2012 Election | Democratic National Convention | Democratic Party | Mitt Romney | Ted Kennedy

DNC Tribute to Ted Kennedy Hits Romney with His Own Words: VIDEO

Romney_kennedy

A DNC video tribute to the late Senator Ted Kennedy broadcast on Tuesday night showcased Kennedy's broad range of progressive positions (including his support for LGBT rights) and carried as its centerpiece a debate in which Kennedy destroyed Romney during his unsuccessful run for Senate in 1994.

Said Kennedy in the debate: "I am pro-choice. Mitt Romney is multiple choice."

Watch the video and its searing jab at Romney, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Loved this video and thought it was brilliant, but it really did make me miss my former Senator.

Posted by: BosGuy | Sep 4, 2012 8:48:48 PM

2. last week clint lost a debate with a chair

this week mitt lost a debate with a dead man

or worded a different way

20 years later and Teddy is still kicking mitts @ss from the grave

:-)

Posted by: say what | Sep 4, 2012 9:27:57 PM

3. Ted Kennedy was a giant. One of the greatest Senators in the history of our Republic. He had some major flaws to be sure. On balance he achieved far more good than bad. As an Irish American, I am so proud that he came out of our rich cultural heritage.

Posted by: andrew | Sep 4, 2012 10:23:14 PM

4. A great leader. He achieved so many good things for us. He is greatly missed.....

Posted by: Icebloo | Sep 4, 2012 11:33:39 PM

5. That was well done. The Lion of the Senate is missed, he had a magical touch for getting both sides to work together, we need more of that in Congress.

Posted by: jsb | Sep 4, 2012 11:46:29 PM

6. The debate portion needs to be made into an ad NOW! I mean, how bad do you have to suck, that you are trounced by a guy who's DEAD.

Posted by: BrandonJD | Sep 4, 2012 11:56:17 PM

7. That debate footage- Rpmney was just as evasive back in 1994 as he is now.

Posted by: homer | Sep 5, 2012 12:43:30 AM

8. What a sleaze bag. And a master "flip-flopper," to use a term his cohorts coined for Kerry.

"I was for rational health care (bid for MA Senator) before I was against it" (Tea Party bid for US President).

"I was for a woman's right to choose (bit for MA Senator) before I was against it" (Tea Party bid for US Presidency).

Pretty much any view - he was for it as a MA governor/senator candidate, then against it as a 2012 presidential candidate. And willing to flat out lie to make his point. What a sleazebag.

It goes on and on. Will his starry-eyed Tea Party supporters ever question him on his former (pre-presidential bid) stances? I thought not. I'm looking forward to the debates. Obama - this is your big chance. PLEASE don't pull any punches!

Posted by: KC | Sep 5, 2012 1:39:46 AM

9. Ted Kennedy was the kind of politician this country needed, but unfortunately very few can walk in his footsteps.

Posted by: Jack M | Sep 5, 2012 7:52:54 AM

10. Wow. A beautiful tribute.

Posted by: Jakeinlove | Sep 5, 2012 1:42:45 PM