Gay Marriage | Maine | News

BigGayDeal.com

Crowd Goes Wild Over Maine's First Gay Married Couple: VIDEOS

Mainemarriagecrowd

Steven Bridges and Michael Snell became the first same-sex couple to legally marry in Maine last night, and they were greeted by hundreds of cheering supporters who broke into "All You Need Is Love."

Check out video of their singing, as well as video interviews with freshly married Maine couples and the local ABC affiliate's report from this morning AFTER THE JUMP.

Comments

1. This has made my day. <3

Posted by: Miguel | Dec 29, 2012 11:49:32 AM

2. yay!

Posted by: Reality | Dec 29, 2012 12:20:41 PM

3. No straight marriages were harmed in the making of this video. Scalia, I talking to you.

Posted by: PLAINTOM | Dec 29, 2012 1:21:49 PM

4. Wonderful. Congratulations to all the happy couples.

All you need is love, indeed!

Posted by: jamal49 | Dec 29, 2012 1:24:23 PM

5. Thanks for making me cry!

Posted by: Mike | Dec 29, 2012 8:40:23 PM

6. OMG all that screaming when they came out made me cry LOL. Its like they are the rolling stones at a concert.

Posted by: Jake | Dec 30, 2012 1:02:17 AM

7. OK, Maine- we may not have lobsters or LL Bean, but we know a thing or two about love here in Illinois. Here's hoping we are right behind you.

Posted by: Rob | Dec 30, 2012 12:01:34 PM

8. @PlainTom: Dan Savage played off that fear by noting that some believe when every gay marriage begins a straight one ends. He specifically claimed his marriage was the cause of Sarah Palin's son's divorce.

Posted by: Diogenes Arktos | Dec 30, 2012 4:55:51 PM

9. @ Diognes Arktos...blaming a fellow gay for existing homophobia caused by heterosexuals, all in an attempt to not hold heteros accountable is my definition of delusion meets self loathing.

Posted by: 2 Dads | Dec 30, 2012 9:18:46 PM

10. I am in Lewiston, Maine right now and today I get to see my two best friends finally get married after being together for the last 10 years. I flew in from Madrid, Spain (where I myself got married three and half years ago)especially for this. Today is a special day for us all and my heart is full.

Posted by: Patrício de Sousa | Dec 31, 2012 8:02:12 AM

11. @2 dads: ??? Savage was joking.

@Patrício de Sousa: Congratulations to both you and your friends! Thanks for visiting!

Posted by: Diogenes Arktos | Jan 1, 2013 3:22:53 AM