Citing Climate Change And Equality, Bloomberg Backs Obama

I'm
honored to have Mayor Bloomberg's endorsement.  I deeply respect him
for his leadership in business, philanthropy and government, and
appreciate the extraordinary
job he's doing right now, leading New York City through these difficult
days.

While
we may not agree on every issue, Mayor Bloomberg and I agree on the
most important issues of our time – that the key to a strong economy is
investing in the skills
and education of our people, that immigration reform is essential to an
open and dynamic democracy, and that climate change is a threat to our
children's future, and we owe it to them to do something about it.  Just
as importantly, we agree that whether we
are Democrats, Republicans, or independents, there is only one way to
solve these challenges and move forward as a nation – together.

I look
forward to thanking him in person – but for now, he has my continued
commitment that this country will stand by New
York in its time of need. And New Yorkers have my word that we will
recover, we will rebuild, and we will come back stronger.

Comments

1. says

as long as Fox News lies to its millions of bigotty viewers with comments like “If it’s global warming then why is it so COLD?” then more uneducated folks will continue to choose to believe that climate change is a “liberal myth”

which is frankly embarrassing.

climate change. the environment. human equality. affordable healthcare.

what selfish prig would refuse to care about these issues?

2. kpo5 says

They’re always talking about protecting the next generations. When a Dem is President, they all of a sudden care about the national debt and say things like “our children are going to have to pay for this.”

So WHY are they always so myopic with the actual policies they vocalize?

Their views on reproductive rights: let’s not give anyone sex ed (that’s the parents’ job), let’s take away contraceptive coverage (I don’t want to pay for Sandra Fluke’s sex life), let’s force the uneducated, unprotected mother to have the child (for Jesus and all), but let’s WHINE for the next 18 years while we have to pay for this “welfare baby on food stamps.”

Their views on the economy: let’s continue to widen the economic gap by decreasing the taxes the wealthiest pay (via a lower cap gains tax), let’s cut government assistance that helps people get back on their feet (’cause they’re just there because they’re lazy), but let’s WHINE when our crime rates increase and end up costing us more in the long run.

Their views on the environment: let’s eliminate carbon credits (because there’s no proof of climate change), let’s forget about investing in renewables (because Solyndra), but let’s WHINE as global demand for oil increases causing our prices to skyrocket due to our extreme dependency on it.

For a group that pretends to care so much about future generations, the policies they endorse only seem to provide instant gratification.

3. endo says

That’s great and all, but the truth is Obama’s been a bit of a disappointment on climate change. Like gun control, it’s been off his radar the last 4 years, so hopefully he’ll actually do something about it during his second term.

4. ratbastard says

JkFknTwist is correct about Opus Dei; I’ve actually witnessed a summer seminar they did for VERY wealthy Catholic youth [almost all from Spain, Mexico, other Latin American countries] at an exclusive prep school in a Boston suburb. These kids were the creme dela creme of their countries. My understanding is Opus Dei is involved with powerful far right fascist type organizations around the world, but especially in Latin countries and Europe. And they’re picky about who they let into their organization, somewhat similar to Scientologist; they want people who they think will have or eventually have powerful positions and wealth.

5. EchtKultig says

“Like gun control, it’s been off his radar the last 4 years”

You can’t really say climate change hasn’t been on Obama’s radar. We still have an EPA, don’t we? They finally said no to at least one mountaintop mining removal, didn’t they? He has promoted investment in alternative energy, hasn’t he? Under Romney/Ryan with Republican congressional majorities, we wouldn’t even have an EPA after 4 years.

6. BETTY says

Still no Markus…….but you know if Romney moved up a percentage point in “whoville” he’d be all over that in a second! I guess we should enjoy the quiet while it lasts.

7. MATT says

LOL @Tonaka…I wouldn’t be surprised. Leave it to them to not realize that this Op-ed piece would had to have been wriiten before Sandy hit, because you know he really wasn’t busy this past week and had nothing better to do than to put pen to paper! Wait for Trump to make the claim in 3…2…1… ha ha

8. Bill Perdue says

Is this the same racist, anti-worker card carrying member of the .01% Bloomberg who ordered and defends ‘stop and frisk’? ‘MAYOR BLOOMBERG lashed out at one of the chief critics of the city’s stop-and-frisk policy Sunday, calling the New York Civil Liberties Union “dangerously wrong” and “no better than the NRA” for opposing the tactic.” http://articles.nydailynews.com/2012-07-15/news/32687878_1_stop-and-frisk-mayor-bloomberg-arrest-or-summons

Unsurprisingly, yes. it is. Bloomberg’s time as a Republican is almost over, he wants back in the Democrat Party and he wants to run in 2016.

The endorsements by racists Bloomberg and warmongers like Colin Powell point out the real direction of Obama and his administration. They lie incessantly about their wars of aggression. Obama supports FISA and massive internal spying. His DoJ claims they have the right to murder American citizens and already have killed, including the murder of a 16 year old boy from Denver. His administration claims they need the right to have detain US citizens without constitutional protections and he’ll sign NDAA again. Obama voted to extend the Paytriot act.

Obama and the Democrats and Romney and the Republicans are hell bent on gutting the Bill of Rights. They’re half way there.

9. Diogenes Arktos says

@KP05: You’re right on target. The Republicans are devoid of history – both to prior Republican administrations and to the future problems their policies create.

10. Mr.williams lee says

BREAK UP SPELL

White magic break up spells will cast away permanently and completely any competitor who has stolen your lover from yours arms. This ancient technique of spell casting has been used many times with success and can be customized to your situation. If your partner has gone with someone else, then this spell is the first step to bring back home the love of your life.contact him no email dodogodssolution@yahoomail.com

11. Mr.williams lee says

BREAK UP SPELL

12. Mr.williams lee says

BREAK UP SPELL

13. john kelvin says

my testimony/john kelvin

This is definitely a title well deserved!!! I just wanted to let you know that the Increase My
    Income spell has worked already!!! this afternoon my boss called me before I went
    home and told me that he was increasing my salary an additional $200.00 a week!!! I am
    extremely thankful to you!!!! I don’t know how you do it, but it really works and fast! I am
    truly amazed. I received Reiki attunements a few months ago and would love you to do one
    help other people the way you do it for me ok. I also know that I have been blessed with a healing gift that needs to be developed. I would love to set a consultation with you so you can help me work on these things. Let’s see what the other spells bring to me. I will be ordering
    more next week!thanks you can also contact him for help as well email. dodogodssolution@yahoo.com pls/john kelvin