2012 Election | Barack Obama | Chicago | News

BigGayDeal.com

President Obama Tears Up While Thanking Volunteers: VIDEO

ObamaCrying

President Obama stopped by his Chicago campaign HQ yesterday to thank his supporters for all their hard work and wish them well on their next moves.

"I am absolutely confident that all of you are going to do amazing things in your lives," he told them.

Then, after marveling at the volunteers' enthusiasm for the democratic process and their determination to help their fellow Americans, Obama got misty, saying, "Even before last night's results, I felt that the work I had done in running for office had come full circle."

"Because what you guys have done means that the work I am doing is important. And I'm really proud of that. I'm really proud of you." The volunteers began cheering as the president paused to wipe away tears. "What you guys have accomplished will go in the annals of history."

Watch President Obama get emotional AFTER THE JUMP.

Comments

1. truly an inspiration

a beautiful human being

caring, honest, brilliant

Posted by: t | Nov 8, 2012 9:14:36 PM

2. I don't normally comment on stuff on the internet, but I really wanted to express myself after watching that video.

To me, regardless of what you think of Obama, I think that this demonstrates his core motivations for what he's done. In my opinion, it shows that he comes from a place of wanting to benefit others through his life.

Not to put too political a point on this, but do you honestly think that George W Bush or Romney could've made this speech? For all the partisans, I don't need anybody to agree or comment; you can say whatever you want. I just want that question to be asked in one's heart-of-hearts. (To be fair, for Republicans, maybe Eisenhower or McCain could've said these things...)

People can argue about how effective he is or his approach, but I think it's clear where he comes from.

And because of that, I am so glad that he's my president.

Posted by: Trickymess | Nov 8, 2012 9:27:52 PM

3. That is the measure of the man.

Posted by: andrew | Nov 8, 2012 9:29:21 PM

4. I love him. He is so genuine and real. He believe in his work and that's why we believe in him. So happy we have him for another 4 years.

Posted by: Reality | Nov 8, 2012 9:36:10 PM

5. This man really gets it. And I guess that is why he is demonized and despised. It is so much easier to hate a caricature of the man.

Posted by: Rick | Nov 8, 2012 9:42:10 PM

6. A genuine person. We need MORE of him in positions of power !

Posted by: Icebloo | Nov 8, 2012 9:59:15 PM

7. WE CAN SEE WHY 80% OF THE WORLD WANTED HIM AS PRESIDENT

Posted by: ANDY BERN | Nov 8, 2012 10:01:43 PM

8. Thank God this man saved us from the evil of martian Mitt Romney ! Thank God we had a strong candidate this time. So much was at stake.

Posted by: Icebloo | Nov 8, 2012 10:05:07 PM

9. A great man.

Posted by: phil | Nov 8, 2012 10:19:26 PM

10. Someone asked before if I (or anyone) could picture Mitt Romney giving this speech.

No. I can't. It shows a humility I don't believe Romney is capable of. Never had it and never will. He has a very elevated view of himself and those like him, and I think he sees the world as divided into Kings and serfs, masters and minions. That attitude was on full display in his 47% speech.

Barack Obama is very different from that and he demonstrates it here.

Posted by: Caliban | Nov 8, 2012 10:32:30 PM

11. Interesting. That is the EXACT same video screenshot and cropping I used in my Facebook post three hours ago. What a coincidence.

Posted by: Jason Warner | Nov 8, 2012 10:45:10 PM

12. Not only would Romney never give such a speech but the reality is worse. Reportedly, his first order of business after giving his concession speech was to cut off campaign staff credit cards.

Posted by: RJ | Nov 8, 2012 11:13:05 PM

13. Meantime, the Romneys are back in La Jolla asking one of the staff from the moocher 47% to bring the Lamborghini up from beneath the floor, and feeling nostalgic for those earlier, less ambitious times of simple living off of family stock holdings. (Mind you, that's honorable compared to truly vulnerable people receiving money from the government.) That was also before God changed His mind about black people.

The lost chances! Like, the Federal Marriage Amendment that Romney wanted to see happen! He signed NOM's pledge! Now he won't have any opportunity to carry that out.

Posted by: Joe Tom | Nov 8, 2012 11:24:43 PM

14. Beautiful, and the point about Romney is very important. Obama is often called an empty suit by the right, a TelePrompTer-driven "Chicago-style" politician.

He is the exact opposite.

We're so lucky to have him for four more years.

And as for the people he thinks will do great things with their lives—they already have in helping him get re-elected.

Posted by: Matthew Rettenmund | Nov 8, 2012 11:43:25 PM

15. I love it that he told them that they are going to go on to achieve greater and bigger things.

Posted by: Cadence | Nov 8, 2012 11:45:25 PM

16. Forward, Obama 2012 and BEYOND!!!

Posted by: NY2.0 | Nov 8, 2012 11:49:05 PM

17. A president has never moved me to cry. This one did, and I'm proud of him.

Posted by: Basquewolf | Nov 8, 2012 11:49:52 PM

18. recognition:
    they of him,
    he of them...
    multiplicity
    of Oneness.

Posted by: my2cents | Nov 9, 2012 12:18:22 AM

19. This is a man that cares about the people..
    His interests are not financially driven
    The Republicans their concerns are for their bank accounts..
    What will benefit them and how..

It's unfortunate that so many are so cruel and have such derogatory things to say about a man that quite obviously is concerned about the country..his is concern for the long term not the short gain like the others.!!!

Posted by: Darren | Nov 9, 2012 12:24:40 AM

20. What's not to love about this man?

A warm, caring wonderful human being who will go down in history as the most beloved President since John Kennedy.

We are fortunate, indeed, to him him as our leader for another four years.

Posted by: Schlukitz | Nov 9, 2012 2:51:24 AM

21. Mitt gave a speech like this:
    ROMNEY: When I was a boy ... when I was a boy ... I used to think that becomine rich and becoming famous would make me happy, (hehehe) boy was I right!)

Posted by: simon | Nov 9, 2012 6:53:05 AM

22. when I see stuff like this, and when the president hugs his wife and daughters...he just comes off as REAL, as CARING about all peoples.....it makes me happy..so Glad he got Re-elected!

Posted by: Disgusted American | Nov 9, 2012 8:12:53 AM

23. Seeing that photo just made this old man get teary-eyed...

:-)

Posted by: johnny | Nov 9, 2012 9:04:11 AM

24. we definitely elected the right man.

Posted by: Chad | Nov 9, 2012 9:57:32 AM

25. I'm proud of America and I'm proud of my newly re-elected President and his family. Thank you.

Posted by: James | Nov 9, 2012 10:01:00 AM