News | weather

BigGayDeal.com

The People vs. Winter: VIDEO

Plow

Enjoy, cold Americans. Enjoy.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

And if you're interested in seeing more of the cars and buses slide down the hills in Seattle, you may remember it from Towleroad in 2010. Watch here.

Comments

1. I do NOT miss living in Minnesota, that's for sure! :-)

Posted by: Fruit-for-Peace | Jan 24, 2013 8:46:05 AM

2. I am in MN. -6 this morning. FML. But I cannot live somewhere with horrifying prehistoric-sized bugs.

Posted by: AJ | Jan 24, 2013 8:50:06 AM

3. (((I HATE WINTER)))

Posted by: disgusted american | Jan 24, 2013 8:58:20 AM

4. -16C (-25C w/windchill) this morning.
    Really?
    Cruel and unusual punishment.

...and my fingers stuck to my dog's leash clip when I let him out.

Posted by: Autarchic | Jan 24, 2013 9:04:57 AM

5. -17 this morning. Had to use a hair dryer to thaw out the water line to the washing machine. Still, I have lived in the south and southwest and will NEVER leave the north! As long as you can ski (xc or alpine) winter is great!!!

Posted by: Mark | Jan 24, 2013 9:12:49 AM

6. I like a proper winter. If anything, I am missing snow this year in NYC. Probably because I grew up in the sweltering heat and humidity of Texas. Never again!

Posted by: Omar | Jan 24, 2013 9:59:39 AM

7. I'll take the midwest winters over the southern population!

Posted by: wkrprk | Jan 24, 2013 10:50:33 AM

8. Just got done doing the driveway in Columbus OH, 17 degrees. Called my 84 year old Cuban immigrant neighbor and asked her if she wanted to come over and have some iced tea on the patio with me. I told her I was just trying to be neighborly. I just don't know why but she asked for a rain check.

Posted by: Gus | Jan 24, 2013 10:51:10 AM

9. Shorts and a t-shirt yesterday, rainy today -- what winter? It's like SoCal is getting an early spring.

Posted by: unruly | Jan 24, 2013 11:32:06 AM

10. Bears have it right - hibernate.

Posted by: jakeinlove | Jan 24, 2013 11:43:39 AM

11. Here in Chicago, sunny winter days are awesome; it's the cloudy days that suck. Unless it's snowing, which is also neat to watch.

However, I cannot handle having summer all year long as some states do. Experiencing the four seasons is too amazing.

Posted by: Drew | Jan 24, 2013 11:48:28 AM

12. Solution to winter: move to California. I did. And, if I want snow, that's what ski trips are for.

Posted by: Gr8guyca | Jan 24, 2013 11:55:47 AM

13. NO! Don't move to California! It's terrible here. Boo! Hiss! Earthquakes! (Shhhhhhhh!, GR8GUYCA, don't go telling people to move! Do you really want to drive up housing costs and get MORE cars on the freeways?)

Posted by: Buster | Jan 24, 2013 12:51:06 PM

14. Earlier this week in Thunder Bay, ON it was -36C and -44C w/ the windchill. Love it!

Posted by: Thomas | Jan 24, 2013 1:05:38 PM

15. I love winter! It doesn't get that cold or snowy in Vancouver, sadly :( Deep snow is one of the things I miss about living in Ontario. That, and the fantastic storms in summer.

Posted by: Bravo | Jan 24, 2013 2:42:14 PM

16. meh--yesterday we had a record breaking high of 81 degrees here in the Phoenix area. The day before it was 82. Oh, I should probably mention by April will start hitting triple digit temperatures, and that it hit 117 degrees at least 3 times last summer.

Posted by: Ty Nolan | Jan 24, 2013 3:06:03 PM

17. There's nothing wrong with winter - people just need to adapt to it!

Posted by: reality | Jan 24, 2013 4:08:39 PM

18. january is the worst month of the year but once you get through that it's okay. i did like the weather when i lived in L.A. but the traffic is truly unbearable which is why i left.

Posted by: vita-t | Jan 25, 2013 12:26:37 AM