News | Television

BigGayDeal.com

New Gay Scripted Series 'DTLA' On Its Way: VIDEO

Rs1

Back in August 2011 I posted some steamy stills of former Real World cast member Danny Roberts and Noah's Arc's Darryl Stephens. At the time, the gay scripted series created by Larry Kennar, Executive Producer of The L Word, had no distributor.

Now word comes it is headed to LOGO as DTLA (presumably for downtown L.A. where the show is set) and it has a much longer trailer, which follows.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

And if you want to see more of the steamy stills, check 'em out here.

Comments

1. It's headed to LOGO? You mean, that wimipy channel that cuts sexy scenes, censors language, inserts long commercial braeks and superimposes annoying pop-ups over the shows?

There will be no "steam" left of this steamy snow by the time they get through slicing and dicing it.

Posted by: Ken | Oct 1, 2012 8:32:23 AM

2. Why are we always located in LA? How about Iowa or Ohio? LA is so stereotypical. It's for scene queens.

Posted by: jason | Oct 1, 2012 8:57:07 AM

3. @Jason - I guess you never saw Queer As Folk.

Posted by: anon | Oct 1, 2012 9:02:51 AM

4. Or Thirtysomething.
    Or Dawson's Creek.
    Or Happy Endings.
    Or The Office.
    Or Will & Grace.
    Or Grey's Anatomy.
    Or Glee.
    Or Game of Thrones. (LOL)

Jason is a professional troll whose anti-gay comments can be eviscerated with factual evidence every time.

Posted by: endo | Oct 1, 2012 9:25:03 AM

5. L.A. is the location for the vast majority of productions because it's cheap. It's right outside their door, and also, they write what they know. LGBT films in particular are on such a low budget that they can't travel to Iowa or Ohio, unfortunately. It would be nice if more could and did, I agree.

Posted by: Ken | Oct 1, 2012 9:49:16 AM

6. Darryl Stephens is as adorable in person as heis on screen.

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Oct 1, 2012 9:55:21 AM

7. Endo,

I will have you to know that I prefer to be referred to as non-PC. Try it - you might like it.

I can't stand gay guys who follow the gay PC line. These guys lack brains. They simply say things that they think are the right thing to say. Spare me....

Posted by: jason | Oct 1, 2012 9:56:09 AM

8. Riiiiight, Jason. Claiming that AIDS is caused by poppers rather than the HIV virus, your ceaseless misogynistic rants against pro-gay women, constantly bashing anything that features gay characters... you are so "non-PC."

What you really are is non-sense.

Posted by: endo | Oct 1, 2012 10:04:35 AM

9. Sorry, but thumbs down from me. It looks to me like another light-weight melodrama populated with over-buffed boys. Boring.

Posted by: Jacques | Oct 1, 2012 10:06:05 AM

10. Endo,

I don't care about you. Your comments are like water off a duck's back.

I maintain my integrity in a sea of gay PC. I'm not one to back off from a fight. If cornered, I'll resort to a nail file.

What I find appalling about modern gay men is that they are more interested in smoking, drinking and fornicating. If we shut down all the gay bars, the poor dears would rise up in a revolt screaming blue murder. They see their rights in terms of the right to indulge in social anesthetics.

The bar-centric nature of gay men has been their downfall. I'll continue, also, to point out that pro-female political correctness has harmed gay male progress.

Now, if that doesn't grate, go grate Parmesan.

Posted by: jason | Oct 1, 2012 10:20:50 AM

11. Oh geez, the reality TV appearance of an obviously scripted show is a turn off (along with the polluted, echoing audio). I think the only real appealing thing for me is the diversity of the cast and so many cool guest stars.

Posted by: Toto | Oct 1, 2012 10:24:58 AM

12. My bf and I will be watching. We need to support our OUT gay actors. This looks like it will be fun.

Posted by: Brian in Texas | Oct 1, 2012 10:36:52 AM

13. LOL, Jason. You wouldn't know integrity if Lady Gaga delivered it to your front door in an egg-shaped cocoon.

The fact that you think modern gay men solely care about smoking, drinking and fornicating just demonstrates how out of touch with reality you truly are.

You don't have to care what I say. But the fact is that you, along with your alter-ego Rick, are the biggest troll on this website, and everyone here, not just me, knows it. That's so much water down your back, you may just drown (we could all hope).

Posted by: endo | Oct 1, 2012 10:40:42 AM

14. "What I find appalling about modern gay men is that they are more interested in smoking, drinking and fornicating."

Jason...Jason...Jason, wake up. It's 2012 not 1978. You're dreaming of the good ol' days. Our time is over and gone. Don't cry over it, ol' fella'--just continue paying your life insurance.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Oct 1, 2012 10:44:27 AM

15. I will surely give it a try. Never too many gay dramas on tv.
    @Toto, agree, diversity of the cast is very good thing.

Posted by: Matt26 | Oct 1, 2012 12:19:47 PM

16. Thumbs up from me. I agree with Jon, my BF and I will be watching. Looks like it'll be interesting, fun and sexy. Looking forward to it

Posted by: JR | Oct 1, 2012 12:20:30 PM

17. "What I find appalling about modern gay men is that they are more interested in smoking, drinking and fornicating."

You just described all my straight friends. And I have very few gay friends.

Posted by: Craig | Oct 1, 2012 12:21:26 PM

18. For Canadians and the rest of the world that happens to be outside the US, queerty managed to find a trailer that works outside the US, it is here: http://www.queerty.com/watch-steamy-series-dtla-comes-to-logo-20121001/

Posted by: Randal Oulton | Oct 1, 2012 1:39:07 PM

19. Danny is hot but that queen from Noah's Arc is a major turn-off.

Posted by: Mike | Oct 1, 2012 1:44:24 PM

20. I've had such a crush on Danny since that first episode of his season (which was the last season worth watching in my opinion) he is so freaking adorable, those dimples kill me.

@Jason - ignoring the rest of your nonsense, for your original question: As Ken pointed out, so many things are set in LA because that is where the entertainment industry is centered. It is much cheaper to set your show in LA and get to make use of all the real locations there than it is to either pay to house your entire cast and crew out of state or build a ton of fake (and usually fake looking) sets to stand in for another town.

Posted by: test | Oct 1, 2012 6:33:52 PM

21. LOL, Endo!

This looks pretty damn good. Can't wait to see it.

Posted by: Marie | Oct 1, 2012 7:18:23 PM

22. Where's the fat, plain looking one?

Posted by: Em Jay | Oct 1, 2012 9:24:03 PM

23. I do not support Logo.

Posted by: Randy | Oct 2, 2012 1:20:42 AM

24. Pass. The acting skills viewed on this clip are pathetic. I actually felt sympathy for the 'actors'.

Prediction:
    Season 2...Unemployed Mitt Romney joins cast to boost ratings.

Posted by: Stephen | Oct 2, 2012 1:11:15 PM