David Burtka | Gay Parents | Neil Patrick Harris

The Exhaustively Photographed Parenting Adventures Of Neil Patrick Harris And David Burtka

HarrisBurtka

Buzzfeed's Nat Stopera must be really, really into Neil Patrick Harris and/or David Burtka. For Father's Day, Stopera has compiled a roughly chronological photo- and tweeto-graphic celebration of Harris's and Burtka's relationship, and of the couple's ongoing adventures in parenthood. Wow! It's pretty exhaustive! And thoroughly adorable. Harris, Burtka, and kids plainly have a lot of fun together. See how much here.

(Incidentally, Harris and Burtka appeared on OWN two weeks ago to talk about their family life. Watch that here.)

Comments

1. I love them.What a beautiful family.

Posted by: Miguel | Jun 17, 2012 1:20:44 PM

2. I love NPH and DB. Their idyllic and extremelythe picturesque homonormative lives make me super jealous/excited to marry my fiance and start our own family.

Posted by: Munro | Jun 17, 2012 1:20:45 PM

3. Extremely*** not extremelythe. Stupid andriod autocorrect.

Posted by: Munro | Jun 17, 2012 1:21:39 PM

4. I'm usually nonplussed at how everyone loves these two. However, after seeing God/Oprah's special, I found them kind of tedious. Yes, they're two gay men who love their children and can raise them as well as women can, but during the entire interview, they struck me as very superficial and materialistic.

They knew the price/brand of every item shown on camera and went out of their way to point things out that weren't related to their kids, but rather what they could buy and treat their kids to. Good for them, but aren't there any other gay fathering duos we can finally focus on? I'll wait patiently.

Posted by: Drew | Jun 17, 2012 1:47:14 PM

5. @Drew: Yes, I remember. When they said how they cooked for those kids themselves and how they read to them and wanted to be the first and last person they see every day. That was very materialistic.

Gosh, get over yourself. Oprah wanted a tour of their house. Then you talk about the frigging house. That's how those things work.

Posted by: Monaz | Jun 17, 2012 1:59:21 PM

6. @Monaz I agree with you. and @Drew Youare wrong.

I think they are a wonderful family. They seem so down to earth. I loved them on Oprah. They showed that ultimately they are a couple as the rest of us, with problems, cooperation, compromise, up and down periods in the relationship. Challenges of combining work and family life. Their relationship has survived many challenges. All honor to them. It is not always easy. And they have chosen to settle in an pretty ordinary residential area and not chosen to pursue a life style that many famous people do. It deserves respect in my book. BTW Burtka is hot.

Posted by: KM | Jun 17, 2012 2:46:47 PM

7. It's "Matt Stopera", not "Nat Stopera", and he posts a lot of the best stuff on Buzzfeed.

Posted by: bcarter3 | Jun 17, 2012 3:33:20 PM

8. Yeah, Drew. Go outside and enjoy the sunshine. It'll do you good.

Posted by: Joe | Jun 17, 2012 3:35:28 PM

9. I found the Oprah interview fascinating because as a gay couple with children their lives parallel ours. There were little snippets that when said, both Greg and I looked at each other. "Do you want more kids?" Before marriage we were convinced of having three. Now that our son is five well... and ... when NPH said he was in love with David, David said "that's nice". When I confessed to Greg - the man didn't talk to me for three days! I was devastated! Heart-broken and I cried. Those three days of silence did the same to him. What I remember most was opening the door and finding him there, red-eyed saying "I do love you..."

I thought the cover page of NPH and David was beautiful. That, to me, was a sweet sexy intimate moment and they were telling all of us that it is okay to love one another.

Posted by: OS2Guy | Jun 17, 2012 4:45:35 PM

10. I hope that they realize that they and others have made them the poster boys of gay fatherhood. They damn sure better stay together and raise up those children right! America is watching.

Posted by: andrew | Jun 17, 2012 9:29:15 PM

11. OS2GUY - your story is as good - it's better - than NPH's. My heart goes cold. Then warm.

But these guys are great. I love hearing about them.

Posted by: UFFDA | Jun 18, 2012 1:15:45 AM

12. i'd like to know if they bottle fed the kids formula or human breast milk. I understand purchasing breast milk as a commercial productis a Hollywood thing.

Posted by: mike flower | Jun 18, 2012 1:36:18 AM

13. God David Burtka's ARMS?? YUM! He's got a great body at 37!

Posted by: Jase | Jun 18, 2012 2:34:10 AM

14. It's obvious that Drew hasn't even seen the Oprah interview, or he clearly does not know the meaning of the word "materialistic"...

I personally enjoy hearing about them and seeing pics of the babies. Others might not, they can just not click on links or articles, it's that easy!

Posted by: Lee | Jun 18, 2012 4:55:34 AM

15. I enjoy seeing these two and their kids but I think the shine has rather been taken off their story, at least for me, when I discovered David already has two kids by surrogate with another man that he apparently rarely sees.

Posted by: Alan | Jun 18, 2012 7:21:23 AM

16. Wait till those kids turn two

Posted by: Manny Espinola | Jun 18, 2012 12:17:31 PM

17. @Alan

I once heard he had other kids, but wasn't sure that was true until now. What happened? If anyone knows.

Posted by: Gabe R L | Jun 18, 2012 7:53:43 PM

18. @ Alan and Gabe RL:

I think I read that David Burtka's ex-boyfriend had twins through surrogacy before/while they were dating. David is not their father, but he helped raise them while he and the ex were together.

Posted by: Lee | Jun 19, 2012 5:02:46 AM

19. Thank you, Lee. I hope he can see more of the other twins nad that history does not repeat itself.

Posted by: Gabe R L | Jun 19, 2012 3:48:23 PM