didn't match, as far as I'm concerned. No interest whatsoever in a reboot.

Posted by: Zlick | May 31, 2012 3:29:02 PM

3. Ooooooooo CAN'T WAIT! Hated Matt Damon in the role and Renner is perfect as his replacement! VERY excited! When Renner jumps down between those building from such that great height it totally freaked me out! GOOD trailer! Whoooo Wii!

Posted by: OS2Guy | May 31, 2012 3:31:07 PM

4. Matt Damon HAS to have a cameo appearance.Then I will be happy.

Posted by: gb | May 31, 2012 3:32:03 PM

5. Matt Damon HAS to have a cameo appearance.Then I will be happy.

Posted by: gb | May 31, 2012 3:32:04 PM

6. should have used another title! "The Bourne Legacy" is a book in the series completed with permission;

why it shouldn't be used is because in the novel the entire history of Jason Bourne is finally explained PLUS his adversary turns out to be his own son, Joshua, who believed Jason abandoned him when Jason thought he saw him killed along with his 1st wife & daughter - the reason he joined the 'program'...

Posted by: mike/ | May 31, 2012 3:42:14 PM

7. I liked all three movies, and thought they were a rare instance where each sequel improved the story.

This will be an interesting test - Renner's been in two major successes in the past eight months with Mission Impossible and the Avengers. Now he's carrying a franchise, and inviting inevitable comparisons to an already well-established actor.

Posted by: Nat | May 31, 2012 3:49:46 PM

8. I think Jeremy Renner is SMOLDERING HOT!!!

Posted by: 99% | May 31, 2012 4:07:03 PM

9. Not interesting without Matt Damon

Posted by: anon | May 31, 2012 4:08:45 PM

10. Great so nice great!

Posted by: payforpaper.com | May 31, 2012 4:19:01 PM

11. I'm in!

Posted by: Kile Ozier | May 31, 2012 5:15:26 PM

12. I used to be a Renner fan. Not so much now.

Meh.

Posted by: Rodney Wollam | May 31, 2012 5:22:41 PM

13. after watching the second movie in the series, i started calling it the "stillborn franchise."

Posted by: alguien | May 31, 2012 7:21:06 PM

14. It's not Bourne without Matt Damon. I'd honestly never really thought much of Matt Damon before The Bourne Identity, but I thought action suited him well.

This one does look as though it will be action-packed, and aside from Matt Damon, that's what I loved about the other three movies. I think it will deliver in that regard.

...What is the deal with people like Mike that run their mouths about things we didn't learn in the other movies? Get off on spoiling, is that? And do any of the movies follow the premise of the books? I was under the impression that they were very loosely connected to the film plotwise.

Posted by: antisaint | May 31, 2012 8:07:47 PM

15. God Jeremy Renner's face looks like loose baloney :/

Posted by: Toto | May 31, 2012 9:48:38 PM

16. There was a little-remembered show on Bravo in 2003, "The IT Factor." It was a reality show about struggling actors. Jeremy Renner was one of them. It's amazing that one of the people they selected ended up being an A-list star.

Posted by: gr8guyca | Jun 1, 2012 2:50:42 AM

17. @TOTO ROFL! Literally. Okay, not literally. But I'm dying over here.

Posted by: JAMES | Jun 1, 2012 6:29:55 PM