Music | News | Peter Rauhofer

BigGayDeal.com

DJ Peter Rauhofer Diagnosed with Brain Tumor

DJ, remixer, and producer Peter Rauhofer has a brain tumor, his manager reports on Facebook:

RauhoferDear Friends and Loyal Fans,

As Peter Rauhofer's manager and dear friend for many years, it is my sad duty to announce that Peter was rushed to the emergency room several weeks ago. After confirming that Peter had a seizure, further testing has revealed a large brain tumor, something that has gone undiagnosed for quite some time.

At this time, Peter's family is working closely with a team of talented Neurologists to determine the overall best treatment option. Please be assured that he is getting the absolute finest care possible, twenty-four hours a day.

I know Peter would appreciate your kind consideration and positive energy during this extremely difficult period. We will post any updates and progress reports as they become available.

Feel free to post your condolences as well as check into this page for updates.

Sincerely,
Angelo

Rauhofer was the resident DJ at NYC's Roxy before it closed and has remixed dozens and dozens of pop artists.

We wish Peter all the best in his treatment and recovery.

Comments

1. My heart goes out to Peter and his family. Lawd knows,I love me some Peter Rauhofer. I've been following him in New York City and abroad since the ROXY days. I will keep him in my thoughts and wish him a speedy recovery.

Side Note: For the love of CHRIST,please keep your negative/bitchy comments to yourselves for once! Whether or not you know who he is is irrelevant. Just keep him in your thoughts or say nothing at all!

Posted by: Audi-owner | Apr 17, 2013 7:37:02 PM

2. Oh, for the day you ever take your own suggestion, Audi.

Rauhofer has made many people very happy with his music. May he recover fast and continue to do so.

Posted by: Artem | Apr 17, 2013 7:44:08 PM

3. My heart goes out to Peter, wishing him the best in his fight and a full recovery.

Posted by: Francis #1 | Apr 17, 2013 7:52:12 PM

4. I don't like being told what to do, especially by a guy who drives a foreign car. But I am sure there are a lot of Tina bumps and ecstasy tabs going down at this news.

Posted by: Bollux | Apr 17, 2013 8:09:25 PM

5. Peter's music has always been a source of joy. I wish Pete the best possible outcome. You'll be in my prayers.

Posted by: Jay | Apr 17, 2013 9:03:22 PM

6. I honestly am not familiar with Peter or his work but anyone going through this extremely difficult period can use anyone's dose of positive vibes. Wishing him all the best and keeping him in my thoughts.

Posted by: mickyflip | Apr 17, 2013 9:13:10 PM

7. * Can use a good dose of positive vibes. Sorry, exhaustion can temporarily disable my mental state. And make me dyslexic.

Posted by: mickyflip | Apr 17, 2013 9:14:33 PM

8. I wish Peter the best. His music was the backdrop for many wonderful evenings at the Roxy. What magic moments he helped my friends and I make. Only love, aprpreciation and renewed health for Peter.

Posted by: john | Apr 17, 2013 10:31:22 PM

9. How sad! A DJ has a brain tumor. GAG.

Posted by: James | Apr 17, 2013 11:56:13 PM

10. Lol, James. But really, this is a person despite what he does or what he's done. My deepest sympathies and I hope he can beat this.

Posted by: Jesse | Apr 18, 2013 12:06:29 AM

11. Sad news indeed. Such an awesome DJ/producer/remixer. Many fun times listening to/dancing to his spinning talent. Wish him a speedy recovery.

Posted by: AriesMatt | Apr 18, 2013 12:48:21 AM

12. James, dear, we raised you better than that. If you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all.

Posted by: James' Mother | Apr 18, 2013 12:48:54 AM

13. Peter best wishes and get well soon sir. You're in my thoughts and prayers. Was so looking forward to seeing you at Disney this year. Ps- I love James' Mother!

Posted by: Bryson | Apr 18, 2013 1:39:55 AM

14. Peter - You are a supreme talent. Thank you for sharing it with the world. Good healing energy to you.

Glenn Rivera
    San Diego, CA

Posted by: GRivera | Apr 18, 2013 6:52:28 AM

15. @ Bollux: Yeah I do drive a foreign car. What you gonna do about it. Towleroad is full of losers,I'm amazed how ignorant you sad people can be. Especially you James and Bollux. Artem,you got alot of nerve. But that's what I would expect from a bunch of bitter old losers with chips on their shoulders.

Posted by: Audi-owner | Apr 18, 2013 9:01:40 AM

16. @ Bollux: For the record,my $72,000 Audi Q7 is most likely worth more than anything you'll ever own in your almost expired life. Not exactly sure why you felt it necessary to make a bitchy and childish comment like that. Just gives indication that you are another bitter nobody who's never adjusted well as an "adult" (And I use the term adult loosely here). As for the rest of you,not even worth my time.

Posted by: Audi-owner | Apr 18, 2013 9:08:55 AM

17. i dont understand James's callous comment. Srsly? o_O

Posted by: redball | Apr 18, 2013 12:53:00 PM

18. Praying for your speedy and complete recovery, Peter. You've made some very beautiful music and I, for one, thank you.

Posted by: jamal49 | Apr 18, 2013 1:14:00 PM

19. where is the like button when you need one.
    People (bitter queens) enjoy the rise they get out of people. this is about Peter. Some may not know him. but he is loved over on the east coast and Europe. try to keep it classy ladies. because the Gentlemen are!

Posted by: tilltheworldends | Apr 18, 2013 4:59:38 PM

20. I used to go to ROXY when Peter R was spinning every Sat night!!!
    It was heaven, happiness, positive energy..that made me so strong to live in NY.
    and also Mansion Miami. It was amazing party.
    Thank you Peter R. Your music is always in my heart...

Posted by: hito | Apr 19, 2013 2:17:47 AM

21. Wishing Peter a fast & pain free recovery.

And to the obnoxious faggot queens bickering back & forth on this page - get a f***ing life...for real what is wrong with u. This is about Peter & Peter ONLY...loosers

Posted by: Ryan | Apr 21, 2013 1:53:17 AM

22. Peter get soon quick..as a dj, u have inspired me and given us djs so much music to enjoy and play...u have meant much 2 many more than u think...speedy recovery...

Posted by: Myles | Apr 23, 2013 9:07:33 PM

23. All those fun nights at Roxy will be remembered forever. Me and my partner dancing the night away.
    We are both deeply saddened of the news about Peter.

heaven now has one more Angel....................

Posted by: Adrastos | May 7, 2013 2:40:53 PM