Comments

1. MarkUs says

What’s amusing is if this spectacle was seen from a tourist boat, there’d be some nut jumping in “I want to swim with it!”. Recall the nut at a zoo on YouTube who just had to get close to polar bears.

2. Furey says

I’ll join the chorus that is questioning why this is posted on Towleroad. While I recognize there has been an ever-changing pension for postin news that has nothing to do with the LGBT community, I question why articles/subjects such as the record number of LGBT delegates to the Democratic convention gets a line mention in a news summary story, and this gets it’s own post.

3. Furey says

4. Opinionated says

Anyone joining the sniveling chorus of “why is this posted on Towleroad” should sing their tune elsewhere. And if you would “rather not watch this” then it is really simple, DON’T. Sheesh you whiners.

5. Hawthorne says

Andy, thank you for the variety of things you post on your blog. Many of us come here for coverage of LGTBQ life and issues and politics, but it’s nice to have other things as well! Please keep posting a variety of things. For the record, I won’t watch the shark/seal video because I don’t want to see what happens.

6. Derek says

It is pretty simple. If you do not like what is posted, don’t read it, click it or watch it.

But please stop bitching about it. Start your own blog if you are unhappy with this content.

7. MammaBear says

I’d like to join in a chorus of “for Andy’s a jolly good fellow”, and follow up with a verse or two of 99 bottles of beer on the wall.

Have a great weekend.

8. Sean says

I second Furey’s post. Yeah, we get that it’s ‘not only gay news’ on here, but that’s why it was created. The general quality of the news on here has become increasingly pedestrian as new writers are brought on board; Andy Towle has all my respect, but that hasn’t extended to the Us magazine quality reporters that overshadow the relevant and more important stories that are being short-changed as a result.

Complaining is not bitching, but complaining about bitching is.

9. Wilkby says

Jesus Christ. It’s a link to a video. It’s not taking up literal space that would have been used for something else. If you don’t want to watch a shark video, scroll down beyond it.

10. Billy says

Not all news here has to be gay-related. But this video is, at best, pointless because this sort of thing happens CONSTANTLY in the wild. It’s really nothing remarkable. It’s not a once-in-a-lifetime encounter or outcome. It’s a seal getting eaten. So gay-related or not, it’s odd and confusing to see it here.