Evangelical Christians | Gay Marriage | News

Satan is Behind Gay Marriage, Author Argues: VIDEO

West

Author Christopher West, who speaks only in mysterious whispers, explains to Christian Broadcasting Network that the reason why same-sex marriage exists is because Satan is trying to use it to destroy hetero lovemaking (men's and women's bodies coming together) and block humanity from Jesus.

"This story is only revealed in the glory and beauty and mystery of the sexual difference. That's where we see the call to holy, life-giving communion. What we're losing, what we're risking, is when we don't live the sexual difference rightly that calls men and women to communion, what is ultimately at stake is we're not going to see the call to holy communion with Christ....Perhaps there is an enemy at work here. Put it this way. If the union of man and woman really is the revelation of Christ's love for the Church, then it would make sense that an enemy would want to attack the union of man and woman precisely to prevent us from entering the union of Christ and the Church."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. West is an author/motivational speaker, whose whole gig is making John Paul II's series of lectures on "The Theology of the Body" accessible to a wider audience of "regular" people. So this is all very Catholic.
    I'm surprised they had him on CBN, which isn't fond of Catholics at all. Notice how they intro him as a "Christian" and how he doesn't mention that he's Catholic and that the content all comes straight from a pope. He knows his audience and so does CBN, hence the hush hush on the Catholicism.

Posted by: matt | Feb 22, 2013 2:52:15 PM

2. Whoa, this guy preaches his belief that Satan is greater than Jesus.

Posted by: parkrunner | Feb 22, 2013 3:13:59 PM

3. Have never, don't now, will never believe in Satan. Pure ooga-booga. Good without God, too - at least I try.

Posted by: Geoff | Feb 22, 2013 3:16:30 PM

4. Uh, yeah, Christopher, right.

Now, sit down and shut up.

Posted by: jamal49 | Feb 22, 2013 3:16:49 PM

5. CBN - thats Pat Robertson who said of the terrible earthquate in Haiti - "they deserved it"

Welcum to right wing xtianity where the rectum is misplaced and empties into the brain cavity.

Posted by: billy Wingartenson | Feb 22, 2013 4:27:26 PM

6. I clicked on this because of the "mysterious whispers" reference. Like your average link on Yahoo! "News", it was quite misleading.

I think the guy is full of crap, but you do a disservice by making stuff up. He was soft spoken, not speaking in "mysterious whispers". There were plenty of adjectives that you could have used to describe him or what he had to say.

Not that I at all agree with what he said, but I would rather listen to someone preach in that tone, than listen to shouters like Rush Limbaugh or preacher Earnest Angley.

Posted by: John | Feb 22, 2013 4:33:46 PM

7. Christ represents the Übermensch; he who overcomes himself. What this means is that a Christian - in the true sense rather than in name only - is ABLE to fulfill Christ's precepts. Such a Christian attains this by being master of himself. Hence the concept of sin; sin is everything that is unnecessary. Bodily appetites which hinder self-mastery must be constantly denied.

The libertarian homosexual can therefore never be a Christian. The homosexual identifies with his physical desires; he even glorifies his human weakness, corruption and disease. The Christian seeks to transcend humanity and reach a higher state of being.

Christianity requires moral absolutes and therefore sin, sin for the utopian liberal
    is chastity, strength, truth and beauty.

Posted by: Vitaly | Feb 22, 2013 6:21:19 PM

8. and how can I french kiss this brainless brain trust for explaining why I am gay......I actually think this is the dumbest theory I have heard........these folks dig their own hole with their assinine theories..........

Posted by: Bernie | Feb 22, 2013 6:23:37 PM

9. These type of Christians only view gay people in sexual terms. I tried to explain to a woman I work with that being gay is so much more than a sex act. It is who I am. My being. 360 degrees. She did not believe me.

Posted by: Eddie | Feb 22, 2013 8:48:14 PM

10. I stopped trying to explain myself to straight people a long time ago, Eddie. There are gay people, always have been, always will be. Get over it.

Don't elevate them by trying to, or feeling you need to, justify yourself to them.

Posted by: Caliban | Feb 22, 2013 9:33:43 PM

11. Well, I would say there are plenty of gay guys who could argue that two men fit together quite well! lol

Posted by: Gayel | Feb 22, 2013 9:34:45 PM

12. I believe the republican'ts and the liberty forum invented gay marriage as a wedge issue...oh right, that would be satan wouldn't it? I guess one cannot be Gay and Christ-like.

Posted by: billmiller | Feb 23, 2013 3:06:56 AM

13. That's the most... insane argument ever

Posted by: Richard | Feb 23, 2013 3:38:29 AM

14. Christians are good for laughs. That's it. They are comedy gold.

Posted by: Lelo | Feb 23, 2013 7:18:56 AM

15. Religious people are so creepy.

Posted by: Mikey | Feb 23, 2013 7:19:26 AM

16. This is what happens to your brain on organized religion.
    No joke. Keep believing that fairy dust.

Posted by: Kyle | Feb 23, 2013 7:20:09 AM

17. Oh silly silly Christians. You all are the ones that neehealing believing in your jumbo jumbo fairy tale stories about magical beings.

Posted by: Martin | Feb 23, 2013 10:42:24 AM

18. This creep is definitely hitting the gay bars & trying to work out one helluva nasty hangover.

Posted by: Pietro | Feb 23, 2013 11:57:06 AM

19. There are so many ways I could debate this man's theses & themes, but here's one, built on the very imagery and concepts of orthodox Christianity: If, as Mr. West posits, the male/female physical union is the sole illustration ("story" as he says) of union with Christ, why is the whole church-- male and female-- considered "the bride of Christ"? That very "story"/"picture" is of a union. A marriage. A union of Jesus-- who is a male-- with all members of the church-- some of whom are male. That story is a "union" -- the most intimate-- of male and male, illustrating physical union and emotional intimacy between the male Jesus and male Christians. To me, this is one of the main Scriptural counterpoints which crumbles Mr. West's theory and message.

Posted by: Kevin | Feb 23, 2013 2:49:30 PM

20. @GAYEL Double yup!

Yes, Mr. West, sexually speaking, two men fit together very, very well. Try it some time. You'd be surprised. Or, then again, maybe not.

I digress.

Posted by: jamal49 | Feb 23, 2013 2:53:56 PM

21. Too bad Satan wasn't really behind it, but he's too booked up. That won't prevent some marriages from being a living hell.

Posted by: GB | Feb 23, 2013 9:31:58 PM

22. Religion: the thing that tells you there's a really loving God that will kill you in horrific manners...brutally and senselessly torture you...if you don't worship his every move. Gotta love that brain washing.

Posted by: Miles | Feb 23, 2013 9:50:58 PM

23. So he's also seen South Park?

Posted by: andrew | Feb 24, 2013 10:30:50 AM