2012 Election | Andrew Sullivan | Barack Obama | News

Andrew Sullivan, Off the Ledge, is 'Bloody Elated' Over Debate: VIDEO

Sullivan

Since the last debate, folks have been equally concerned and amused by Andrew Sullivan's hand-wringing over Obama's performance which at times after the first debate reached almost a level of hysteria. Sullivan's back on board now, in fact he's 'bloody elated'.

Hear him call in to MSNBC, AFTER THE JUMP....

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Comments

1. Sully's so excited, he's throwing a bareback orgy!

Posted by: endo | Oct 17, 2012 8:22:41 AM

2. he's annoying, melodramatic, and overly emotional.

Posted by: dattexas | Oct 17, 2012 8:45:04 AM

3. I actually like Andrew Sullivan, I've been reading his blog daily for the last 5 years...I don't know why so many people dislike him. He's kinda funny.

Posted by: Quest | Oct 17, 2012 8:45:53 AM

4. andrew gets emotional because cares deeply about helping re-elect president obama. there is so much at stake for the lgbt community and romney would be a complete disaster. totally agree--andrew is funny as hell. and he's a wonderful person.

Posted by: peter | Oct 17, 2012 8:54:49 AM

5. I didn't have my glasses on and thought it said under his name "Communist" and was briefly very confused at his latest evolution.

Posted by: Stefan | Oct 17, 2012 8:59:20 AM

6. About as repugnant a human being as there ever was. Cringe-worthy.

Posted by: jamal49 | Oct 17, 2012 10:25:51 AM

7. Thank god Sully's okay. I'll sleep better tonight knowing that.

Posted by: Gigi | Oct 17, 2012 10:39:51 AM

8. Oh! Andrew's back on team Obama?! Thank god! What would we ever do without him?! His viewpoint is SO important to me and all my friends. K thanks.

Posted by: Terry | Oct 17, 2012 11:57:48 AM

9. Andrew has made much progress as a human being over the years --- so lets give him credit for that. This is a LONG way from him being anti-Democratic Party pro-W Andrew that he was for the first 4 years of the Bush 2 Administration.

During those years I wrote him a number of times -- and he wrote back often defending his right wing views and attacks - but I was always happy he took the time to read the other point of view and respond. I think that and the obvious corruption of the GOP show that good people can shift course when the conservative party in a country become corrupt -- I am sure if a real conservative party that was not managed for corporate fascism and kept in power by pandering to hate he would support that party ... but until then for now Obama has is vote and voice.

Thank you Andrew.

Posted by: RJP3 | Oct 17, 2012 12:03:43 PM

10. Sully's voice is important to get tradional economic conservative votes to lean toward Obama.

Posted by: RJP3 | Oct 17, 2012 12:05:01 PM

11. Quest --- prior to 5 years ago Andrew was a very different and dislikable person .... he has matured and gained wisdom.... he smeared gays and liberals and democrats daily on his blog in the early 2000's

Posted by: RJP3 | Oct 17, 2012 12:08:17 PM

12. I understand that "bloody elated" is his safe word now.

Posted by: inapoke | Oct 17, 2012 12:15:32 PM

13. That stupid beard means there are no flattering pictures of him anymore. He had to stop masturbating since the last debate he was so depressed, so at least that's back on track. It's almost gotten to the point where his blog is more about his blood pressure than anything else.

Will the debate change the course of the election yet again? While the debate was more interesting this time, both candidates made what I thought were a lot of gaffes. Remember that it's the undecided voters that are up for grabs. Obama's performance may help with turnout, but may have turned off voters who thought he was indifferent to their economic status after four years. Talking again and again about green energy jobs probably will make it seem like he's not particularly concerned about the economy, but more concerned about ideology. Like: please wait in line for the next available govt. approved job; no, you can't have your old job back. While Romney put his foot into it again with Libya, this really isn't a foreign policy election. The questions came from undecided voters and they were largely economic.

Posted by: anon | Oct 17, 2012 12:51:11 PM

14. I always thought he was a bit of a drama queen and far too interested in listening to himself. He assumes we should have as high an opinion of him as he does himself.

Posted by: James Peron | Oct 17, 2012 10:40:09 PM

15. When will this tired old queen sit down?

Posted by: Yawn | Oct 18, 2012 1:43:31 AM