Former Assistant Claims John Travolta Had Long-Term Boyfriend

JTravoltaFor those of you following the John Travolta sex scandal — you know, how he allegedly groped male massuers — here is a bit more information on the famed actor's supposed private life, via his former assistant.

"I did everything for him, including taking care of his personal and professional schedules," Joan Edwards said. "Of course I knew he was gay. It never bothered me."

Edwards, who claims to have worked for Travolta from 1978 to 1994, says Travolta had a six-year-long relationship with a male pilot named Doug Gotterba in the 1980s…

The Enquirer could not confirm the relationship, the publication notes, but did confirm Gotterba did work for the Pulp Fiction star.

Gotterba's post-Travolta boyfriend, Robert Britz tells the Enquirer Gotterba told him in detail about the relationship, and how it began to sour as Travolta gained weight.

"After a few years Doug grew apart from John sexually, and John's advances eventually started to repulse him," Britz claims.

Meanwhile, the British comedian Russell Brand has a new joke about giving Travolta a massage: "He needed it, man. He was so stiff, I'm telling you!" That's one way of putting it…

Comments

1. Rick says

“Gotterba’s post-Travolta boyfriend, Robert Britz tells the Enquirer Gotterba told him in detail about the relationship, and how it began to sour as Travolta gained weight.”

Great. I “love” you deeply from the bottom of my heart and with all my soul……but only as long as you are still hot.

Sound familiar?

2. Rick says

This was like when my dad stopped having sex with me because I got chubby, because stereotypical gays made him think that all gay men should be fit with 6packs.

3. Tim says

This is quite the witch hunt. Sounds a lot like the bullying we all abhor, yet now he’s getting the same from the community that suffers the most from it.

4. says

Really? John does not have to answer to anyone. We have come a long way and don’t need him to lead the way. Not any longer. He is not out there being anti-gay. His assistant, and his former BF, have betrayed John. That is the crime here.

John is my age. We come from a world where it was not OK to be OUT and gay in Movies. It would of destroyed his career. That is not his fault. Blame religion, not John.

Everyone is not strong enough to lead the way in gay rights. I have been happy to do so just so people like John never have to explain anything to anyone. I have always been happy to risk it all, often alone, several times beaten, jailed in protest or gay bashed.

Stop making this sorted. The new version of John Travolta can be open and can be free, if he needs to be, thanks to us.

5. Swiminbuff says

The Scientologists must be getting exhausted running around trying to put out all Johns fires. Poor things must dread the day Tom & Katie fall apart.

6. Nelson says

Thank you Jacques. Well said. Leave this man alone. We don’t know if he’s sad, sorry, (insert judgmental adjective), etc. We don’t know if any of this is even true. And if it is, who cares? What has this many ever done to any of us besides entertain? And if its true, who cares? Has he ever come out as a homophobe? He was the mom in Hairspray (the movie version) for crying out loud. Leave the man alone.

7. Caliban says

So far as I know John Travolta has never said a word against gays. That’s true.

However, what’s getting overlooked IMO is that he’s not just a closeted gay man with a “beard” for a wife, but he’s also somewhat of a sexual predator. Most of the masseuses who have come forward have stated his sexual advances were unwelcome and included exposure, masturbation, rubbing against them, etc. There have been similar reports (if they’re to be believed) from film sets. Because he is wealthy and a “movie star” he’s gotten away with for a long time because in terms of power, he has more of it than his victims do and he abuses his power when he abuses them. If he wasn’t who he was he’d have been arrested by now.

And to me that makes a difference.

8. Garth says

I had a crush on Travolta when I saw “Grease” Now to hear that he indeed was gay then — not that I could have him, but geez…Usually fantasies are totally unattainable. Now what’s going on with Zac Efron boy?

9. ratbastard says

John Travolta has chosen to be a public figure, and gossip about him is fair game. IMO however, his private life is his own business.

