2012 Election | Colorado | Education | Mitt Romney | News

BigGayDeal.com

Mitt Romney Does Not Need Your Advice On Education, Teacher: VIDEO

CherylCO

Last May, during one of GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney's swings through Colorado, a teacher named Cheryl was invited to participate in a round table discussion on a variety of topics, including education.

It did not go well, as Cheryl explains:

When he sat down, one of the first questions he asked was, he said "I understand there is a teacher here today, which one of you is a teacher?"

So, I raised my hand, thinking that's a good thing, he's interested in education, but it wasn't a good thing. I felt like his view was a little old-fashioned and I was surprised by it. He went on to kind of lecture me about schools and how bad they are. He talked bad about the teacher's union. He was talking about the importance of private schools and voucher systems.

At one point, I said to him, "I have an answer for that." And he said, "I didn't ask you a question."

Cheryl also notes in the video AFTER THE JUMP that she feels rich Romney's life experiences have not given him the insight, perspective or perhaps even political interest necessary for relating to small towns and helping solve their problems.

Watch the Team Obama-produced video of Cheryl explaining her encounter with Romney AFTER THE JUMP.

Comments

1. >"He was talking about the importance of private schools and voucher systems."

Translated: more Christian schools and religious indoctrination

Posted by: Steve | Sep 24, 2012 9:11:40 AM

2. And the hits just keep on coming! Same Mitt, different day. When MSNBC gets a hold of this the Mitts gonna hit the fan. :-)

Posted by: Eric | Sep 24, 2012 9:28:09 AM

3. Willard got an A in Gay-Bashing.

Posted by: Hue-Man | Sep 24, 2012 10:12:54 AM

4. GOOD VIDEO...SHE'S SOO RIGHT

Posted by: Disgusted American | Sep 24, 2012 10:15:37 AM

5. Mittsy isn't interested in anything other than the elite stratum of the world he inhabits. I was loath to join others in terming him a Sociopath but that's becoming a more useful description every day.

Unfortunately, there are too many potential voters who share his worldview, even when supporting him is obviously to their disadvantage economically, socially and morally.

I wonder if Lyndon LaRouche lurks somewhere in the background whipsering sweet things in Mittsy's shell like ears, just as the ghost of An Rand croons lullabies to bottom boy Ryan?

Posted by: gregory brown | Sep 24, 2012 10:23:26 AM

6. Sorry for the typos...haven't had enough tea yet to jolt myself into wakefulness.

Posted by: gregory brown | Sep 24, 2012 10:24:09 AM

7. @steve: They want the taxpayer to pay for their kids religious education. That is the main part of the voucher nonsense in Ohio. The charter schools in the city districts do no better than the regular public schools and they take funding from the public schools. The Ohio plan has more money coming from the local district than from the state for a voucher. They want to kill the public school system. Glad Romney is admitting it.

Posted by: Gus | Sep 24, 2012 10:26:58 AM

8. Wow, Mr. Outta Touch can't identify with the "little people", huh, so he smacks down a public school teacher during their round table discussion. OK, boys and girls, you know what to do, send Mittens to sit in the dunce chair until after the November presidential election...then send him straight home to think about what a rich dumbass loser he is.

Posted by: HadenoughBS | Sep 24, 2012 10:51:02 AM