Donald Trump | Gay Marriage | George Takei | News

BigGayDeal.com

Donald Trump Attended Gay Wedding and Found it 'Beautiful', He Tells George Takei During Lunch Date

Trump_takei

Donald Trump lunched with George Takei yesterday, according to a note on Takei's Facebook page.

Writes the Star Trek legend:

Friends, I had lunch with Donald Trump today at the Trump Tower Grill. It was a lively and engaging hour-long conversation that touched upon his personal position on marriage equality. He confided that he recently attended a same-sex wedding and that he'd found it "beautiful."

I remarked that NY is now a marriage-equality state, and that after all, marriage is better for business! Minds are changing across America, and I am always ready to speak to those ready to listen. I hope that my chat with The Don might have some effect on his stance on the subject.

Good work, Mr. Sulu.

No word on whether this was the lunch that Trump had promised Takei back in May, when Takei said:

“I want to listen to what his concerns are," the gay, married actor said today. "I respect people’s right to their faith…However, we’re talking about civil law as opposed to religious law, and how religious faith or value should be written into a law that effects everyone.”

Explaining why he wants to sit down with Trump, Takei said, "He is an influential person. He effects the thinking of a lot of people…I think he’s an open minded fair minded person and certainly a savvy businessman."

Comments

1. Wonder who picked-up the tab for lunch? No, on second thought, it was probably Tajei.

Posted by: Alex Parrish | Dec 5, 2012 7:59:22 AM

2. Wonder who picked-up the tab for lunch? No, on second thought, it was probably Tajei.

Posted by: Alex Parrish | Dec 5, 2012 7:59:26 AM

3. George Takei
    is a great gay icon. Such a gentleman, even when talking about his experience with America's greatest boor.

Posted by: phil | Dec 5, 2012 8:11:35 AM

4. He's a better man than I. A drink with The Donald might be possible. I'd need a drink to sit across from his, look him in the face and listen to him talk about himself. I doubt I'd be able to keep any food down though.

Posted by: Gigi | Dec 5, 2012 8:25:01 AM

5. Good article! Thank you so much for sharing this post. Your views truly open my mind.

Posted by: Toilettage | Dec 5, 2012 8:28:16 AM

6. i'd like to seem, no, DEMAND to see, specifics on the alleged gay marriage trump attended, and i would have serious concerns about any gay couple who cared to invite him...

Posted by: bandanajack | Dec 5, 2012 9:12:47 AM

7. What a waste, Donald Trump doesn't have views, how naive. He just cares about money, money has built a wall around his "self". If he wasn't a sociopath before he would be after. You can't change his mind because he doesn't use it.

Posted by: Fenrox | Dec 5, 2012 9:14:38 AM

8. I don't think Trump cares one way or another about gays getting married or not. It's all political points for him, just like the whole birther crap he's been working.

Man's got ambitions to be important, maybe even president; he'll do whatever he thinks is needed to achieve his goals.

Posted by: Tanoka | Dec 5, 2012 10:07:04 AM

9. Who really gives a kråp what that publicity whore thinks?

Posted by: Joseph Singer | Dec 5, 2012 10:22:05 AM

10. @Tanoka, I'm not so sure about that. Trump is such an egotist (narcissist personality disorder IMO) that he actually believe his serial marriages are more valid and worthy than that of a gay couple who has been together for 50 years.

So far as Donald Trump is concerned, this is HIS world and we're all just living in it and our function is to continually tell him how fabulous he is.

Posted by: Caliban | Dec 5, 2012 10:44:22 AM

11. George Takei is an awesome spokesman for LGBT rights. His visibility and positive arguments could probably go farther than a lot of other people's in convincing Trump and others like him that marriage equality is not only right but is good business. Thank you, Mr. Sulu !!

Posted by: rroberts | Dec 5, 2012 10:50:15 AM

12. to be fair, Trump's objections to marriage equality are not on the grounds of "tradition" or "religious faith" - he opposes gay marriages for the same reason he pretends that Obama's birth certificate isn't real - because america's scumbag bigots think that and those are the people he's pandering to.

trump flew marla maples to the resort his family was visiting for Christmas so he could boff her behind his wife and family's back. while on family holiday.

then he married her. but divorced her before the 10 year mark, so he didn't have to pay out as much.

then married again.

so he's no stickler for tradition or Christian whatever values.

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Dec 5, 2012 11:07:53 AM

13. The wedding he attended was in NYC. Jordan Roth and Richie Jackson, it was reported on here months ago.

Posted by: Brandon | Dec 5, 2012 11:08:38 AM

14. Aside from Donald Trump, who really gives a f*ck what Donald Trump thinks about ANYTHING?!

Posted by: Walt | Dec 5, 2012 11:45:54 AM

15. If you don't "get" Trump too bad for you. Why can't you admit that the real reason you couldn't talk to him face to face is you'd be too petrified. Donald says what a lot of people think. Let him humor George. It means nothing and we know that. Donald Trump is a character of our times.

Posted by: Gary | Dec 5, 2012 12:34:52 PM

16. I agree with all who've commented in one way or another that Trump's comments on anything (except maybe his own business ventures) are insignificant and not worthy of attention.

Posted by: MichaelJ | Dec 5, 2012 12:36:48 PM

17. What is there to "get" about Donald Trump, Gary? He's a self-promoting blowhard who actually does very little other than let other people use his name because the rubes have bought into the idea that he's "classy." He's a joke.

You're probably right that he isn't going to change his mind but who gives a f*ck? The day I start caring what Donald Trump thinks about ANYTHING is the day I commit myself to a hospital for the terminally delusional.

Posted by: Caliban | Dec 5, 2012 12:44:40 PM

18. Wow, what a wild reaction. Donald represents every straight prick you've ever encountered and that's what burns you. At least he was finally nice to Rosie when she had her heart attack. Trump loves too insult. I'm sure you are well known on the comment front, but can we see your joke of a bank account? Vintage Trump.

Posted by: Gary | Dec 5, 2012 2:59:07 PM

19. Donald Trump is an obnoxious ass in person. I had the misfortune of having to deal with him once, and he was quite full of himself.

And really, all he has going for him is money. And who cares? Money does not make him an important person, just one who can afford a louder sound system on his soap box and more people to follow him around kissing his butt. Blech.

Posted by: AnonyGrl | Dec 5, 2012 3:26:59 PM

20. Do you think that The Chump told George what the detectives he sent to Hawaii to investigate Obama's birth found out? He has said that they discovered important things. Its like the Fatima Secret (Roman Catholics may get this reference), we will probably never know the truth because its pure b*ll s*it!

Posted by: andrew | Dec 5, 2012 7:26:34 PM

21. Choke on your wig Donald---go away!.

Posted by: Manny Espinola | Dec 5, 2012 11:34:40 PM

22. my best friend's sister-in-law makes $84/hr on the laptop. She has been laid off for 9 months but last month her pay check was $14706 just working on the laptop for a few hours. Read more here www.Tips15.US

Posted by: cateblanchettc | Dec 6, 2012 4:03:49 PM

23. For a lot of occasions I’ve recently been searching for dependable as well as distinctive web page and this is definitely the best website exactly where I possibly could discover that. I appreciate the method you write your posts, incredibly skilled.

Posted by: dermatology Austin | Dec 28, 2012 10:05:21 AM