Gay Marriage | Military | News | Washington

Navy Vet on Proposing to His Partner, Why Marriage Matters: VIDEO

Monroy

Washington United for Marriage (WUM), the group working to preserve Washington State’s marriage equality law, has released a third video in its 'Why Marriage Matters' campaign. This clip features 24-year-old Pablo Monroy, a Navy vet, telling the story of serving under DADT and then returning to civilian life and asking his partner to marry him

Says Monroy:  “Even when I was growing up I wanted to get married, settle down, have a family...white picket fence. And even after I realized I was gay I still wanted that, with whoever I loved.”

Watch his lovely story, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. This guy's a sweetie for sure.

We're going to have marriage equality in this wonderful State.

Posted by: UFFDA | Jun 25, 2012 8:45:19 AM

2. This guy's a sweetie for sure.

We're going to have marriage equality in this wonderful State.

Posted by: UFFDA | Jun 25, 2012 8:45:25 AM

3. @Steve,

As opposed to appointed, unanswerable, political hacks and technocrats? Get 'progressives', Marxist, whomever has an ideology that appeals to you to run for these school board positions. If the general public who are served by these elected school board members don't like them, they can force them out.

Academia has for a long time now been the haven overwhelmingly of the FAR left [one of the few places on Earth where Marxism can be earnestly discussed and extolled with a straight face is in the so-called Ivy Tower environments, and I'm talking about not just universities, but grade and HS. In Sweden they start the political correctness brainwashing by the age of 3. Of course people will counter me by saying other institutions like religions and advertisers/marketers for big business likewise get at young kids to brainwash them. This is also true. But, at the end of the day, I suppose these elected school boards are one of the few opportunities for the far right loons to get a foot in the door.

====================

IMO the Westboro Baptist Church clan are MEGA trolls, and this Wu guy is a part of the scheme.

Posted by: ratbastard | Jun 25, 2012 10:22:27 AM

4. SORRY! Posted my anoove post in the wrong thread.

Posted by: ratbastard | Jun 25, 2012 10:23:45 AM

5. ♥♥♥love♥♥♥

Posted by: ESA | Jun 25, 2012 12:10:46 PM

6. Pablo, this old "tin can" sailor wishes you and your partner a long life filled with happiness.

Posted by: andrew | Jun 25, 2012 9:55:41 PM