Gay Marriage | Jesse Tyler Ferguson | News

BigGayDeal.com

Jesse Tyler Ferguson Announces He's Getting Married: VIDEO

Jesse_ferguson

Modern Family's Jesse Tyler Ferguson popped the question to his partner Justin Mikita. He makes the announcement in a new video that marks the launch of a new foundation called TieTheKnot.org, which advocates for bow ties and marriage equality.

Check it out, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. For just a fleeting second there, I thought he was marrying Darren Criss.

Posted by: The Milkman | Sep 19, 2012 1:56:59 PM

2. Alec Baldwin will be heartbroken.

Posted by: Jerry | Sep 19, 2012 1:59:35 PM

3. Is Mikita of Indian descent?

Posted by: Pommie | Sep 19, 2012 2:50:26 PM

4. What an absolutely ADORABLE couple.

Well done, both of you.

I've been legally married 9 years and still best thing I ever did. It fulfilled and calmed a part of my heart that I did not know was troubled.... hubby says the same.

Congratulations and Cheers and Mazel Tov!

Posted by: Strepsi | Sep 19, 2012 3:01:45 PM

5. I love JTF. I do. I DOO!!! Do you hear me, Jesse???

*breaks down in sobs*

Posted by: G.I. Joe | Sep 19, 2012 3:15:46 PM

6. I want to be that puppy!

Posted by: jht | Sep 19, 2012 3:20:57 PM

7. That was very cute. I loved it when he tried to explain Justin's status ending with "conqubine..." LOL! So funny!

Would have been nice to see a little PDA - like an arm around a shoulder or holding a hand.

Posted by: OS2Guy | Sep 19, 2012 3:38:42 PM

8. He says Massachusetts funny. Odd since his diction is otherwise quite good.

Posted by: BobN | Sep 19, 2012 3:39:24 PM

9. They're quite a cute couple.

Posted by: Mike in the Tundra | Sep 19, 2012 3:49:55 PM

10. LOL JTF seems so blissful while he proudly says 'he's a lawyer'. And he's Massachusetts LOL I used to mispronounce it too. It's just too full of 's' that I couldn't help but lisp.

Btw does anyone know if Mikita is of Indian descent or not?

Posted by: Pommie | Sep 19, 2012 3:53:00 PM

11. Bow ties ere wonderful. They are delightfully queer. I learned to tie them despite being a fumble-fingers and had a work collection of 35. Then my neck got fat, and you can't wear a bow with your top button undone. Alas....

Posted by: gregory brown | Sep 19, 2012 4:16:19 PM

12. Ugh. Let us count the stereotypes! Good cause, but what a 2.5 minute cliche-ridden nightmare. Showtunes, gayby-cum-puppy, Liza head, bowties, fashion, etc... Argh.

Posted by: Sorcerer | Sep 19, 2012 4:26:24 PM

13. this is too cute !!!! love it !!!!

Posted by: xael | Sep 19, 2012 5:27:57 PM

14. You're a Republican why pretend you're pro marriage equality when your GOP is so anti-Gay?

Posted by: Jon | Sep 19, 2012 5:40:49 PM

15. @ SORCERER -- no one said YOU had to marry him, Sorcerer! Jeez can't you just be happy for someone?

Posted by: Strepsi | Sep 19, 2012 5:55:15 PM

16. Congrats guys!

Posted by: PDA | Sep 19, 2012 7:35:34 PM

17. thought he was with darren criss at first, LOL

Posted by: luke | Sep 19, 2012 9:06:55 PM

18. Sorcerer, from what I've seen of Jesse Tyler Ferguson on "Modern Family" and interviews on talk shows, he seems to really enjoy his life and wants other people to enjoy their lives, too.

Posted by: Robert K. | Sep 19, 2012 9:13:23 PM

19. his IMdb page is lame. who is this gold digger? No one is happy with a ginger, so fake. no offense hot gingers, I'll struggle against the fire fields to get to the sweet nectar

Posted by: NHbrooklyn | Sep 19, 2012 9:40:52 PM

20. BTW Jon the republicans are a lot different than they used to be. a lot of people still relate to republican but don't know where their party stands. They used to be fiscally republican but now they're in a party that's really who knows pseudo christian fundamentalist?
    they don't want to be demorcrat so they are stuck. we need more political parties

Posted by: NHbrooklyn | Sep 19, 2012 9:47:41 PM

21. Sourcerer, you're right, and these stereotypes are so hopeless, generic, unimaginative. Where are the men with vigorous collections of, oh I don't know, Western saddles, African art, medieval Japanese swords, Moche pottery...anything that shows some depths of interest beyond the stereotypes. I love seeing their happiness though and they are presenting a good cause in a mostly appealing and engaging way. Not bad by any means.

Posted by: UFFDA | Sep 19, 2012 11:39:44 PM

22. whos the top?

Posted by: stevenelliot | Sep 20, 2012 12:00:55 AM

23. Screw the haters, I'm with everyone saying congrats! I love LOVE love JTF and am happy for him :^) And I totally laughed when he said "concubine" and make that face hehehe... also, my hubby can rock a bow tie like nobody so i'll have to bring this to his attention.

Posted by: leprechaunvict | Sep 21, 2012 6:42:09 AM

24. recognition for this first-rate review. I knew some of these but of course not all of them.

Posted by: mohr-krg | Jan 19, 2013 3:29:10 AM