Catholic Church | News | Salvatore Cordileone | San Diego | San Francisco

SF Archbishop's Mom Talks About His DUI, 'The Gays': VIDEO

Archbishop

San Diego's CBS affiliate caught up with the mother of Oakland Bishop Salvatore Cordileone, who was arrested for drunk driving in San Diego over the weekend. Mama Cordileone says that people just kept filling up the 'Father of Prop 8's' glass.

CordileoneThe newly appointed SF Archbishop, Cordileone released a statement:

While visiting in San Diego this past weekend, I had dinner at the home of some friends along with a priest friend visiting from outside the country and my mother, who lives near San  Diego State University. While driving my mother home, I passed through a DUI checkpoint the police had set up near the SDSU campus before I reached her home, and was found to be over the California legal blood alcohol level.

"I apologize for my error in judgment and feel shame for the disgrace I have brought upon the Church and myself. I will repay my debt to society and I ask forgiveness from my family and my friends and co-workers at the Diocese of Oakland and the Archdiocese of San Francisco.  I pray that God, in His inscrutable wisdom, will bring some good out of this."

Cordileone's mother hopes he'll be successful in San Francisco, where "the gays" are very active.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

San Diego, California News Station - KFMB Channel 8 - cbs8.com

Comments

1. I can see where he gets his hate from.

Posted by: Philip Wester | Aug 28, 2012 8:44:18 AM

2. he's got gayface.

Posted by: pc | Aug 28, 2012 8:49:02 AM

3. I'm a Canadian and have never seen this man before in my life, but I have amazing facial recognition gaydar, and it says *ping*.

Momma's boy, perma-tan, hiding behind religion.... yep. Closet case. Of the Norman Bates variety.

Oh, and he may "pray that God, in His inscrutable wisdom, will bring some good out of this", but I am hoping that the COURT acts in its own very scrutable wisdom -- by applying the full force of the law.

Posted by: Strepsi | Aug 28, 2012 8:50:34 AM

4. Maybe God is trying to show the world what this man is truly like. Mission accomplished.

Posted by: Jack M | Aug 28, 2012 8:56:07 AM

5. I like the last comment. Only, strike the "Maybe". There is no maybe. God IS trying to show the world what this man is truly like. A little weasel of a bigot. Thank you God (anyone's God). Turnaround is fair play.

Posted by: Edward | Aug 28, 2012 9:15:10 AM

6. Don't worry, Mama. The gays in San Francisco are more than ready for your son, Sally.

Posted by: elangay | Aug 28, 2012 9:25:27 AM

7. It's funny how clueless yet clued in a mother can be. She's happy her son is there with the gays. She says it's cause he'll stop their ungodly ways, but deep-down she knows he needs cock. That guy is just laugh happy to be wearing that Barbie meets the Borgia's outfit. I recognize that smile as a cock-sucker from thousands of miles away.

Posted by: Markt | Aug 28, 2012 9:34:44 AM

8. She must be so proud...SHE RAISED A BIGOT!

Posted by: Guest | Aug 28, 2012 9:57:06 AM

9. This NO DOUBT self hating closet case was probably drinking to help him cope with thoughts of being pounded in a Bath House or sucking cock through a GloryHole!

Posted by: Bob | Aug 28, 2012 10:08:13 AM

10. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah.

"I pray that God, in His inscrutable wisdom, will bring some good out of this."

Yeah, right. Drag "God" into this, as if that will make your ersatz piety more believable.

Hey, Archie. Uh, you coulda killed people driving drunk like that. That's the only thing I'd thank "God" that didn't happen.

Listen, honey. Just come clean with yourself. You'll feel better about yourself. You won't have to drink to cover up your true self.

And, don't worry. Your Ma will eventually come around.

Posted by: jamal49 | Aug 28, 2012 10:26:24 AM

11. Someone was cruising the college campus for Latin boy cock.

Posted by: anachro1 | Aug 28, 2012 11:52:33 AM

12. @Strepsi, I'm getting a Norman Bates vibe as well. Salvatore is a good boy who listens to Mommy.

Posted by: Bill | Aug 28, 2012 11:58:28 AM

13. He made a mistake by driving drunk and this is not the only mistake he made and it will not be the last mistake he makes, the Pope chose a drunk but then again the Catholic church is full of them.

Posted by: Mike | Aug 28, 2012 12:25:37 PM

14. I can't wait to see him in an orange vest picking trash along the freeway. I bet he was a hit in the drunk tank!! Who paid his bail?

Posted by: Howard | Aug 28, 2012 12:33:38 PM

15. I don't think that orange vest will coodinate with any of his church drag dresses!

Posted by: jsb | Aug 28, 2012 1:12:30 PM

16. He does look really Gay.

Posted by: thevegastyleguy | Aug 28, 2012 1:45:39 PM

17. Imagine if God's wisdom were scrutable.

Posted by: Glenn I | Aug 28, 2012 2:06:33 PM

18. The man should have been shot on the spot, like all who drink and drive should.

Posted by: mikie dennis | Aug 28, 2012 2:51:22 PM

19. ...they kept filling his glass.....and he kept emptying it

Posted by: i could go on, but I won't | Aug 28, 2012 4:00:59 PM

20. He'll love it in SF.

Posted by: anon | Aug 28, 2012 6:09:23 PM

21. God had nothing to do with it ;God didn't hold him down and pour alcohol down his throat, likewise the same 2000 year old bronze age sky fairy didn't force him to get in to the car and drive. Both were volitional acts hope he gets banged up (uk expression for jail) and banged when he's in there!

Posted by: Lock | Aug 28, 2012 6:17:44 PM

22. @PC: "He's got a gay face". Is that a bad thing? Are you criticising or praising him? I don't get your remark.

Posted by: andrew | Aug 28, 2012 9:58:52 PM

23. Archbishop Lush's DUI is revealing, in a reinforcing what everyone already knew kind of way. This is a man who doesn't care what effect his own personal actions have on the lives of others, whether it's a matter of supporting divisive, demeaning, hate-inspired legislation that creates real hardships for gay and lesbians and their families, including their children; or whether it's risking the lives of others by getting behind the wheel drunk. Then again, what do you expect from a cult-religion led by a Nazi?

Posted by: God Don't Like Ugly! | Aug 28, 2012 10:01:25 PM

24. The only things more obnoxious than Bishop Sal are many of the narrow minded and moronic posts about his DUI posted on this site.

Posted by: andrew | Aug 28, 2012 10:03:12 PM

25. This dude's in way too deep. He's been suckin' cock like a champ for EVER. Self Hate is so Catholic of him.

Posted by: Rich | Aug 28, 2012 10:57:25 PM