Gay Marriage | Music | News | Rufus Wainwright

Rufus Wainwright on Addiction, His Mother, His Wedding This Week in Montauk: VIDEO

Wainwright

Rufus Wainwright was profiled yesterday on CBS Sunday morning. He talked candidly about his career, being an out artist, his mother Kate McGarrigle, who died last year of cancer, his daughter, and his August 23 marriage to boyfriend Jorn Weisbrodt.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Wow. I had never listened to his music before until today, he has a great voice. Two things after my mother passed away in February: 1. My mother is definitely omnipresent now that she┬┤s gone and 2. You are reborn after your mother passes leaving you to fend for yourself even as an adult. Thanks CBS for this piece!

Posted by: Toto in Tijuana | Aug 20, 2012 12:12:43 PM

2. I'm a HUGE fan of Rufus and his music (not the Garland or Opera stuff, but the rest if FANTASTIC!), and he's VERY funny during his concerts. His boyfriend/husband-to-be is also GORGEOUS! Congrats on the new family, Rufus! :-)

Posted by: Fruit-for-Peace | Aug 20, 2012 12:37:39 PM

3. So glad I finally got to see Kate and Anna several year ago after decades of holding there music so close to my heart. It was a family concert, and what a quirky sense of humor they had, making inside jokes about one another, trading instruments after every few songs! Love Rufus but I am crazy for his sister Martha.

Posted by: Vince | Aug 20, 2012 12:45:18 PM

4. Wishing you the best, Rufus. You are an amazing man from an amazing family.

Posted by: jamal49 | Aug 20, 2012 1:06:41 PM

5. Thanks so much for this piece. I have been listening to Kate and Anna McGarrigle for 30 yrs... I never get tired to their album "Dancer with Bruised Knees"- I went to their memorial concert in NYC and was honored to sit and listed to true music from the heart- so sincere, so honest, so perfect. We wish Rufus all the best-

Posted by: Dr. C | Aug 20, 2012 1:36:28 PM

6. oh, i see how it is, Towleroad.

Posted by: KDNA | Aug 20, 2012 8:47:21 PM

7. Loved the CBS piece and Rufus even more, but it surprises me that he isn't getting hitched in his native Canada where their marriage would be truly equal.

Posted by: heydave | Aug 21, 2012 9:34:30 AM

8. Rufus Wainwright, someone whom I have not paid attention to until now, comes across as the authentic, real life, real deal, an exotic of deep and thoughtful feeling. Everything about him in this interview expanded my sense of how amazing people can be. He is lovable.

And then Jorn, his marriage, how extraordinarily different they look, almost as different as possible, Jorn like the pugilist from the old Roman sculpture Pugilistico, Rufus very pastifaced yet you know his depth is there. Looking at them it is impossible not to imagine that something remarkable is passing between them, something lifegiving and pleasurable, not just sex but some passionature nuture.

Posted by: UFFDA | Aug 24, 2012 6:21:22 PM