Ellen DeGeneres | News | Television

BigGayDeal.com

'Ellen' Renewed for Four More Years

The Ellen DeGeneres Show has been renewed through 2017, Deadline reports:

Gaydar_ellen“‘Ellen’ is ‘the crown jewel’ of the NBC Owned Television Stations’ daytime lineup.  In fact, ‘Ellen’ is the top choice for women 25-54 in her time period in seven of our markets, including New York, Los Angeles and Chicago, this season,” said Staab.  “We are proud and thrilled to extend our relationship with Ellen DeGeneres, all the great people working on her show and our friends at Warner Bros.”

“‘Ellen’ is having its best season ever during the tenth anniversary of the show.  It is a testament to Ellen’s brilliance as a talent and our extraordinary production team,” said Hilary Estey McLoughlin, President, Telepictures Productions.  “We are so proud of the show and grateful for all the support and partnership of NBC and all of our stations.  We look forward to collaborating with them to build ‘Ellen’ to even greater success in the years ahead.”

Comments

1. Not surprised.

Posted by: Matt26 | Mar 11, 2013 10:47:55 AM

2. Well,with the exception of a few warped,sociopathic bitter queens on this blog as well many the anti-gay trainwrecks in this country,many people love Ellen so this should be expected.

Posted by: Audi-owner | Mar 11, 2013 11:00:57 AM

3. I can't believe it's been ten years. Proof that happiness keeps you young.

Posted by: Thomas | Mar 11, 2013 11:08:18 AM

4. it's the most entertaining thing on TV each day. :D

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Mar 11, 2013 11:18:25 AM

5. I wonder if she ever dreamed she'd be making this much money. Good for her.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Mar 11, 2013 11:52:21 AM

6. People were attempting to look up and down for Oprah's successor' (just as the looked for Phil Donahue's) and here's Ellen.

And good for her.

Posted by: Chitown Kev | Mar 11, 2013 11:56:46 AM

7. as 'they" looked for Phil Donahue's

Posted by: Chitown Kev | Mar 11, 2013 12:00:10 PM

8. "many people love Ellen so this should be expected."

Men don't....which is one reason virtually none of them watch her show. Her thinly-veiled efforts to objectify men by having them regularly appear scantily-clad and in humiliating poses just underscores her anti-maleness.

When she first came out, I thought she was a different sort of lesbian--her stand-up routines were genuinely funny and not particularly political....but as time has gone on, she has just revealed herself to be another feminist with an agenda, albeit an agenda that is well-concealed.

In any case, I don't see her popularity with some urban women as being, in any way, a positive indicator for acceptance of gay men (who are noticeably absent from her show), as opposed to lesbians.

Lesbians have, of course, never encountered anywhere near the hostility that gay men have, from either men or women.

We will know that things have REALLY changed for us only when an openly gay man can host or co-host a sports talk show like "Mike and Mike" on ESPN and be as popular among straight men as Ellen is among some feminist-oriented women.

"with the exception of a few warped,sociopathic bitter queens on this blog"

Actually, warped, sociopathic, bitter queens are probably the only males in Ellen's audience. LOL.

Posted by: Rick | Mar 11, 2013 12:56:33 PM

9. You can tell that I'm a tough masculine strong manly gay man because I make asinine comments from a place of complete anonymity. I guess my father was right, the best thing I could ever do for the gay community is practice oral sex on the barrel of a shotgun.

Posted by: Rick | Mar 11, 2013 1:02:15 PM

10. By the way, did you guys see the video of me on youtube? I called this effeminate queen on my street a f@ggot and then he followed me with a videocamera, but I totally scared him away with my ultra-masculine demeanor and style of dress.

Posted by: Rick | Mar 11, 2013 1:08:00 PM

11. God, my mom LOVES Ellen. Meanwhile, the only Ellen I watch is the SNL version of her. Both are hilarious.

Posted by: Drew | Mar 11, 2013 1:09:05 PM

12. @Rick go take your meds.

"
    Men don't....which is one reason virtually none of them watch her show. Her thinly-veiled efforts to objectify men by having them regularly appear scantily-clad and in humiliating poses just underscores her anti-maleness"

LOL @ "her anti-maleness". Ellen knows her audience and plays to them perfectly. Her beefcake stunts are satisfy the gay guys and the stay at home moms. Not sure if her lesbian followers dig it tho lol

And she has the same demographic as Oprah. Men arent the majority of that demographic. Never were. Daytime talk shows only cater to women demographic of 18-49.

Posted by: Doc | Mar 11, 2013 1:38:37 PM

13. Too bad it wasn't for only three more years - then she'd be gone with Obama, Need a good gay male host. Watching Anderson you have ride along with his nerves.

Posted by: geb | Mar 11, 2013 7:34:46 PM

14. Geb:

Get lost, troll (who is probably just another alias of Rick).

Posted by: MateoM | Mar 11, 2013 9:10:45 PM