Film and TV

BigGayDeal.com

Gay Man Wants To Be A Millionaire, Admits Ignorance About Naked Ladies: VIDEO

Empric

Who Wants To Be A Millionaire host Meredith Vieira really had a great laugh when contestant Michael Empric admitted a few months back, "I don't know much about naked women."

It was all in good fun, of course, and as our tipster reader notes, "When game shows are this gay friendly, you know we're mainstream!"

Watch video of adorable Empric AFTER THE JUMP.

Comments

1. That is funny. Thank you for sharing.

Posted by: justin | Aug 23, 2012 10:04:49 AM

2. Cute, but if you don't know Miro is a Spanish artist, I'm not sure you'd do very well on a trivia quiz show!

Posted by: tom a | Aug 23, 2012 10:28:12 AM

3. I'd love to be on Millionaire someday! I was a contestant on Jeopardy a few years ago (came in 3rd), so I'd like to try the game show thing again. With my partner in the audience. :-)

Posted by: TerryA | Aug 23, 2012 10:50:40 AM

4. That was funny. Love Meredith!

Posted by: sweetdog | Aug 23, 2012 10:59:04 AM

5. Meredith Vieira is one of my longtime crushes--she's so smart and warm and funny. She's also very gay friendly. (When Star Jones and Elizabeth Hasselbeck were debating "Brokeback Mountain" on The View and getting their knickers all twisted up, Vieira chimed in that she thought the movie was "beautiful.")

Posted by: Dback | Aug 23, 2012 11:58:05 AM

6. I love Meredith's reaction. She could barely hold it together. Too funny.

Posted by: mike128 | Aug 23, 2012 12:15:55 PM

7. This game show has always been gay-friendly, even before Meredith Vieira started hosting it. Original host Regis Philbin acknowledged gay contestants and their partners without hesitation, with the same ease in which he acknowledged other couples, married or not. Regis has had my respect ever since.
    Compare that to Jeopardy, where I've never heard any gay contestant (or Alec Trebek for that matter) acknowldge a partner when introducing themselves. I haven't watched Jeopardy in years, so maybe things have changed on the show. If so, it's way overdue.

Posted by: MichaelJ | Aug 23, 2012 2:05:44 PM

8. Would have been funnier had she not prompted the response. Low hanging fruit...

Posted by: Brian in Texas | Aug 23, 2012 9:24:57 PM

9. That was an enjoyable moment. Thanks for posting it. I think Meredith Vieira is great.

Posted by: andrew | Aug 23, 2012 11:33:41 PM