CNN | Elizabeth Hasselbeck | News

Elisabeth Hasselbeck to CNN?

HasselbeckThat's what Page Six is saying:

Amid all the buzz over her impending departure from “The View,” Elisabeth Hasselbeck is already being courted by other networks. We hear CNN honcho Jeff Zucker is interested in seeing her join his cable channel. A source told us, “They’re definitely interested.” Although “The View” creator Barbara Walters denied on-air that Hasselback was on her way out, after news reports were leaked saying she’s being axed, Page Six revealed she’s being pushed out of the ABC daytime talk show...

Comments

1. I would watch her on CNN. I don't hate her despite disagreeing with her 99% of the time. I was hoping she wouldn't go to Fox, because Fox is just all terrible, it's like a cult.

Posted by: NE1 | Mar 21, 2013 10:27:14 AM

2. This shrill-voiced, low-Qrated person is being *courted* by other networks??? This makes no sense. Zucker must be changing the meaning of the letters, "CNN".

Posted by: Dastius Krazitauc | Mar 21, 2013 10:27:59 AM

3. How about Faux News, or maybe a reporter for the New York Post or the National Enquirer?

Posted by: Jack M | Mar 21, 2013 10:32:53 AM

4. I guess hiring a Survivor alum is meant to underscore the "News" part of Cable News Network.

Posted by: Lars | Mar 21, 2013 11:02:25 AM

5. This would be another reason not to watch the low rated CNN.

Posted by: Kevin | Mar 21, 2013 11:11:02 AM

6. Candy Crowley will eat her alive. Yum!

Posted by: MARCUS BACHMANN | Mar 21, 2013 11:16:41 AM

7. My problem with her isn't that she's conservative. It's that she's stupid. Sherri Shepherd is stupid too, but at least she's funny sometimes. Neither of them should be on a show that covers news. I can hear stupid people mouthing off about topics they know nothing about for free any time. I live in Texas. I can get that 24/7. But please let me know where Hasslebeck lands so I know what channel to skip.

Posted by: Houndentenor | Mar 21, 2013 11:34:23 AM

8. Houndentenor--Agreed. I think she has opinions that she believes in, but it's through blind faith instead of reasoning. At some point if she was pushed on any issue she would arrive at a point where she'd have to say "well, just because that's what I think."

Posted by: Thomas | Mar 21, 2013 11:45:30 AM

9. Silly question, but why would any network or channel hire her?

Posted by: Matt26 | Mar 21, 2013 11:51:39 AM

10. Well, CNN is trying to become like FOX so maybe there's truth to this.

Posted by: jamal49 | Mar 21, 2013 11:56:45 AM

11. Thomas, I have never thought she believed the things she says. When she auditioned for The View, they were specifically searching for a young conservative, and I think she has just been playing that role to land and keep the job, and now that "conservatism" is her fame. The combination of being intellectually incapable of arguing conservative points, combined with, I suspect, not really feeling them, led to her screeching and repeating talking points like a parrot instead of laying out any cogent positions.

Posted by: Dastius Krazitauc | Mar 21, 2013 12:09:28 PM

12. So we're supposed to believe that CNN is interested in her doing what exactly? All she does on The View is repeat the Reich-wing talking points and phony stats she's fed by her friends at Fox News. She doesn't have an original thought in her head. This is probably a "rumor" cooked up by her PR person so when they finally announce that she is leaving she can pretend it's to pursue "other offers". Yeah, right.

Posted by: e.c. | Mar 21, 2013 12:51:23 PM

13. So being a contestant on Survivor qualifies you to be on CNN ?? That squeaky, vapid mouthpiece wasn't even qualified to be on The View ! JESUS H. CHRIST - I'm glad I no longer have cable TV.

Posted by: Tre | Mar 21, 2013 6:41:53 PM

14. gee just what cnn needs another airhead news reader . dont they have enough of them already?

Posted by: walter | Mar 21, 2013 9:28:18 PM