Gay Marriage | Jesse Tyler Ferguson | News

Jesse Tyler Ferguson Shows His Anti-Gay Facebook Fans The Door

Ferguson

Jesse Tyler Ferguson says 'buh-bye' to his anti-gay 'fans' in a post on Facebook:

"As an actor I have learned that I have to develop a thick skin but as a HUMAN I am having a harder time. The amount of vitriol I have received in the past few days over my stance on marriage equality could kill an adult horse! The majority of my fans have been amazing & supportive. But I am in shock and ashamed of many of my 'fans' who are standing firm in their stance that I am 'less than' them because of my sexual orientation. To those who feel this way: I gladly show you the door and wish you well on your journey."

Comments

1. seems like a strawhorse. i bet they're not fans as much as just trolls.

Posted by: Steve B | Nov 5, 2012 11:38:18 AM

2. How can they be fans of Jesse Tyler Ferguson and anti-gay at the same time? It doesn't make any sense.

He shouldn't have wished them well. He should have wished them brains.

Posted by: stingo | Nov 5, 2012 11:46:20 AM

3. The door to the sub-basement.

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Nov 5, 2012 11:53:52 AM

4. I'm with Steve B. These aren't fans, they're trolls. These people go everywhere to spread their "horror" and "disgust" about marriage equality, but both common sense and scientific research tells us that if you're THAT interested in gays and gay marriage, particularly if you're a man, then the reality is they want to s*ck a d*ck so bad they can taste it!

Posted by: Caliban | Nov 5, 2012 11:56:54 AM

5. If only Towleroad would get rid of its anti-gay trolls.

Posted by: endo | Nov 5, 2012 12:03:56 PM

6. @ENDO, amen brother.

Posted by: Luke | Nov 5, 2012 12:21:22 PM

7. You'll notice that he put "fan" in quotes. I'm sure he realizes they aren't fans at all, but indeed trolls. As ever, he's very polite in "wishing them well"--with a snark.

Posted by: woodroad34 | Nov 5, 2012 12:27:38 PM

8. Truthfully, this doesn't surprise me. Since the Hate-Fil-A mess showed the true face of hate to our community, I've seen a LOT of my FB friends posting the same sort of thing - 'You think I don't deserve the same rights you have? Fine. FUVM.'

Good.

Posted by: Oz in OK | Nov 5, 2012 12:41:47 PM

9. Mr. Ferguson, you are much, much too kind. I no longer have patience for the bigotry or the hate. I punch their lights out first and ask questions later. That's what it has come to. Beat them senseless.

Posted by: jamal49 | Nov 5, 2012 2:02:00 PM

10. I'm actually not surprised, nor am I convinced they are just trolls. I remember seeing an interview with Chris Colfer where he said he had been at an event where Michele Bachmann was, and she was hoping to meet him. He was like, "So you don't believe I should have rights, but you want to take a picture with me?" Fandom is strange.

Posted by: CC | Nov 5, 2012 2:12:50 PM

11. Saying they're "fans" is like Bachmann saying she loves the "gays" and has so many as friends.

Posted by: todd | Nov 5, 2012 2:32:40 PM

12. @ENDO, we can only hope

Posted by: qjersey201@gmail.com | Nov 5, 2012 2:33:44 PM

13. He's a public figure, and managed to stay pretty damn classy in this situation. I like this guy.

Posted by: virtualdespot | Nov 5, 2012 4:03:51 PM

14. They aren't fans and should be kicked off the fan page.

Posted by: Houndentenor | Nov 5, 2012 4:20:34 PM

15. Ditto VIRTUALDESPOT. Props to JTF!

Posted by: David R. | Nov 5, 2012 5:34:57 PM

16. "nor am I convinced they are just trolls"

It's amazing how some people are able to compartimentalize their brains. It just doesn't sink in that so-and-so is actually gay. If Michele Bachmann really knew the truth about JTF, she would have run away screaming to the nearest Religious Right blog to proclaim the death of Western Civilization for allowing him on TV.

Posted by: Diogenes Arktos | Nov 6, 2012 2:16:43 AM

17. We should all eliminate the haters from our lives. I started getting rid of Facebook Friends who "Liked" Mitt Romney's page a few months ago. I'm still getting rid of them.

Posted by: Bobby | Nov 6, 2012 9:28:02 AM

18. Saying they're "fans" is like Bachmann saying she loves the "gays" and has so many as friends.

Posted by: idateasian | Nov 16, 2012 12:56:13 AM