New York | Video | YouTube

The Allegedly Amusing Misadventures Of Two Fictional Closet Cases: VIDEO

HomoThugs

This video, which seeks to be (and, some say, succeeds in being) hilarious, is from Jermaine Fowler, star of the soon-to-be resurrected In Living Color, and comic Kevin Barnett, of New York City. It's part of an in-progress web series called "Homo Thugs," which promises a "real look inside the lives of two homophobic, in-the-closet gangsters." Funny?

Readers at work, please note: The language is coarse.

Watch AFTER THE JUMP ...

Comments

1. Is this suppose to be funny?

Posted by: jaragon | Jul 14, 2012 9:43:26 PM

2. I thought it was a gaz! spot on!

Posted by: Manny Espinola | Jul 14, 2012 10:47:53 PM

3. Best line: "I can smell that Garnier Früctis from over here!"

Posted by: peterparker | Jul 15, 2012 1:09:58 AM

4. Wasn't homophobic or even remotely funny for that matter, 2 minutes and 33 seconds of my day wasted.

Posted by: Rob | Jul 15, 2012 5:56:52 AM

5. Not completely successful, but Jermaine Fowler is a brilliant standup comic. I have hopes for this reboot.

Posted by: Kakapo | Jul 15, 2012 10:11:37 AM

6. White people all like, "OH EM GEE. I don't know WHAT I just watched. All my Black humor references can't seem to help me understand this, thus, I do not find this funny. This HAS to be racist if I don't get it. Humph!"

People of color be like, "See, white gays! Now you know how it feels to have some content on this website not aimed towards your interests. That's us the majority of the time."

Posted by: Armando Sanchez | Jul 15, 2012 11:09:14 AM

7. Pretty damned hilarious!

Posted by: AladinSane | Jul 15, 2012 2:00:40 PM

8. Pretty damned hilarious!

Posted by: AladinSane | Jul 15, 2012 2:00:47 PM

9. Pretty damned hilarious!

Posted by: AladinSane | Jul 15, 2012 2:00:50 PM

10. Ugh. Couldn't stand In Living Color, and this looks like more of the same.

Posted by: Randy | Jul 15, 2012 3:55:09 PM

11. That was funny.

The post drives home something I've been noticing lately - how very humorless and uncomfortable the bloggers on this site are around anything involving nonwhite people. I come to Towleroad because (sadly) it's the gay blog that covers the widest range of queer-male-interest news and culture I've found on the Internet - not that it does so particularly well. It says much about the sorry state of gay media that a leading site like this is still so narrow-minded and bewildered by anything outside a limited upper-middle-class-urban-gay-white-male perspective. It's embarrassing - if II weren't holding down a full-time job already, I would rebrand you.

Posted by: Raheem | Jul 16, 2012 8:17:13 PM