Activism | Chick-fil-A | News

'National Same-Sex Kiss Day' at Chick-Fil-A on August 3

Antigay_chickfila

The Chick-Fil-A wars heat up with supporters of equality on Facebook organizing an event of protest on August 3:

In honor of their support for love, equality, and the real definition of family, we're holding a NATIONAL Same Sex Kiss Day at Chick Fil A's around the country. So grab a friend (or 20) and head out to your nearest Chick Fil A! And don't forget to post photos/videos of it here! For all the world to see!

Comments

1. I don't want to see ANYONE kissing in Chick Fil A! I don't care if your hetero or homo....go get a room and let everyone eat their meal. One other thought, if people go in to the Chick Fil A with the intention of not purchasing and blocking customers and just being in there to kiss (again, hetero or homo) they will be removed (rightfully so) for blocking the private business owners facility. So you may have to make a purchase if you'd like to stay and smooch.
    Those of us who support the right of Chick Fil A owner to state what he believes in ALSO support the rights of those who don't agree to peacefully protest without interfering in a private business owners venture. God Bless America

Posted by: CMS | Aug 1, 2012 8:47:14 PM

2. Folks, it is a private company and they can say what they want. If you are offended, then don't show up at the establishment. You can't run to Mommy your entire life and whine like a 3 year old. Learn to deal with the fact that you will not be liked by everyone and everyone does NOT have to like you. If you work for a corporation, then what I am telling you should not be news!

Posted by: LauraLoonie | Aug 1, 2012 8:57:47 PM

3. Folks, it is a private company and they can say what they want. If you are offended, then don't show up at the establishment. You can't run to Mommy your entire life and whine like a 3 year old. Learn to deal with the fact that you will not be liked by everyone and everyone does NOT have to like you. If you work for a corporation, then what I am telling you should not be news!

Posted by: LauraLoonie | Aug 1, 2012 8:57:58 PM

4. Folks, it is a private company and they can say what they want. If you are offended, then don't show up at the establishment. You can't run to Mommy your entire life and whine like a 3 year old. Learn to deal with the fact that you will not be liked by everyone and everyone does NOT have to like you. If you work for a corporation, then what I am telling you should not be news!

Posted by: LauraLoonie | Aug 1, 2012 8:58:11 PM

5. Backfire.

Was it the intention of several prominent mayors to bring additional business to Chick-Fil-A by announcing their efforts to ban their restaurants from their jurisdictions? They've done more business on a Wed than they usually do in 5 days (most closed early due to running out of their usual 5 day supply of ingredients).

When the PTA is upset with a school issue, they don't invade a class in progress and start kissing each other. If you defecate in a bank while I am there, I will not be interested in your anti-war opinions. If you loiter in Chick-Fil-A witout making a purchase and intentionally go there to make out to cause a disturbance in front of my 6 year old daughter,it will affirm to me that this lifestyle is anti-social and its members are disrespectful to the general public.

When I was a Christian, I evangelized many converts by befriending them and through a long term relationshing, sharing how my faith brought joy and peace to my life. Not by confronting them, arguing with them, or calling them names and designating them as my enemy. I treated non-believers as a potential brother or sister in faith, and eventually I won most of them over. [They were pretty shocked when I renounced my faith.]

The point is, you'll make more enemies than friends if you particpate in a mass tresspassing/kissing demonstration. You want the CEO's to think twice? Their patrons will write them, donate money, and encourage them to fight the good fight, after having been afronted and directly challenged. Talk shows will invite them, they'll get a ton of interviews and airtime. They'll think twice alright.

A baptist evangelical since the age of 3 and for more than 30 yrs, I've begun to empathize after becoming close friends with two homosexual co-workers. The mayor's intentions to ban Chick-Fil-A brought out the fight in me; for my children and their children's sake. The gender which others choose for marriage affects my life because its creates an influence on my children's upbringing. You can't tell me to take my family somewhere else to raise them (like Iran, perhaps), because I could say the same to LGBT couples and families. In this plurality which make us strong as a nation, we have to respect one another and learn to not only live together, but thrive together. So, lets not get combative - it never solves anything for the better. Always better to play nice.

