Comments

1. Caliban says

“‘…as the knife cut off her scream, and her head.’ Charming. Doris Day should do it as her next musical.”

LOL! I’m a big Hitchcock fan so I’ve almost been dreading this, but it looks like it could be great.

2. says

I wonder if the film will touch on Anthony Perkins’ homosexuality? I don’t know if the producers of Psycho did or not, but many of the big wigs in Hollywood’s studios back in that time knew Perkins was gay and insisted he not only hide it, but also would hire women to escort him to film premieres and other Hollywood events to cover it up. Perhaps that could be a reason the man married and had children with his wife despite his continued sexual relationships with men. Perkins eventually died from AIDS-related complications back in 1992.

3. says

4. Zlick says

This looks like so much fun. Oh and HBO is also soon debuting a film about Hitchcock’s making of The Birds, starring Toby Jones in the title role (doing, it seems, more of a direct impersonation-inspired performance than Hopkins). Between the two of them, we should have an Autumn Behind-the-Scenes Fest of perhaps the best (and certainly most creepy) period of Hitch’s fantastic career. I’m so happy!

5. woodroad34 says

@KERGAN
    I got past the look of a made-up Anthony Hopkins once I heard him talk and his body language….but now that you mention Billy Crystal(and you’re aboslutely right), all I can think about is Billy Crystal doing an impersonation of Alfred Hitchcock like he did with Fernando (you look Mahvelous) Lamas or Sammy Davis.

6. Michel Filion says

I am so seeing this!
    I recommend you fans all read the book on Hitchcock by French film director François Truffaut. That Hitchcock had a wicked sense of humour….

7. gr8guyca says

And, if you are watching “Psycho” again, don’t miss Ted Knight aka Ted Baxter from “Mary Tyler Moore Show” as the jailer in the final
    scenes.