News | The 3 Bits | Web Series

BigGayDeal.com

Gay Friends Negotiate an Orgy in the First Episode of New Web Series 'The 3 Bits'

1_3bits

Earlier this month I posted a teaser for the new gay web series 'The 3 Bits' and now the first episode is online. The series, written and directed by Max Freeman and Margaret Singer, bills itself as a queer show about sex, love, booze, drugs, friendship, family, and amazing acts of stupidity. But mostly sex.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Can't say that I am impressed. The Outs was so much better.

Posted by: Phoenix Justice | Feb 28, 2013 1:22:07 PM

2. Sounds really ignorant and exploitative. LGBT folk need this kind of media like we need a boot in the ass.

Posted by: Stuffed Animal | Feb 28, 2013 1:30:12 PM

3. I guess sex is a natural way to draw in viewers and attract attention. At the same time, it does seem to pidgeonhole gay men as hypersexualized creatures. I often find it interesting when these same hypersexualized shows are sponsored by HIV medication and/or liquor companies.

Posted by: steve | Feb 28, 2013 1:32:01 PM

4. OK wow, that acting is bad.

Posted by: ATLJason | Feb 28, 2013 1:43:21 PM

5. As much as I root for great gay content, I winced while watching this. Pretty much unwatchable.

Posted by: Jim | Feb 28, 2013 1:44:09 PM

6. Is this the same show that Little Kiwi was screeching about before it even aired? lulz. Guess I was right.

Posted by: Robert | Feb 28, 2013 1:47:14 PM

7. On principle, I automatically like anything that Stuffed Animal rants against.

This actually wasn't bad.

Posted by: ripper | Feb 28, 2013 1:53:26 PM

8. Boring, bad writing and acting. I understand there isn't too much money to make it, but it is still pretty awful. Sorry.
    @Robert, yes it is, I wonder if he still loves this.

Posted by: Matt26 | Feb 28, 2013 1:54:31 PM

9. cringe.

Posted by: matty | Feb 28, 2013 1:59:50 PM

10. Stupid.

Posted by: Opinionated | Feb 28, 2013 2:16:14 PM

11. i think it's funny. face it: there's a world of young gay and queer people who don't care what "others" are going to think about an entertainment by, and for, a specific audience.

it's like Shortbus - if you're gonna find it "shocking" and "stereotyped" then it's not for you. so don't tune in.

me like :-)

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Feb 28, 2013 2:28:38 PM

12. Ingrates. I thought it was cute. So there.

Posted by: jamal49 | Feb 28, 2013 2:55:05 PM

13. this may come as a truly earth-shaking shock to some of you, but hip young out and proud gays and queers in brooklyn enjoy sex more than they worry about what other people are going to think about them enjoying sex.

there are "gay programs for straight people" and then there are "gay programs for gay people who don't worry about what The Straights think"

this is a webseries. don't worry - your neutered, de-sexualized and inoffensive-to-puritanical-straights preferred type of programming will continue to air on network television.

but seriously, clutching your pearls and saying "this is gonna make gays look like we're all about sex!!" is so 90's.

this is whimsically-tweaked look at what happy and out and empowered gay dudes in Brooklyn are like. sorry we're not chaste enough for you. on second thought, no - i'm not.

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Feb 28, 2013 2:56:29 PM

14. Pretty bad, but I can't say it's too far from reality... Then again, the first time I planned a threesome, it worked pretty well, but the time I planned a bigger group, five people showed up (out of maybe 15 I invited), and they mostly ignored me and played around with each other.

Posted by: AJD | Feb 28, 2013 2:57:55 PM

15. I love gay media... but this isn't great... it's no "the outs."

Posted by: cdubois | Feb 28, 2013 3:04:33 PM

16. This is Brooklyn speaking. I claim no responsibility. Like every county in America, I'm host to quite a few orgies, straight and gay alike, but unlike every county in America I'm also home to many excellent acting coaches.

Posted by: Kings County | Feb 28, 2013 3:22:59 PM

17. @Little Kiwi, I am sure you understand the critisism isn't against the theme of the episode (having an orgy and having sex even though the characters seem naive and embarrased on the subject), but how it is written and acted.

Posted by: Matt26 | Feb 28, 2013 3:23:21 PM

18. whose criticism, Matt26? there are more than a few "omg! this is gonna make us look bad!" ninny-posts.

don't like it? don't watch it. there. i just saved you hours of grief and upset.

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Feb 28, 2013 3:26:00 PM

19. I love Cole!

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Feb 28, 2013 3:39:23 PM

20. shows promise.....lol

Posted by: daeds | Feb 28, 2013 3:45:59 PM

21. I wanted to make a detailed comment, but gotta orgy to get to.

*eye roll*

Yes, I'm lying. Gotta finish up work and my half eaten tuna sandwich. Then I'm going home. And no orgy.

Posted by: ratbastard | Feb 28, 2013 3:49:54 PM

22. Cole!!! That's all.

Posted by: VSo | Feb 28, 2013 4:05:41 PM

23. Simply awful. Not saying it's bad they're making it about sex. What's bad is them using the sex topic to compensate for the horrible acting and writing.

Posted by: Not that Rob | Feb 28, 2013 4:24:53 PM

24. Not a fan of the casual -- and, frankly, diagnostically incorrect -- use of the R word. Why is it still ok to use this word as an epithet?? It only serves to demean people when misused this way. They should apologize.

Posted by: Lars | Feb 28, 2013 4:38:15 PM

25. I love how Kiwi thinks anyone recoiling from this is so 90s when actually the whole damn thing reeks of the 80s when gay orgies (and loads of AIDS and other STDs) were pretty much happening everywhere, not just NY.

Sorry, Kiwi, you don't remember THAT because you weren't born yet. :-)

Yup, this is what we gays really need when we're trying so hard to get marriage equality which will dispel the notion that we're only about sex, sex, sex. Yup, this is perfect. I don't see this as "empowered and free-spirited", I see this as idiotic and counter-productive.

Seriously, I like sex as much as the next guy, but monogamous gay relationships are what need promotion right now, boring or not. Celebrate free love (a very 60s notion) and the orgy thing AFTER we get our civil rights.

Timing is everything.