Justin Timberlake | Music | News

Justin Timberlake's New Track 'Suit & Tie': LISTEN

Suittie

After a three-day tease, Justin Timberlake released his first track in years last night, called "Suit & Tie".

Listen, AFTER THE JUMP...

J_timberlakeWrote Timberlake in an open letter on his website:

I hope this gets to you the right way. It's the only way I know to do it. Some people may criticize me for the last 3 days. But it was fun, right?? Right?!?! Besides, I'd rather speak directly to all of you. And, who can knock me for having a little bit of fun with it?

Well... No more teasing. Although, it was A LOT of fun. (Did I mention that I'm having fun with this?? Ha!)

*Makes a serious face*

So, here goes: This year is an exciting one for me. As you probably have heard through the "grapevine," I'm gearing up for a big 2013. Back in June of last year, I quietly started working on what is now, my next journey with that thing I love called MUSIC.

The inspiration for this really came out of the blue and to be honest, I didn't expect anything out of it. I just went into the studio and started playing around with some sounds and songs. It was probably the best time I've had in my career... Just creating with no rules and/or end goal in mind and really enjoying the process. What I came up with is something I couldn't be more excited about! It is full of inspiration that I grew up listening to and some newfound muses that I've discovered along the way.

I'm calling it "The 20/20 Experience," and it's coming out this year. I hope you enjoy listening to it as much as I enjoyed making it. That's all I'm giving you for now... I know, I know! Again, with the teasing!!! Get ready. This is going to be fun (well, at least it is for me).

Listen, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. JT's new song is getting a surprising amount of negative reaction on the social media. People think it sounds old. The other criticism is that his voice is weak.

Posted by: stephen lucas | Jan 14, 2013 7:18:21 AM

2. After all the hype it was obvious that it would be a lot of negative reactions. But after a lot of airplay, people will buy it for sure.

The first time i heard Will.i.am and britney i thought it was probably one of the crapiest songs i've ever heard. Now i sill thing the song is crap, but catchy crap

Posted by: jjose712 | Jan 14, 2013 8:13:42 AM

3. Video has been down for an hour. Gotta love record executives.

Posted by: mike8787 | Jan 14, 2013 8:22:47 AM

4. Stephen Lucas is Towleroad's infamous troll Jason. He's using a different name because Andy banned him a few months ago.

You can't believe anything he says. He's a notorious liar.

Posted by: ripper | Jan 14, 2013 8:44:37 AM

5. ripper: I don't know if he is Jason or not, but he is not lying this time. I am on some music forums and there is a lot of negativity about the song.

Posted by: jjose712 | Jan 14, 2013 9:25:31 AM

6. I don't like this. It is sad that JT can't find himself, it happens to many artists, they simply fade away.

Posted by: Gast | Jan 14, 2013 10:37:16 AM

7. I couldn't stand the first part of the song but I really enjoyed the rest. Kinda reminiscent of the Jackson 5 sound. For the record I really dug "Future Sex/Love Sounds" and "Justified," so guess I'm a fan and might be a little biased.

Posted by: sparks | Jan 14, 2013 10:44:15 AM

8. Want to listen to cool music? checkout Erin McCarley's My Stadium Electrical or Studio Killers - All Men Are Pigs lol

Posted by: G | Jan 14, 2013 10:50:27 AM

9. Don't love it, don't hate it. Sounds kind of like I accidentally stepped into GAP. Music to make middle-aged white people feel cool while they shop for chinos and oxfords.

Posted by: Lars | Jan 14, 2013 10:52:43 AM

10. Horrendous. Timbaland has not updated his sound in over a decade. Gurl, try some real horns instead of that Casio keyboard BS.

Posted by: Scott | Jan 14, 2013 11:00:55 AM

11. I listened here:

ps. anyone who's a fan of hathaway will love it, and I love it :)

ps - those "casio horns" are an aesthetic choice. if Timbaland wanted real horns, he would have real horns.

ps. Jay-z can go away anytime.

ps. the production is incredible. its a move forward. its progressive with a big up to 70s funk and r&b. Just gooood.

Posted by: jim | Jan 14, 2013 11:17:29 AM

12. Hot track, smooth Philly Soul R&B, nice break from the overbearing Dance beats permeating pop playlists. "Grown up" sound suits the song title.

By the way the song is produced by Pharell, not Timbaland.

Posted by: NYC212 | Jan 14, 2013 11:35:27 AM

13. This is harmless. But also forgettable.

And this is produced by Timbaland. He's just ripping off Pharell.

Posted by: BEAHBEAH | Jan 14, 2013 12:28:44 PM

14. Aural Sominex. SexyBack this is not

Posted by: Astro | Jan 14, 2013 1:08:43 PM

15. Sadly underwhelmed.

Posted by: MrRoboto | Jan 14, 2013 2:06:12 PM

16. This is terrible! What's next? a collaboration with the Kardashians LMAO!

Posted by: Jay | Jan 14, 2013 2:22:50 PM

17. Thanks for the link Jim.

Posted by: Steve | Jan 14, 2013 2:42:53 PM

18. "Jay-z can go away anytime."

As a hubby and a wifey are one body or whatever....

The song is so underwhelming.

Posted by: iban4yesu | Jan 14, 2013 5:12:57 PM

19. Why does everything Jay-Z touch turn to crap? Worse rapper ever, I wish Eminem got rid of you back when the rap wars were on. Justin needs to do a song on his own without these 2 commercial hoes.

Posted by: WHY | Jan 15, 2013 1:03:16 AM