Bill clinton | Censorship | Gay Marriage | Jimmy Kimmel | News | Television

BigGayDeal.com

This Week in Unnecessary Censorship: VIDEO

Censorship

From last night's Jimmy Kimmel - contains a great Bill Clinton moment...

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Incidentally, Kimmel was interviewed for TV Guide this week, and since I posted a clip earlier this week of a skit he chose to run which mocked gays, I thought I should mention something he said in the interview that presents a flipside to that criticism:

"I try to leave my political opinions out of the show because I don't feel like I know enough to speak as an authority on those subjects and it just upsets people. There are certain issues that I think are important enough to pick a side, like same-sex marriage for instance. I think it's ridiculous that people aren't legally allowed to get married and I don't think it has anything to do with religion."

Check out the unnecessary censorship skit, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Kimmel has a HUGE gay following. He's made mention of it too in previous interviews. We love him because he's great to us, seems like a genuine guy... And I don't know if I'm alone in this, but I find him so attractive.

Posted by: Cortes | Sep 7, 2012 11:01:15 AM

2. He's more likeable than both Lettermen and Leno, but for some reason, the other two are considered far more talented. What am I missing in those two?

Posted by: Yellow T | Sep 7, 2012 11:02:45 AM

3. Kimmel has always been very gay friendly. Lance Bass was a guest right after he came out, and Kimmel said in a funny yet kind of sincere way, "I actually like you better now" (or something very close to that). Plus he did that whole f*cking Ben Affleck bit which was hilarious, a bit brave, and not even remotely mean-spirited. Yeah, the t-shirt was a misstep, but clearly Kimmel has always been very cool with gay people.

Posted by: CJS | Sep 7, 2012 11:51:37 AM

4. I'm sorry but I don't find these "unnecessary censorship" clips funny at all. I'm mostly disgusted by them (and their implications). I cringed at the Bill Clinton edit.

Posted by: OS2Guy | Sep 7, 2012 12:01:47 PM

5. C'mon, Andy! Get off this!! The T-SHIRT was NOT a misstep and it absolutely did NOT mock gays in any way. It mocks bad, embarrassing clothes. I don't know a single gay person that would wear that shirt, even at Pride. The child in that clip has a very thoughtful response to the shirt, which is why he put that in. He doesn't scream "Mom you're making me look gay!" he mentions how he will go to detention for wearing the shirt and how it's inappropriate. Go after the real jerks, Andy. Do we have NO sense of humor about something as simple as this horrid t-shirt? Come on!! Jimmy Kimmel is VERY gay-friendly.

Posted by: AJ | Sep 7, 2012 12:03:14 PM

6. @Os2guy

Get Adsense of humor. His best ones are of kids shows like Sesame Street and Dora the Explorer.

I've liked Kimmel ever since he flashed his briefs on Win Ben Stein's money.

Posted by: Sam | Sep 7, 2012 1:32:33 PM

7. Kimmel was charming & funny on Kathy Griffin this summer.

Posted by: Stephen | Sep 7, 2012 1:40:22 PM

8. AJ calm the f-ck down.

Kimmel is cool with gays and thats why he gets a pass from me for the shirt skit, which if anyone else did, I would not be cool with it. But he's good with us, so its all good

Posted by: Jon | Sep 7, 2012 2:02:27 PM

9. Kimmel: edgy but funny as usual.

Posted by: andrew | Sep 8, 2012 3:45:12 PM