News | Web Series

BigGayDeal.com

Vincent and Daniel Work Out Their Issues in Couples Therapy: VIDEO

Couplestherapy

Anything about your boyfriend drive you crazy?

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. I saw this a few years ago at NBC shortcuts. My webseries was one of five and this one won, deservedly so. Very funny.

Posted by: JP | Feb 1, 2013 1:57:52 PM

2. Not bad. The "on" character is borderline though - just short of insufferable.

Posted by: WebHybrid | Feb 1, 2013 2:04:03 PM

3. I suppose this really is the way that a lot of urban gay men behave, live and...and flame. And there are lots of heterosexual corolaries. How much more deadening/deadly can they be! So what's behind the white picket fense is not worth knowing.

This was witty though and well put together. Perfect I'm sure for many. But show me the door so that I can sprint, run and speed away into a life of greater meaning, depth, substance and at least something out-of-doors.

Josh and Brent of the Fabulous Beekman Boys are a infinitely more compelling example - true working example - of a gay couple who have truly created a life together filled with work, community, love, and even a product.

And what about Mark Weigle, the lyrical gay singer, songwriter who's words and manner make it very clear that he rejects the gay stereotype. It is such people we should all know, at least for their leadership in authentic lifestyle if nothing else.

Posted by: UFFDA | Feb 1, 2013 2:11:32 PM

4. One does not sprint into a life full of greater meaning, depth, substance and out-of-doors by posting bitchy comments. Just sayin. ;)

Posted by: jexer | Feb 1, 2013 2:24:26 PM

5. Funny, but these kinds of spats aren't exactly limited to the relationships of gay men.

Posted by: Paul R | Feb 1, 2013 2:25:01 PM

6. omg - it's just a funny skit about two guys in a relationship not commentary about the depth of all humanity. UFFDA is trolling or something.

Posted by: David in NYC | Feb 1, 2013 2:36:51 PM

7. @Jexer: Thank you!

Posted by: BenR | Feb 1, 2013 2:37:42 PM

8. OMG I'm so glad I'm single.

Posted by: stranded | Feb 1, 2013 2:53:53 PM

9. UFFDA is always trolling.

Posted by: PFFT | Feb 1, 2013 4:38:55 PM

10. Love that Mike Rose. There's plenty more of his work to be found on the Interwebs, from the classic Planet Unicorn to his Fagney and Gaycey episodes with the equally genius Drew Droege.

Posted by: MrRoboto | Feb 1, 2013 4:39:07 PM

11. That video annoyed the hell outta me.

Posted by: Jay | Feb 1, 2013 4:40:25 PM

12. That's OK JEXTER, you don't have to know what you're talking about. Have you any idea how much fun it is to troll? Or are you too busy conforming?

JAY says it.

Posted by: UFFDA | Feb 1, 2013 4:52:57 PM

13. Uffda, you're the one not making sense.

Posted by: Mick | Feb 1, 2013 5:36:45 PM

14. If these guy's life and dialogue were written up it would be called dreck.

Posted by: UFFDA | Feb 1, 2013 8:38:19 PM

15. Hilarious, clever and fun.
    Andy, thanks for posting great clips like this -- keep 'em coming!

Posted by: Marc | Feb 1, 2013 9:10:56 PM

16. like a missing imaginary out-take from 'best in show' -- excellent stuffs

Posted by: unokhan | Feb 2, 2013 12:58:48 AM

17. Oh God, too many of you live in New York where people think they're actually LIVING! These drips are a perfect example of The Banal Life (of New York) as it is, ad nauseum, presented to the world.

While one could never responsibly dismis New York City as such...and what it means... gay life too liberally smells of the rotten apple in the films and plays which have been produced of late. They show it to be stale. At least Woody Allen added real wit and poignancy to his City sense.

Posted by: UFFDA | Feb 2, 2013 2:40:14 AM

18. I'm with Uffda and Jay on this one. I just wanted to SMACK the both of those guys! I obviously could NOT be a therapist! :-)

BIG kudos for mentioning Mark Weigle!!!! I first heard of him and his music back in 2001-2002 while listening to a community radio station in upstate New York. I also thought it was great to hear that he is a fellow native Minnesotan from a small, rural town.

Anywho, I still like the "therapy" episode of the 'Jeffersons' where they all had those foam swords and just beat the crap outta each other while laughing away their annoyances. :-)

Posted by: Fruit-for-Peace | Feb 2, 2013 8:47:32 AM

19. Hilarious stuff. I want to see more

Posted by: bdbd9 | Feb 2, 2013 11:46:13 AM

20. I am an urban gay male and couldn't even watch the whole thing. I felt as if I was watching two children who hadn't yet matured enough to express their feelings.

Posted by: Alex | Feb 2, 2013 3:27:29 PM

21. UFFDA, nothing--absolutely nothing--in this piece was suggestive of NYC where I've lived for 30 years. It entirely reflected a suburban sensibility--including the building they lived in and their therapist's office.

Having said that--you're such a g*dd*m critic that I bet everybody you know crosses the street when they see you coming.

Posted by: DannyEastVillage | Feb 3, 2013 7:56:55 AM

22. Point taken. But it's not much of one. The neuroticism (as well as the creativity) of New York City lifestyle, gay or otherwise, is universally recognized and recognizable. Call it what you will. You're too close to the forest...and OMG for so long!

Posted by: UFFDA | Feb 3, 2013 11:29:07 AM

23. But if you look up 'dreck' in the dictionary or wikipedia, it gives you the life story of uffda.

Posted by: Edd | Feb 3, 2013 12:38:15 PM