Adam Carolla | News

BigGayDeal.com

Adam Carolla Justifies Anti-Gay Jokes Because 'Nice Doesn't Get Laughs': VIDEO

Carolla

Sara Gilbert asked Adam Carolla about making jokes at the expense of gay people yesterday on The Talk. Carolla seems to think it's perfectly okay, as long as he gets a laugh out of it.

Said Carolla:

“If somebody says to me, ‘What do you think of your mother-in-law,’ and I go, ‘Oh, she’s a delight, I love her dearly,’ nobody laughs. So if they say, ‘What do you think of Chaz Bono,’ I have to say something that’s horrible, so I can get a laugh. And everyone goes, 'oh, that's what you think?' Nice doesn’t get laughs, especially on stage...When did we start holding comedians up to the level of politicians and teachers? We're supposed to say these things...we make no policies. I don't control anything. I just tell jokes."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Not following us on Twitter @TLRD yet? We appreciate it when you SHARE and RT our content using the tools below.

Comments

1. I just never found him funny. He always strikes me as really believing in his racist and homophobic rants ...because sometimes he'll go on rants and there will be NO punch line. He does that often, and inserts politics. Not cool and not funny.

Posted by: IonMusic | Jun 20, 2012 6:41:27 PM

2. Adam Carolla, demonstrating why he's not funny. He has no imagination whatsoever.

Posted by: Randy | Jun 20, 2012 6:44:11 PM

3. OK, buttwipe -- Now run through all your Jew and Negro jokes for us, and see if you make it to your car in one piece. Of course, there ARE non-offensive jokes about any group.

Posted by: Bob | Jun 20, 2012 7:00:30 PM

4. I guess he will next go after Jews, Blacks, and handicapped children. It will be a riot!

Posted by: chuck | Jun 20, 2012 7:30:27 PM

5. This video is pointless unless we know exactly what his gay jokes were. Gay comedians make gay jokes all the time, but don't seem to offend. Is Corolla making those same types of jokes?

Posted by: srtrr1@gmail.com | Jun 20, 2012 10:28:01 PM

6. Adam Carolla was just on a very right wing radio

Posted by: Nisha | Jun 21, 2012 12:06:54 AM

7. Could care less what he thinks. He's simply not funny. Did you ever that horrible how-to TV show he did: The Adam Corolla Project? It's was unwatchable. He came across as a loud mouth jerk, who wanted everyone else do the work for him. He had a gay assistant on that show who he made fun of in every episode.

Posted by: Tony | Jun 21, 2012 12:36:06 AM

8. Bottom line: Adam Aarolla is a big dork trying to pretend that he is hip. Jack M and Socal both hit the nail on the head. You do realize that this is the most print the dorky Carolla has ever gotten.

Posted by: andrew | Jun 21, 2012 1:50:01 AM

9. OBVIOUSLY, PEOPLE ON THIS SITE HAVE NEVER HEARD OF, Richard Pryor - THE KING OF COMEDY. HIS AUDIENCES WERE FILLED WITH CAUCASIANS. [MOST OF HIS NEGRO FANS PURCHASED HIS ALBUMS]. I DO NOT THINK Adam Corolla IS FUNNY; HE IS NO George Carlin. YET, Mr. Corolla SHOULD SAY WHATEVER HE WANTS WITHOUT RIDICULE. I USED TO WATCH Mr. Corolla's SEX-TALK SHOW WITH Dr. Drew Pinsky.

CHRISTOPHER ALLEN HORTON

Posted by: CHRISTOPHER ALLEN HORTON | Jun 21, 2012 2:16:25 AM

10. Adam Carolla is a total hack. At least Louis CK and Howard Stern do it with jest and use irony in their jokes. Carolla, and I've heard lots of him being a Howard Stern superfan, is a joke himself. Funny sometimes but not a stellar comedian. I'm not offended by gay jokes but I'm offended by homophobics and Carolla definitely implies that he's a homophobe when he talks about gay issues. It's like he never left the Man Show.

Posted by: Sunny | Jun 21, 2012 1:45:12 PM

11. Richard Pryor TALKED ABOUT GROWING UP IN A "WHOREHOUSE" IN PEORIA, ILLINOIS, AS WELL AS, HIS "FREE-BASE" ACCIDENT - TWO TOPICS [ILLICIT SEX AND DRUG USE] WHICH WOULD BE CONSIDERED EMBARRASSING TO NEGROES. YET, NEGROES WERE "ROLLIN' ON THE FLOOR" WITH LAUGHTER; SO WERE CAUCASIANS.

THEREFORE, AS A CAUCASIAN, Adam Corolla SHOULD BE ABLE TO SAY ANYTHING HE WANTS (GOOD OR EVIL) ABOUT CAUCASIAN HOMOSEXUALS. WHETHER OR NOT Wanda Sykes KNEW TO NOT "CROSS THE LINE," I DO NOT KNOW; SHE IS A "gay-rights activist WANNABE" - I DO NOT LIKE HER. OBVIOUSLY, PEOPLE IN THIS THREAD DO NOT UNDERSTAND COMEDY.

CHRISTOPHER ALLEN HORTON