10. Rick says

Anonymous Christians who have CIA members are trained to spread this black propaganda as part of their psychological warfare against groups they do not like, Anonymous are Christians who hide behind the mask of Guy Fawkes who was a Catholic terrorist who tried to kill the king and his government to set up a Christian dictatorship. The book on black propaganda says call your enemy gay. These anti-gay Christians who are Anonymous pretend to be pro gay but they are behind stopping the gay marriage and equal rights for LGBT people and using psychological warfare against LGBT people.

11. FunMe says

I saw him working out at my gym about a month ago here in my LaLaLand beach city. I was going to say hello, but I thought “ewwwwwwwww” knowing all the stories I had heard about him and his closet queen ways in the “straight” saunas. He had lost some weight. He and his trainer kept eyeing me, but I stayed as far away from them as I could. Well except for some weights I needed to get that were in front of them. I thought of taking a secret photos, but there were less than 10 people in the gym and it would have been obvious. But then again, I was still thinking of the “ewwwwwwwwwwwwww” about him.

That’s too bad given that he’s a Saturday Night Fever icon.

12. Graphicjack says

There’s also the claim out now that he started to give Jeff Conway (Kinicki) oral sex while he was sleeping on the set of Grease, that Conway flipped out and that their once strong friendship ended because of it. I agree that Travolta is sounding more and more like a sexual predator, and that if it weren’t for his celebrity, he would have been in jail by now. That to me is the scandal, not that he’s gay and closeted, which everyone’s known about for some time. This story about the pilot confirms that photo of JT kissing a pilot that was plastered all over People or some such celebrity rag. If he would have been able to come out years ago, most of this stuff wouldn’t have happened because he wouldn’t have needed to look for DL sex. Dude was hot back in the day… He coulda had the pick of the Castro. Sad.

13. Nelson says

FUNME: don’t flatter yourself.

Leave the poor guy alone. This is sad. Imagine if you were in his shoes how you’d handle it. We know very little about this guy, for all we know it could be 100% true or 100% false. No one is perfect, and we deal with all sort of crap we wouldn’t want anyone to know about. Again I ask, what has he ever done to any of us, besides entertain us?

– Nel

14. MateoM says

People largely forget that Scientology is an anti-gay religion. Paul Haggis revealed this with regards to how the leadership of the church sought to drive his openly lesbian daughter out of his life as they believe such behavior is unsavory.

It’s no coincidence that closet-case actors seem to flock to this cult. That “church” has extreme pull with the media, which used to be helpful in the creation and reinforcement of beard relationships for in-the-closet celebrity members. I guess their control is slipping as of late.

15. Booka says

Anyone that enjoys a certain amount of fame and or power, seems to always want to rewrite their bio’s…for so many reasons, mostly to benefit their self absorbed image of themselves. Yet, history shows, the truth ALWAYS comes out, eventually. JT had alot of reasons at the begin of his career to hide his proclivities, not so much later on. I don’t envy the price he has paid for his success, but the sooner he understands the futility of hiding himself in this way, the sooner he will finally gain control and peace in his life.

16. Ealan14 says

This is sad, watching people come up with a million reasons why its ok to rip this guys life apart. He’s a scietologist so he deserves it. He’s a celebrity so he’s fair game. He’s a closet case, so its all good. All this based on some allegations (still unproven), and gossip. what if he is in the closet? is this really helping him to love himself more? To be people that want equality and respect from others, we sure do a crappy job taking care of our own.

17. says

Other people say Scientology is throwing Travolta under the bus because he finally verbalized his intention to sever ties with the powerful cult. And being from the pre-AIDS generation, John reacted exactly the way Scientology expected him to: lose the public’s TRUST by denying, instead of reinventing, himself, as a mature romantic gay hero with a six-pack and tried-and-true dramatic chops.

18. Sad! says

Doesn’t Johnny realize that people would have more respect for him if he just came out and lived his life the way he wanted instead of all this bearding and sleazy stuff with massuers? I know which situation I think is more embarassing…

19. Anthony Veneziano says

“I wouldn’t drop John because he gained weight, I’d drop him because he became a Scientologist”

UM!!! I would drop him because he is a PIG, gay straight, wherever on the spectrum a PIG is a PIG … he doesn’t seem to have any respect for men or women or for himself.