California | Michelle Shocked | News

Michelle Shocked Stages Masked, Gagged Sit-In at Santa Cruz Venue That Canceled Her Show: VIDEO

Sc_shocked

Michelle Shocked showed up to Moe's Alley in Santa Cruz, which canceled her show over her anti-gay rant. She wore a mask over her head, tape over her mouth, and taped several hastily scrawled signs to the wall before sitting down on the cement and strumming her guitar.

Watch a video shot by someone at Shocked's impromptu protest, AFTER THE JUMP...

Silenced_shockedThe Santa Cruz Sentinel reports:

The tape across her mouth said "Silenced By Fear." When asked a question, Shocked shook her head vigorously and strummed her guitar while seated on the ground outside popular music venue Moe's Alley. She pointed to a sign inviting people to pick up a Sharpie marker and write on the white disposable safety suit she was wearing.

Earlier in the day, she had tweeted her plans: "Moe's in S Cruz tonight ok? Its an art project 'My Summer Vacation' I want your autograph. Bring Sharpie."

Moe's Alley owner Bill Welch, who talked with Shocked as she strummed her guitar outside his club, had replaced her with bands Beaver Fever and Frootie Flavors.

Watch a video shot by someone at Shocked's impromptu protest, AFTER THE JUMP...

(image santacruz.com)

BTW, this is what she said about Prop 8:

"When they stop Prop 8 and force priests at gunpoint to marry gays, it will be the downfall of civilization, and Jesus will come back...You can go on Twitter and say, 'Michelle Shocked says God hates fags.'"

Sc2_shocked

Comments

1. Nice...makes so much sense. She's allowed to voice her opinion without any repercussions but the club owner's aren't allowed to do the same. Makes about as much sense as her career.

Posted by: Donald | Mar 29, 2013 10:03:26 AM

2. What a liquored up whore

Posted by: Will | Mar 29, 2013 10:08:33 AM

3. I'm sure that gag was put in place by her overworked (possibly lesbian) PR agent.

Posted by: djsauvage | Mar 29, 2013 10:10:05 AM

4. Once again, the bigots demand to be able to attack gays civil rights and gays lives, but if you disagree with them they are the victims.

So basically in their view a woman pushing away a rapist means that the woman is the bully because she is not tolerant of the rapist's opinion on attacking her.

Posted by: Cam | Mar 29, 2013 10:14:00 AM

5. As we often say but idiots often choose not to hear, you have freedom of speech but not freedom of consequences of that speech. Feel free to hate the homos all you want, but be prepared that is not quite as acceptable as it used to be.

Posted by: Frank | Mar 29, 2013 10:17:12 AM

6. In the story right below this one there are comments by posters named FRANK and GINND. Now, do you two have anything to say Ms Shocked and her race?

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Mar 29, 2013 10:17:36 AM

7. this woman was a nobody before she spewed hate. now? tons of attention... including on this blog... The more attention she gets, the more these ridiculous stunts are justified.

Posted by: jim | Mar 29, 2013 10:18:26 AM

8. She's an alcoholic, mentally ill, closet case bigot.

Posted by: MaryM | Mar 29, 2013 10:24:20 AM

9. Jim, she may be getting attention, but what for? Is anyone buying her records now? All her gigs are cancelled... So what if she's infamous if she isn't getting work or money for it. By all means get attention for being a bigot, Michelle. Keep it up. You were not silenced by fear, you are silenced because or your hatred and possible self-loathing. It's odd that she thinks she can voice her offensive opinions and think that people should respect her for it.

Posted by: Graphicjack | Mar 29, 2013 10:25:40 AM

10. Jim,
    Mar 29, 2013 10:18:26 AM
    The continuing publicity brought on by the constantly evolving cartoon of M Shocked, only reiterates what a confused and tired old sack of poop she is.

Posted by: StevyD | Mar 29, 2013 10:28:32 AM

11. But... but... if gays getting married would cause Jeesuz to come back, wouldn't that be a good thing?

Posted by: GeoffreyPS | Mar 29, 2013 10:30:35 AM

12. YAWWWWN - at first I confess I was saddened by this because I liked her music in the past and made the mistake of equating the music with the artist. Now, she's pushed it too far and is trying to play the victim for having used her stage to spew hate. I'm not having it. I dont' know if she's done or not in the snese of her career being over - but I do know I am done with her & I have discovered that my shredder will shred CD's.

Posted by: Rob | Mar 29, 2013 10:40:55 AM

13. YAWWWWN - at first I confess I was saddened by this because I liked her music in the past and made the mistake of equating the music with the artist. Now, she's pushed it too far and is trying to play the victim for having used her stage to spew hate. I'm not having it. I dont' know if she's done or not in the snese of her career being over - but I do know I am done with her & I have discovered that my shredder will shred CD's.

Posted by: Rob | Mar 29, 2013 10:40:56 AM

14. I'm surprised people didn't throw tomatoes and other vegetables.

Look at Ken Mehlman's history and the hurt his hate caused and then he wound up on the OUT 100. Maybe there is no such thing as bad publicity.

Posted by: Fahd | Mar 29, 2013 10:47:00 AM

15. : that's called lying in the bed you made. we all believe in free speech, but it doesn't look like too many came out to support the bull she was selling.

Posted by: pork | Mar 29, 2013 10:57:58 AM

16. That doesn't make her look any less crazy at all

Where are her family members who should be driving her to a therapist

Posted by: Mozz's | Mar 29, 2013 10:59:38 AM

17. She's silenced by her big fat mouth.

Posted by: CMLion | Mar 29, 2013 11:05:14 AM

18. Now she's going for the martyr effect. Not working, cause nobody cares.

Posted by: Jack M | Mar 29, 2013 11:09:26 AM

19. BIGOTED L O S E R

Posted by: Bosie | Mar 29, 2013 11:22:10 AM

20. I'm trying to think of how I could care less, but cannot.

Posted by: Paul R | Mar 29, 2013 11:25:14 AM

21. Girl's nuttier than a jar of chunky peanut butter.

Posted by: BearlyBob | Mar 29, 2013 11:30:02 AM

22. Silenced by Fear!
    Isn't that what Gays have been
    tolerating from the Catholic Church
    all of these years and are now
    finding their voice! Seems to me
    we can throw her protest right back
    in her face.

Posted by: Jim M | Mar 29, 2013 11:36:04 AM

23. I heard she was going to be touring with the Westboro Baptist Church this summer.

Posted by: Dearcomrade | Mar 29, 2013 11:40:50 AM

24. She is seriously mentally ill and should probably be put away...where she cannot hurt others or herself. Hope she doesn't have guns, too. Geez. A real loon among loons!!

Posted by: Geoff | Mar 29, 2013 11:42:08 AM

25. Time for the rubber room for this has been nut case.

All she has left is professional Victimhood.
    Pathetic.