Chuck Norris Asks: ‘Is Obama Creating a Pro-Gay Boy Scouts of America?’

From GLAAD:

Chuck Norris should talk to Mitt Romney, who Norris endorsed for President and who has said on the record that all Americans should be able to participate in the Boy Scouts of America regardless of sexual orientation. Hundreds of thousands of Americans have recently signed a Change.org petition and called on an end to the ban including celebrities Josh Hutcherson, Benicio del Toro, Julianne Moore, Joshua Jackson, Kat Graham and Dianna Agron. Celebrities who support gay Americans are enjoying popular careers while Chuck Norris appears to be a fame-hungry has-been with poor research skills.

Tyrrell, meanwhile, had this to say:

Since I was ousted as a scout leader I have been flooded with support from local parents, scouts and hundreds of thousands of Americans. Chuck Norris is clearly out of touch and I’d like for him to sit down with my family and fellow scouting families who support us. My orientation wasn’t an issue in my son’s pack until the Boy Scouts made parents tell their children why their favorite den leader was no longer able to participate. With the U.S. military, the Girls Scouts of the USA, the 4-H Club and the Boys & Girls Club among organizations that allow gay Americans the time is now to end the ban.

Comments

1. Craig says

“… lower points in American history…”

What a screwed up sense of history, and priority! I think the slavery, Civil War, McCarthyism, Great Depression, etc. are so far lower that allowing gays in the BSA doesn’t even register on any historian’s meter.

2. says

@Craig, I had a similar discussion with some people protesting “the gays” – we got ’em on camera talking about how America was a “better place” in the 1950s.

aint THAT a statement to make?? LOL!

3. Caliban says

Yes, whenever I have a dilemma I ask myself, “What would Chuck Norris or Ted Nugent do?”

Assuming, that is, Corky from “Life Goes On” is indisposed and can’t advise.

4. HM2 Matt says

The man has done a lot of charity work and is a staple of American Action Hero Nostalgia, no matter how bad his movies are.

He has said some very ignorant things about homosexuals but I don’t think he’s as deserving of the venom being spewed in his direction when compared to real hatemongers like Rick Santorum. He may have drank the religious kool-aid but I don’t think the man has any real hate in his heart. At lest I hope not.

5. CHRISTOPHER ALLEN HORTON says

AS A FAN OF THE FILM, “Good Guys Wear Black” (1979), AND THE SERIES, “Walker, Texas Ranger,” IT IS GREAT TO KNOW HAIRY AND SEXY Chuck Norris’ REPRESENTATION OF ULTIMATE MASCULINITY ON SCREEN IS A MERE “SMIDGEON” OF THE “HUNK OF MAN” HE IS IN REAL LIFE. KUDOS, Mr. Norris!

CHRISTOPHER ALLEN HORTON

6. RichB in PS says

Suggest watching his exercise info commercial then you will totally understand

Since when does Chuck Norris’ opinion matter. Just another tired,washed-up religious ‘actor’. Too many kung foo blows to that ugly face. :)

Posted by: SFshawn | Jun 27, 2012 12:09:39 PM
    unquote

7. CHRISTOPHER ALLEN HORTON says

“HM2 MATT,”

IF Chuck Norris IS, “…one of America’s greatest [I]cons.”, WHY IS HE YOUR ENEMY? YOU AGREE WITH EVERYTHING SAID AND DONE BY YOUR ALLIES?

CHRISTOPHER ALLEN HORTON

8. DeeVee says

Oh, Chuck, go back to making movies. OH,WAIT,I,FORGOT, your career went down the pan AGES ago. Perhaps that’s why the hate comes shining through.

9. john patrick says

“Hasn’t America reached a new low in its history when its president (and the honorary president of the BSA!) distances himself and his administration from the Boy Scouts of America yet invites groups such as the Secular Student Alliance to participate in its faith and college missions?”

A question about Chuck Norris: “Isn’t he an over the hill has been?”

10. anon says

Um, Chuck, we now have gays in the military, which the BSA worships like nothing else, so what’s the big deal?

He might have hit a few too many boards with his head over the years.

11. Bart says

True Story: about a decade ago a friend of mine was working for Chuck on his show. Chuck came up to him and asked if “Catholics believed in Jesus.” My friend responded, “Chuck, they invented Jesus.”

This is a man who has been married multiple times. This is a man who has been divorced multiple times (I wonder if the Boy Scouts are pro-divorce as Chuck is…) This is a man who is dumb as a wooden block and about as phony as his hair dye.

But more to the point…who cares what this washed-up, clinging-to-relevance, crappy actor thinks about anything?

12. Fred says

It’s really sad to see people like Chuck Norris be all macho and manly. And then be so f#%king worried about a gay Boy Scout who could kick his silly a$$.

Unfortunately Chucky babe never learned the basic fundamentals of martial arts – respect!

13. Dynex says

I have a good friend who is gay and saw him in Dallas and screamed at him and shouted all sorts of his mind and let him have it recently. I was very proud of my friend. Gays need to start confronting bigotry head on and not being ashamed to do so. Needless to say, chuck tried to run away from my friends lol. So much for being tough Chuck.

14. Jason says

16 trillion dollars in debt, a president and a candidate who are both funded by the same wall street machines, endless wars and limitless overseas spending and a country that is charted for the same course most of Europe is on – aka economical collapse – and people are still talking about who another’s sexual partner is?

Great to see Chuck Norris has his priorities in order. Idiot.

15. bobbyjoe says

@RichB in PS

Glad to see someone else mention Chuck Norris’ exercise infomercial.

In it, Norris comes across like the gay stepchild of Doug Henning and Richard Simmons auditioning to be in the Village People.

Here’s the link:

Watch it and see if you agree it’s a clear “methinks the dude doth protest too much” moment.

16. NwYrkr says

BobbyJoe and Rich B, saw that commercial this week you forgot to add the bad hair dye job to boot, you know thate bush don’t match the tree-top so to speak …Miss Thing needs a good stylist

17. Mk Ultra says

Norris’ reputation precedes him. He is old and senile.
    It appears he’s showing signs of Alzheimer’s.
    The old boy just hasn’t got it anymore. In fact he’s permanently lost it.

18. CHRISTOPHER ALLEN HORTON says

“ENDO,”

WHENEVER YOU SEE MY POSTS, YOU ALWAYS MENTION THE WORD, “CRAZY.” ARE YOU T-H-A-T AFRAID OF ME?

CHRISTOPHER ALLEN HORTON

19. says

hello my name is Nicholas Baker I don’t like what President Oboma is doing to the gays right now. I think a boy that is gay should be in scouting without being judged by the other scout because of who he is.