Comments

1. says

and what a beautiful contribution it is. a simple and iconic visual representation of beauty and diversity. one of those occasional ‘natural wonders’ that signifies brightness and light at the end of the storm.

thank you mr. baker!!!

2. Jack says

Now let’s hire an expensive advertising agency or design firm to design a new Gay logo for the 21th Century. This one belongs in a ’70’s blacklight poster store.

3. Homo Genius says

I HATE HATE HATE that flag. Cant stand that it sour symbol. More appropriate for 12 year old girls and their my little ponies. Also agree with the above poster that its also very 70’s.

It has no meaning and says nothing to me.

But then again I cant even stand being refered to as LGBTABCDEFG. Im gay. Gay is fine. If you ever meet an LBGTABCDEFG please have him call me.

4. Zlick says

Yeah, it’s very ’70’s. Newsflash though – many other groups’ symbols are a wee bit older. Say, several thousand years older. Boy do they look dated!

Get.Over.It.

I’m not a huge fan of the rainbow flag either, for my own aesthetic reasons – but even I can acknowledge the apt symbolism and the reality that it’s our symbol, like it or not, and there can be far worse ones at that!

5. Perkin Warbeck says

Homo Genius – your typo “”it sour symbol” could be not more perfect. Sour – a word that rips through our community far too often.

6. Graphicjack says

I love the original 8-coloured flag that Gilbert created. Thanks Gilbert, for making a bright, colorful and positive flag that represents love and diversity. Yes, we can all get a little “over” the rainbow sometimes, but it’s classic, enduring and powerful.

7. Randy says

Thanks Mr. Baker.

It’s a beautiful symbol, which does represent our diverse community well. And it’s a hopeful symbol, and hope is something our youth will always need.

Anyone who doesn’t like the rainbow’s colors can take it up with Sir Isaac Newton and the physical universe.