Andrew Shirvell | Chris Armstrong | Michigan | News

BigGayDeal.com

Irrepressible Andrew Shirvell Still Defending 'Homosexual Agenda' Attacks

ShirvellAndrew Shirvell hasn't changed a bit.

You'll recall that Shirvell is the former Michigan assistant attorney general who lost his job in 2010 after launching a heinous one-man crusade against openly gay University of Michigan student body president Chris Armstrong, whom he accused of pushing the "homosexual agenda".

Well, Shirvell made that very same claim yesterday, when he acted as his own lawyer and defended himself against Armstrong's federal lawsuit against him.

Insisting he has "no hatred in his heart" from Armstrong, Shirvell told the court Armstrong advocated a "radical homosexual agenda" during his tenure at the school, according to Detroit Free Press. And Shirvell also claims that his blog about Armstrong was "political speech" designed to topple's the student's presidency.

Shirvell questioned himself on the witness stand for more than an hour Wednesday, trying to convince the jury he was upset by Armstrong's push for gender-neutral housing at U-M. Shirvell graduated in 2002.

"My blog was political speech," Shirvell testified. "I viewed my blog as a movement to get Mr. Armstrong to resign. I personally felt Mr. Armstrong was too radical for the position."

Armstrong's attorney, Deborah Gordon, questioned whether Shirvell was really upset with the gender-neutral issue, or whether he was "obsessed" with her client.

Armstrong's suit, which is asking $25,000 in compensatory damages, says Shirvell defamed his character and inflicted emotional distress.

Comments

1. Has he been disbarred yet?

Posted by: RWG | Aug 16, 2012 10:36:28 AM

2. From what I have read about this, I surmise that he was stalking Armstrong. For whatever reason, he decided that Armstrong was his "Object of desire" in a negative way and pursued him relentlessly. I suspect Shirvell probably has some gender-attraction issues which he has failed to address. In other words; I think Shirvell is a closet-queen lashing out in denial.

Posted by: Alex Parrish | Aug 16, 2012 10:40:14 AM

3. The fact that this guy is still on the loose is unsettling. I hope Armstrong is safe.

Posted by: john patrick | Aug 16, 2012 10:41:58 AM

4. shared it before, but will share it again - i had actual interactions with shirvell on Facebook just days before he went on CNN and proved to everyone just how obsessively insane he is..

check it out. his obsession with armstrong is incredibly unhealthy. does this sound like a sane man???

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Aug 16, 2012 10:46:46 AM

5. I don't think he has any "hatred" in his heart either.

I think the words "obsession," "envy," and "desire" are more fitting.

Posted by: kpo5 | Aug 16, 2012 10:49:03 AM

6. I'm from MI, and this guy is in love with Armstrong. So obvious. He is a bag of nuts, too.

Posted by: Steven | Aug 16, 2012 10:59:15 AM

7. Shrill Shirvell shall shrivel!

Posted by: hugo | Aug 16, 2012 11:00:48 AM

8. Give it up Mr. Shirvell.

Posted by: Tintin Malfoy | Aug 16, 2012 11:05:59 AM

9. "...[Shirvell] acted as his own lawyer..."

Looks like that old saying about "having a fool for a client" still holds true in this case.

Posted by: FuryOfFirestorm | Aug 16, 2012 11:11:46 AM

10. We have Reagan to thank for this. He let the mentally ill out onto the streets.

Posted by: jomicur | Aug 16, 2012 11:35:37 AM

11. It's my hope that Mr. Shrivell will get some professional help before his denial and obsession fueled imbalance causes him to inflict physical harm on himself or others. The man is plainly unhinged from any semblance of reality; I fear he may become much more dangerous after he loses his case.

Posted by: StarGem | Aug 16, 2012 11:35:58 AM

12. Well done, Hugo!

Posted by: T.s. | Aug 16, 2012 11:42:22 AM

13. My dyslexia keeps reading the cretin's last name as Shrivell. Which is probably what his soul is like: shrivelled into a piece of embittered longing for someone he cannot have or a life he will not let himself have to enjoy to the fullest. What a sad, sad man.

Posted by: jamal49 | Aug 16, 2012 12:17:55 PM

14. He is an obsessive man. Get over. The gay guy thwarted your advances. Go find some other gay guy to date you. FAG

Posted by: GUEST | Aug 16, 2012 12:36:10 PM

15. I like the oxymoron that Armstrong is supposedly radical regarding gender neutrality.

@guest no need for harsh names dude...

Posted by: Wdeanis | Aug 16, 2012 1:02:28 PM

16. I hope this is dismissed 'with prejudice', so he can't file again. He does scare me somewhat for what he may do in lashing out someday.

Posted by: Jeff York | Aug 16, 2012 2:19:32 PM

17. "A Lawyer Who Represents Himself In A Legal Case Has A Fool For A Client"...Shirvell can't honestly believe he'll prevail...

Posted by: Len | Aug 16, 2012 2:27:10 PM

18. The segment the Daily Show did on Andrew Shirvell was one for the ages. At no time during the entire segment did he realize that the joke was on him. They were making a complete fool of him and he didn't realize it.

Posted by: Ninong | Aug 16, 2012 5:27:11 PM

19. Somebody get this guy some cock, STAT!

Posted by: Derek Pearce | Aug 16, 2012 6:36:34 PM

20. According to Detroit's channel 7 news, Shirvell was ordered to pay Armstrong 4.5 million!

Posted by: Calvin | Aug 16, 2012 6:43:46 PM

21. Shame on you Andrew, GOD judges NOT YOU!! You were a representative of the people and to do all that you did, all I can say is KARMA is a B*$@H!!

Posted by: Kim Nosenzo | Nov 13, 2012 10:39:13 PM