Comments

1. MarkUs says

What a statement. Why don’t MTV and Rolling Stone just say: “Jeez, if we don’t cover these boy bands of the moment, we’ll go bankrupt? Our numbers are bad enough.”

2. Sam says

I don’t get the appeal of their music at all. I can see gay men drooling over these barely legal twinks attempting to cling onto some desperate attempt at youth again, but that’s it.

3. Don says

Okay, lets not be to critical. The central message here is not just live while you are young but also to follow your instincts. Who can argue with this simple basic suggestion to follow ones natural inclinations. Am I just reading this into this video?

4. ernstroehm's ghost says

There’s something sad about this story. It’s about transience: the rosebud blooms briefly and then it dies. :(

Eventually, we get to the point where we look at the rosebud and envision the drooping blossom all ready for the garbage can. Downer.

5. ratbastard says

Yes, because it’s all downhill once you’re no longer ‘young’ and pretty. Might as well just kill yourselves.

*sarcasm off*

I’m actually happy my ‘pretty’ young looks are fading [I’m 35]. I was a very boyish and ‘pretty’ thin teenager and young adult, and was annoyed no end by people who misjudged me because of my looks. Thankfully I’m more muscular and my looks have matured. I’m pleased.

6. ratbastard says

*sarcasm off*

7. Buster says

I know I’m old (which is not a bad thing) because all I think looking at this is how badly they all need proper haircuts. And aren’t boybands supposed to have one or two “bad boy” members who look old enough to actually know what to DO with a girl if they got one? I know they’re older but they all look 14 to me.

8. aron says

I’m 43 and think they’re adorable. Not in a sexy way (I like my men older and hairier) but in a fun, I-remember-being-14-and-having-a-popstar-crush way. My nieces LOVE them too. Pop music has always had a place for this kind of band and why not? At least my niece isn’t crushing on Chris Brown.