Gay Marriage | George W. Bush | News

George W. Bush Steps 'Off the Stage' When Asked About Gay Marriage: VIDEO

Rose_bush

Former President George W. Bush continued his media blitz this morning with a visit to Charlie Rose, who asked him about his previous support for a constitutional amendment banning same-sex marriage.

Said Bush: "Well I'm not weighing in on these issues, as you know, because I've made the decision to get off the stage. And so I'm off the stage."

His decision to be "off the stage" does not apply to immigration or terror attacks, both of which he weighs in on in the same segment.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. God! I so hate this dumbass. He is the face of the destruction of America...he and his whole thieving, amoral, tawdry family.

Posted by: woodroad34d | Apr 25, 2013 12:36:32 PM

2. He is such a clueless monster--and to see him and his stupid wife given so much airtime in the media because of that disgusting Bush library opening makes me ill.

Posted by: Jeff | Apr 25, 2013 12:42:03 PM

3. This story is begging for the photo of Bush trying to leave the stage in China and not being able to open the door.

Posted by: Dastius Krazitauc | Apr 25, 2013 12:42:18 PM

4. did they ask him about his homoerotic self-portrait paintings?

Posted by: V-8 | Apr 25, 2013 12:43:41 PM

5. I still remember his second victory pandering gays as the end of civilization. I don't blame moron but those huge numbers who followed him, that was the creepiest part.

Posted by: SayTheTruth | Apr 25, 2013 12:47:46 PM

6. Shameful on many level.

Posted by: Matt26 | Apr 25, 2013 12:48:41 PM

7. thankfully his PR tour will be over by the end of the week and he can go back to being the idle rich and painting pictures of his feet.

Posted by: QJ201 | Apr 25, 2013 12:49:46 PM

8. He's disgusting and shameful! Gawd, I hate him!

Posted by: mikep | Apr 25, 2013 1:03:51 PM

9. "Now that I don't need to demonize gays in order to be reelected, I'll make a statement that says I'm maybe, kinda, sorta rethinking my previous positions, and imply that I'm maybe, kinda, sorta sorry for my party putting so-called 'marriage protection' amendments on 30 state ballots to turn out my base."

Posted by: Clayton | Apr 25, 2013 1:08:16 PM

10. Dastius--perfect!

Can we all agree he exited the stage and entered the dustbin of history over four years ago?

Posted by: Arrant | Apr 25, 2013 1:10:39 PM

11. He fell off the stage and hit his head on every step on the way down.

Posted by: Jack M | Apr 25, 2013 1:15:20 PM

12. Prick.

Posted by: Keppler | Apr 25, 2013 1:17:37 PM

13. It's ironic that the government built a library in the name of a man who never read anything more advanced than "See Spot Run".

Posted by: FuryOfFirestorm | Apr 25, 2013 1:33:16 PM

14. Haha. I agree with Dastius re exiting the stage - a defining moment for sure!
    Dude is so dense that light bends around him!

Posted by: Jeff | Apr 25, 2013 1:33:19 PM

15. Now, now, FuryOfFirestorm, to give the devil his due, he did make it all the way up to "The Pet Goat"! :)

Posted by: Jeff | Apr 25, 2013 1:36:21 PM

16. Even though I'm just down I-35 from Dallas I don't think I'd make it through President Idiot's new library (were I so inclined to visit). I'm certain library security would throw me out for laughing hysterically throughout the facility.

Posted by: HadenoughBS | Apr 25, 2013 1:41:38 PM

17. George W. Bush belongs off the stage all right. He belongs in a war prison cell doing hard labor for his crimes of taking the country to war under false pretenses. Who cares what this jerk thinks?

Posted by: Brad | Apr 25, 2013 2:06:55 PM

18. Yeah I saw this last night... He answered all the questions hurled at him until this one and then gave that lame response.

Posted by: Michael | Apr 25, 2013 2:10:18 PM

19. "I'm not intelligent enough to observe what's happening in the nation regarding same sex marriage, and comment on it in any meaningful non-political way. And I lack the courage to admit my past mistakes on the issue, and the humility to ask forgiveness. My just-born granddaughter could well turn out to be a lesbian, but I'm too short-sighted to realize that she may resent me for the shameful acts of my administration."

Posted by: Dubya | Apr 25, 2013 2:19:49 PM

20. @Clayton
    Agree fully. And let us not forget that a primary role in using anti-gay furor to mobilize that hate wing base was brought about by none other than current gay rights darling Ken Mehlman.

How many lives were destroyed because of this mindset and now it's convenient for him to say that he's 'off the stage'. This disconnect is the major problem with politicians today. There are few actual civil servants, most are this type of smarmy politician that live in a reality vacume where they never face the daily hardships caused by their greed, bigotry, and lust for power.

Posted by: JONES | Apr 25, 2013 2:27:40 PM

21. This would seem like an incredibly poor time for him to be in the public eye given that the Boston bombers blamed their attack on his wars.

Posted by: Paul R | Apr 25, 2013 2:28:37 PM

22. Some enterprising 'reporter' should ask him about his opinion on our so-called war on drugs, about many people sitting in prison right now for doing things he himself admittedly has done. Ditto our current president, Mr. Obama.

Did Mr. Limbaugh ever answer if he still thinks drug addicts should be executed?

Posted by: ratbastard | Apr 25, 2013 2:29:28 PM

23. @Paul R,

Hold on there,partner: he isn't by any stretch solely responsible for Afghanistan and Iraq. They are bipartisan approved wars [sorry, conflicts, police action, whatever they call a 'war' that hasn't been declared a war by congress].

And what about or current 'progressive' president, who FULLY backs GW's 'wars', and has added his own take to them? Our current 'progressive' president who LOVES GW's Patriot Act. When was the last major 'progressive' anti-war demonstration? Where's Cindy Sheehan?

*crickets*

Posted by: ratbastard | Apr 25, 2013 2:35:22 PM

24. Why is the theme song for Lancelot Link, Secret Chimp running through my head?

Posted by: gerry | Apr 25, 2013 2:57:25 PM

25. Why is the theme song for Lancelot Link, Secret Chimp running through my head?

Posted by: gerry | Apr 25, 2013 2:57:25 PM