Democratic National Convention | Democratic Party | Evangelical Christians | Evangelicals | Gay Marriage | News | Pat Robertson

Pat Robertson Alarmed by Democratic Party's Pursuit of Gays, Godlessness: VIDEO

Robertson

This morning I noted the right-wing brouhaha over the removal of the words "God-given" from the Democratic Party Platform which Pat Robertson made note of as well, Right Wing Watch reports.

Said Robertson on The 700 Club:

Back in the 1850s or 60s there was a charge that one party was the party of rum, Romanism and rebellion. I don’t know what you label the Democrats now but it’s the party of gays, godlessness and whatever else. I mean, same-sex marriage is in the platform, they want to go along with that as a right, I’m just astounded.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

And don't miss Ari's piece today on the changing Democratic Party platform.

Comments

1. Dear Pat:

Matthew 6:5-7

You need to reread those verses. They do apply to you. You are the biggest, most vile hypocrite of all.

For the record, I'll stick with the Democratic Party and those who don't feel obligated to wear their faith(s) on their sleeves but keep it to themselves and instead choose to do good works and make ours a more just and equitable society.

Pat, you and the republicons, in your despicable greed and pettiness, deserve each other.

"Hypocrites fill their heads with doctrines while their hearts are empty."--Author unknown

Posted by: jamal49 | Sep 5, 2012 3:10:28 PM

2. What a hateful,ugly and godless man.
    Do all 'christians' have that bug-eyed(I'm on some serious drugs) look???????
    They always just look like crazed zombies to me and then they open their mouth with such inane stupidity that their sanity really does come into question.

Posted by: SFshawn | Sep 5, 2012 3:25:20 PM

3. What astounds me is that this hateful old fart is still alive. What did he do? Sign a pact with the devil?

Posted by: Leroy Laflamme | Sep 5, 2012 3:29:24 PM

4. What astounds me is that this hateful old fart is still alive. What did he do? Sign a pact with the devil?

Posted by: Leroy Laflamme | Sep 5, 2012 3:29:25 PM

5. Was he alarmed when Sarah Palin paraded around a pregnant unmarried daughter at the Republican convention 4 years ago along with the baby daddy and then lied to us saying her daughter and the boy were going to get married? When the 2012 Republican convention gave prime speaking time to the amphibian Newt Gingrich and his THIRD wife Callista? Oh, yes,...I see. Both situations displayed family values so beautifully, right Pat?

There are times when I'm ashamed to be a Republican.

Posted by: Mary | Sep 5, 2012 3:49:23 PM

6. His head is starting to look like one of the Thunderbirds' Supermarionation puppets.

Posted by: DeeVee | Sep 5, 2012 4:12:08 PM

7. OK "Marion"...I wonder what God told him today?

Posted by: BLAH! | Sep 5, 2012 4:19:43 PM

8. Once people stop reporting the nonsense the man spews, he'll finally fall into the obscurity he deserves.

Posted by: Brian | Sep 5, 2012 4:29:50 PM

9. Romanism? Referring to the Catholic church maybe?

Or, was old Pat confusing it with rum, sodomy and the lash? A fine naval tradition during his youth, lol.

Posted by: i could go on, but I won't | Sep 5, 2012 6:27:10 PM

10. What's alarming is the godlessness of the anti-gay Christians and their anti-gay hate groups.

Posted by: Mike | Sep 5, 2012 9:18:20 PM

11. Just more rantings from a man who believes that the creator, if there be one, of the billion gallaxy universe inspired men to write a collection of books filled with myths, made up bloody history, lies and contradictions that some folks call "The Holy Bible".

Posted by: andrew | Sep 5, 2012 11:11:31 PM

12. That man needs to die, soon, PRONTO!!!!

Posted by: Mike | Sep 5, 2012 11:43:25 PM

13. What do these fundamentalist Christians have in common with most Muslims? There level of intollerence.

Posted by: andrew | Sep 6, 2012 1:50:44 AM

14. Other than the 700 club "My Bible", this is the only place I ever read about Pat Robertson. What gives?

Posted by: andrew | Sep 6, 2012 2:22:55 AM

15. "I hate to say it but when this guy is dead and gone....[A]n era/chapter of bigotry and hate will be gone."

Sorry, Christian, he has far too many acolytes and accomplices -- this era of bigotry is destined to continue long into the future. (*sigh*)

@Andrew: please compare apples to apples: fundmentalist Christians and fundamentalist Muslims.

Posted by: Diogenes Arktos | Sep 6, 2012 7:54:34 AM

16. Pat Robertson is named butt plug of the day http://ow.ly/dFCAX

Posted by: Tim | Sep 12, 2012 7:23:44 PM

17. So Marion Robber's Son is shocked that the Democratic Party rightfully support LGBT rights? This old fart sucker isn't happy unless he can spout his filthy hate and push his deluded beliefs on the rest of society. His loss won't be too great as he is quite an evil old geezer.

Posted by: JVKL | Oct 5, 2012 7:00:40 PM