Posted by: Compassionate Bigot | Aug 2, 2012 4:23:01 AM

6. Hey lets support this Gay CEO of a fast food chicken franchise! Smithfields Chicken and BBQ! Right here in the Carolinas.

The right wing hating media tries to hide this, but PRIDE always come thru!
    Make sure to support this CEO's company!

We become hetrophobic because we have to be on the lookout to defend ourselves from these HATERS!

Posted by: Ilovesmithfieldschicken | Aug 2, 2012 7:38:17 AM

7. well im a lesbian and me & my GIRLFRIEND will be attending this kiss in!

Posted by: Tameria jones | Aug 2, 2012 8:40:45 AM

8. Ok, this is crazy, and major defamation of character. It's very sad that someone who believes that the covenant of marriage is meant for a man and woman is someone who believes that God hates fags is a crazy conclusion. I don't know of one Christian who is homophobic or hates fags. Most are just the opposite. I admit a lot of Christians don't know what to think of gays because it's so foreign to their own thoughts, but accusing someone of hatred because they love God and their families takes poor poor character. I guess people with poor character are quick to assume that about others.

Posted by: Amy | Aug 2, 2012 3:18:43 PM

9. I think this is only going to be counterproductive for the gay community for several reasons. Firstly, you're talking about people being tolerant, but have no tolerance yourselves. Practice what you preach so to speak. This is America. We have the 1st amendment for a reason and that means we can state our individual views without risk of government persecution. Secondly, if the restaurant feels that paying customers are uncomfortable due to the actions of other people (especially those that aren't purchasing anything) they have the right to ask you to step off the premises. If you don't leave, it will become trespassing and that leads to tickets and/or arrest. It's not worth the money for fines or the smudge on your record. Thirdly, since you will be stuck outside, that leaves your group open for homophobic retaliation. I will hope that violence will not happen, but there are a lot of unstable people out there that may become unhinged when this happens. And lastly, this isn't going to prevent customers. The restaurant isn't going to allow you to be inside, so those in support will most likely just show up anyway. By all means, exercise your right to picket and speak out freely, but a kiss in isn't the way to gain sympathizers. I support chick fil a because to me this is an attack on the freedom of speech that this country allows, not because of the gay marriage debate. This company gives money and support to organizations that share their values or beliefs and that's their choice. Supporting the traditional family is not a bad thing. I also read the interview and it says nothing about gay or lesbian relationships. It seems that he is talking about divorce and helping families stay together in a divorce happy culture. With financial difficulty being a major contributer to divorce, and a failing economy, it makes sense that he would put his money into organizations that provide alternatives to divorce. He doesnt say anything in the interview about LGBT lifestyles That's an assumption by anti-christian groups and the liberal media to start up a storm against christianity and the principles of that belief system. You talk about tolerance, and people being judgemental, but you're in essence doing exactly that. You assume that because a Christian person supports the traditional family, that they hate gay people. He may indeed be opposed to the lifestyle, but I see no evidence that he hates gay people. You may assume that I am homophobic because I don't support you on this, but no I am not. I've never been uncomfortable around gay people and have over the years made friends with many gays and lesbians and supporters of the entire community.

Posted by: Katy | Aug 2, 2012 4:50:57 PM

10. I think this is all retarded.

Posted by: Ashley | Aug 2, 2012 6:54:19 PM

11. All he said was he believed in what the bible said about marriage nothing about gays. I am a Christian and I believe in what the Bible says about marriage. It also says do not judge, and I am not here to judge. Lets stop making this a straight/gay issue and realize this is really about freedom of speech. Obama said last year he believed in what the bible said about marriage but nobody complained then. We are going to become a communist country if we cannot say what we want to say. Agencies are going against the 1st amendment and 2nd amendment. Open our eyes people!!!!!! Get educated about the real problems in this world and being straight/gay is not the real problem!! There are other major issues out there!! Cancer,shooting, death, economy,jobs, just to name a few!

Posted by: Tiredoftheissue | Aug 3, 2012 8:30:22 AM

12. Wow nothing better to do with your time

Posted by: chickenlover | Aug 4, 2012 4:05:32 AM

13. What a silly way to protest our demands for equality. It is right up there with glitter bombing.

Posted by: andrew | Aug 18, 2012 8:43:42 PM