Brian Brown | Gay Marriage | News | Proposition 8 | Supreme Court

NOM's Brian Brown is 'Very Happy' That the Supreme Court Took the Prop 8 Case: VIDEO

Brown

NOM's Brian Brown tells FOX News he is looking forward to having the Supreme Court "correct some wrongs that happened" in the 9th Circuit Court by taking the Prop 8 case. Elizabeth Wydra, the chief counsel for the Constitutional Accountability Center, comes on and tells Brown how the Constitution works.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. It's funny how NOM used to tote the fact that "every time the American people voted on same-sex marriage they voted against it" and every judicial opinion allowing same sex marriage was "judicial activism." Now they look at the votes that went the other way as "wrongs" to be "righted" by the courts.

I wonder if they have to work hard at wrapping their minds around all of the contradictions or if it somehow just comes easy to them. I suppose years of being told that God is three entities and at the same time there is only one God makes these kinds of mental gymnastics a piece of cake.

Posted by: Mike | Dec 10, 2012 3:00:04 PM

2. Sooner or later he needs to find another real job.

Posted by: simon | Dec 10, 2012 3:13:55 PM

3. What I meant was he needs to find a real job.

Posted by: simon | Dec 10, 2012 3:16:37 PM

4. Is it just me or has Brian lost his I Am So Right cocky attitude?
    Perhaps because he is so wrong...

Posted by: Oliver | Dec 10, 2012 3:28:01 PM

5. that fat gay bastard doesn't know jack!! they will never admit they are on the wrong side of history!!

Posted by: tommyboy | Dec 10, 2012 3:30:11 PM

6. If you are going to be on tv all the time at least get a decent fitting suit! He always looks like a fat dumpy barber.

Posted by: Oliver | Dec 10, 2012 3:32:54 PM

7. Brown has eight childen.

the chances of him having children that are all heterosexual are less likely than the chance that he'll lose one of them in the next ten years.

depressing. sad. true.

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Dec 10, 2012 3:35:17 PM

8. I guess Brian Brown *could* be a bigger POS, but it would require stapling an actual turd to his forehead.

Posted by: Caliban | Dec 10, 2012 3:43:29 PM

9. @LittleKiwi: If I knew the ages of his children, I could calculate the relevant probabilities using a life table and some assumptions about the percentage of gay-identified persons in the US population. But a rough estimate might be given by supposing that this latter value is 5%--that would mean approximately a 1 in 3 chance that at least one of his children will be gay. A more precise estimate would involve adjustments to account for the increasing trend of younger people to honestly self-report their sexuality (due to decreased homophobia), as well as the theory that gay male children are more likely to be born to older mothers who have already given birth to other male children.

Posted by: atomic | Dec 10, 2012 3:49:17 PM

10. Came here to say something about Brian Brown being an a55 etc. Realize, I lack the energy. Everyone already knows what a bigot he is, so. Meh. This is one of those "Water's still wet" posts.

Posted by: AJ | Dec 10, 2012 3:59:10 PM

11. Keeping my fingers crossed real hard that the Supreme Court rules in our favor. I just can't wait to see bible thumper's heads explode!!

Posted by: Luke | Dec 10, 2012 4:14:37 PM

12. Wait, did she call Brown an "expert"?

An expert at what, bigotry?

Posted by: johnny | Dec 10, 2012 4:15:05 PM

13. Really Atomic? Does it matter?

Posted by: HUH | Dec 10, 2012 4:18:03 PM

14. well the reality is that when it comes to being against gay couples marrying, Brian *is* an expert.

well, as expert one can be about defending and intellectually-indefensible position that holds no weight nor merit.

so...yeah.

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Dec 10, 2012 4:20:24 PM

15. @ATOMIC & LITTLE KIWI: Unfortunately I don't think you can really apply statistics to being Gay..
    Im #3, of 12. 7 of us are now over 21. #8 will be 18 within 2 months, and no one else is L,G,B or T. So I have to call BS. Even in the youngest set of my sibs, I don't suspect any queers..

Id be more then happy to elaborate on my family dynamics to prove my point some other time, but being Gay is far more an inherited genetic characteristic then it is whatever hormones someone thinks the mother creates, etc. My fabulous Gay comes from both sides of my fathers ancestry, and theres a long line of fabulous Gays to back that up.

Posted by: Joey | Dec 10, 2012 4:22:48 PM

16. ...is anyone else sick of seing a bunch of white morons on tv?

Posted by: Michael Graye | Dec 10, 2012 4:32:11 PM

17. "but being Gay is far more an inherited genetic characteristic"

That's interesting, Joey, and I think you're correct. My family is loaded with them...I mean, us.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Dec 10, 2012 4:34:36 PM

18. "...just like Roe vs Wade did not end the abortion debate"

This speaks volumes to this bigot's confidence in his case. How can Brian Brown's family have any respect for him after watching this?

Posted by: G | Dec 10, 2012 4:35:34 PM

19. I'm impressed with Elizabeth Wydra's statements. She was very well prepared.

Posted by: Mike B. | Dec 10, 2012 4:59:25 PM

20. I doubt that if gay marriage is upheld there will be tons of political energy on the right to overturn that the same way they wish to overturn abortion rights. They aren't trying very hard to get back DADT, so if gay marriage rights happen, it will probably disappear as an issue. Will gay married couples still face discrimination. Of course. But the marriage debate will essentially be over.

Posted by: anon | Dec 10, 2012 4:59:29 PM

21. I'm surprised that Faux News didn't shut Wydra up. It's probably so they could give Brown his full time.

@Joey: Yes, you can apply statistics to being gay. Please take a course in probability. You might start with Silver's book.

Posted by: Diogenes Arktos | Dec 10, 2012 6:27:37 PM

22. Quite honestly, I am astounded at their hubris. They really, honestly, and truly believe this is in the bag for them. Wow, just wow. How can someone honestly be so self-assured?

Posted by: Matt | Dec 10, 2012 7:47:01 PM

23. I thought it was Fred Phelps being interviewed. Same difference.

Posted by: grego | Dec 10, 2012 8:26:25 PM

24. I hope he gets metaphorically tarred and feathered by the supreme court.

Posted by: Garst | Dec 10, 2012 10:38:12 PM

25. It sounds to me like Fox News is shifting its tone on this debate. They did not have to quote the exit polls that showed more Americans in support of same sex marriage, but they did so to weaken Brown's argument. Let's see if this continues. I hope so.

Posted by: PeteP | Dec 11, 2012 12:31:18 AM