Film | Fitness | Matt Damon | News

Matt Damon Ripped for 'Elysium': PHOTO

Elys_damon

Matt Damon is having a fine physical moment. If you missed the Elysium trailer watch it here.

Entertainment Weekly:

In order to play him, the actor had to beef up. “We wanted him to look a certain way so I had to keep up a workout regimen,” says Damon. This was made even more necessary by the addition of the “hulk-suit,” an technologically advanced exoskeleton that makes Damon’s character stronger and faster. While the rig is meant to enhance Max’s physical capabilities, in real life, it meant Damon had to work out even more. “It’s kind of like wearing one of those old Bo Jackson weight vests,” says Damon. “It’s really insidious trying to carry extra weight even if you’re in shape. You just really need a pretty strong core or you can get injured pretty easily, particularly at my age.”

Certainly didn't hurt his look for the new Liberace film either.

Comments

1. Mmmmmm, loves me some Matt Damon. Can't wait for HBO's Behind the Candelabra!

Posted by: David Hearne | Apr 11, 2013 2:14:04 PM

2. I don't know, I kinda like a slightly doughier Matt Damon. But I'll watch him in anything. He's great.

Posted by: Gregoire | Apr 11, 2013 3:29:37 PM

3. He could be my husband if he wanted to. I would not object.

Posted by: jamal49 | Apr 11, 2013 3:37:20 PM

4. Matt has always maintained a pretty nice body. I particularly appreciated his physique in "The Talented Mr. Ripley"... that speedo! :D

Posted by: sparks | Apr 11, 2013 5:06:05 PM

5. Damon even looked good chubby in "The Informant"

Posted by: jaragon | Apr 11, 2013 5:45:54 PM

6. But he looked so bloated and fat in that episode of "House of Lies". I like this Damon better :)

Posted by: Paul | Apr 11, 2013 7:19:46 PM

7. This is too much of a meth tweaker look for me. He needs to add some weight and muscle mass.

Posted by: Joey | Apr 11, 2013 7:52:37 PM

8. damn!

Posted by: Grover Underwood | Apr 11, 2013 8:20:14 PM

9. Matt Damon + SCHOOL TIES shower room = involuntary ejaculation

Posted by: Bobby | Apr 11, 2013 10:52:22 PM

10. What stood out to me most in the article is where Matt Damon actually said 'at my age' as though; 42 is somehow old. Clearly he has been brainwashed as most people have into believing once you hit 30 you are old. I guess if you plan on living only till about 65 then sure. But the human body, if taken care of, has the capacity to live upward of 125 years in age.

Posted by: Madame X | Apr 12, 2013 3:24:42 AM

11. Who says gay people can't carry a film to blockbuster status?

Posted by: DC Arnold | Apr 12, 2013 8:16:11 AM

12. "We wanted him to look a certain way so I had to keep up a workout regimen."

Translation: We were making another badly written, meaningless, derivative exploding helicopter movie full of sound and fury signifying profit, and understand that abs are the new cleavage.

Oh well. Maybe it'll convert some teenage boys to the homosexual lifestyle and inspire their fundamentalist parents to throw themselves off a megachurch. Every cloud of hot air has its silver lining.

Posted by: Bryan | May 31, 2013 3:20:44 AM