2012 Election | FOX News | Gay Marriage | News | Washington

Fox News' Shepard Smith Says WA Marriage Equality A 'Victory For Civil Rights': VIDEO

Shepsmith

Reporting on the final vote tally in Washington State's ballot measure approving marriage equality, Fox News' Shepard Smith declared the equality win a "victory for civil rights".

Watch the Equality Matters video, found via On Top Mag, AFTER THE JUMP.

Comments

1. Oh, he's personally pro gay-rights.

Posted by: anon | Nov 10, 2012 12:18:45 PM

2. shep keeps dancing on the razor's edge, doesn't he...

Posted by: bandanajack | Nov 10, 2012 12:23:24 PM

3. Well someone's out of a job!

Posted by: Marc C | Nov 10, 2012 12:24:43 PM

4. Based on what I saw at Equality Matters, it boggles my mind that he is still employed by Faux News.

Posted by: Diogenes Arktos | Nov 10, 2012 12:28:31 PM

5. He's going to get fired!

Posted by: lukebrux | Nov 10, 2012 12:33:02 PM

6. I like Shep because his eyes can pull off two different shades of eye shadow.

Posted by: Gary | Nov 10, 2012 12:35:50 PM

7. doesn't he mean "a victory over my network's lies and rhetoric"?

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Nov 10, 2012 12:43:19 PM

8. how does he still have a job at Faux

Posted by: Grover Underwood | Nov 10, 2012 12:53:20 PM

9. Okay, now I can finally accept his offer to buy me dinner and drinks. Call me Shep.

Posted by: Gigi | Nov 10, 2012 4:01:27 PM

10. I really couldn't hear him, because my gaydar was making so much damn noise.

Posted by: Mike in the Tundra | Nov 10, 2012 4:35:02 PM

11. SS is the (previous) AC of Faux News - an open secret.

Posted by: Belthazar | Nov 10, 2012 4:47:55 PM

12. Hope he dont get fired!

Posted by: LI | Nov 10, 2012 6:12:37 PM

13. I absolutely abhor Faux News...but I like this guy. And I will never forget THIS:

Posted by: Guest | Nov 10, 2012 7:45:51 PM

14. Come on, Shep - leave the dark side. Get a job @ MSNBC or CNN

Posted by: jhr459 | Nov 10, 2012 8:40:45 PM

15. Have always been a fan of Shep Smith. He is not afraid of his bosses or their minions. Go SHEP !!

Posted by: Tre | Nov 11, 2012 1:07:38 AM

16. He sounds like a voice of reason in a sea of Fox Wing nuts.

Posted by: andrew | Nov 11, 2012 2:37:35 AM

17. A Fox in Sheep clothing.

Although I abhor those who flip-flop after an obvious and tremendous loss, for the ones working for the likes of Fox "News", I always try to think "Baby steps here". We need to encourage those baby steps, and not act like the other side with snide and condemnation by exodus.

Posted by: Maguita | Nov 11, 2012 8:57:51 AM

18. Some of the women there are pro-gay too.

Posted by: anon | Nov 11, 2012 9:16:25 AM

19. Lil' Canadian, AKA Little Kiwi protesting Faux News 'rhetoric'? Oh, the irony. Lil' K also has righteous indignation over sleazy tactics used by the far right, Republicans, you name it, which is understandable coming from someone who uses the lowest and sleaziest tactics himself. Kind of like communist whining about fascists or vice-versa, when both have A LOT more in common with each other than they'd like to publicly admit.

Posted by: ratbastard | Nov 11, 2012 9:40:39 AM

20. By offering a fair and balanced view, Shepard Smith's role is to ensure that any disillusioned Fox viewers (especially after the Karl Rove on-air debacle) will stay tuned to the news network before they start "snapping out of it" and see Fox for what it really is.

Posted by: Jedi | Nov 11, 2012 10:41:04 AM

21. Shep hasn't been let go becuase he's been there a long, long time and he knows a lot of dirt about FOX noise. It would be fun though to watch the drama between FOX and their viewers if Shep officially came out. For that reason alone I hope he does.

Posted by: Jonathan | Nov 11, 2012 11:09:49 AM

22. @Jonathan: LOL You've given me hope. I thought I had to recant my model about Faux News being a hermetically closed alternate universe. You've just told me that Smith is a mole and not a member of it. Thanks!

Posted by: Diogenes Arktos | Nov 11, 2012 1:10:04 PM

23. hey ratbastard, you should write to fox news about those "blacks" that "killed your dad"

they love to run fabricated stories without fact-checking 'em. the more racist and idiotic the better.

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Nov 11, 2012 1:19:20 PM

24. Can you imagine Faux pulling their collective heads outta their asses and putting the "Good Sheppard" in a equality hour with Megan Kelley? I'd get just as excited as seeing Maddow:)

Posted by: Todd | Nov 11, 2012 11:05:56 PM