Food and Drink | New York | News

BigGayDeal.com

Today, Patrick Stewart Ate His First Slice of Pizza

Patrick stewart pizzaA momentous, and seemingly impossible, event occurred today in New York City: Patrick Stewart, the 72-year-old actor, ate his first ever slice of pizza.

Stewart tweeted:

My first ever pizza "slice". Please note: the authentic NY fold.

New York Magazine adds:

How is this possible?

We don't know. It is incomprehensible that a man - particularly one who has spent much of his adult life in New York and Los Angeles - could go 72 years without ever consuming a single slice of pizza. Stewart does emphasize the word slice in his tweet, so perhaps he's eaten plenty of whole pizzas. Still, though. You'd really have to go out of your way to pull that off.

Congratulations, Mr. Stewart. And here's to many, many more slices.

Comments

1. If he orders it to his home, he can have his first Pizza Delivery Boy.

Posted by: geb | May 29, 2013 7:38:17 PM

2. Is that Joe's Pizza in the Village? Good choice by Mr Stewart if it is.

Posted by: Eddie | May 29, 2013 7:47:21 PM

3. Los Angeles doesn't have any real pizza. I'm from Chicago. They know pizza.

Posted by: BillyDee4 | May 29, 2013 7:50:08 PM

4. yeah HABS!!!!!

Posted by: CCRT | May 29, 2013 8:35:39 PM

5. I was surprised when I recently discovered he is straight and married to a pretty young lady. I remember him playing gay in some movie when I was a kid, guess i just made an assumption.

Posted by: cdubois | May 29, 2013 8:38:45 PM

6. I've always though he's gay too.

I'm pretty sure that he's had an approximation of pizza before. Cheese on bread isn't a world away.

The people I know in Chicago hate the pizza there. I found it OK. One friend describes it as Chunky soup on crust with 5 pounds of cheese. We all have our preferences!

Posted by: Paul R | May 29, 2013 9:00:14 PM

7. Cancel the Pizza Boy.

Posted by: geb | May 29, 2013 9:39:42 PM

8. Is he a deep dish or a thin crust?

Posted by: Anastasia Beaverhausen | May 29, 2013 9:48:43 PM

9. I'd give my left testicle to have a slice of pizza with him.
    In my humble, torsioned left-testicled opinion, he's still one of the sexiest men around.

Woof, Sir Patrick.

Posted by: Kyle | May 29, 2013 10:57:36 PM

10. BillyDee4, Chicago doesn't have any real pizza. I'm from Europe. They know pizza.

*/end of absurdity/*

Posted by: ST | May 29, 2013 11:46:00 PM

11. Elitism is a funny thing... can keep you away from pizza for years

Posted by: rjp3 | May 30, 2013 7:36:12 AM

12. Big deal! My dad was the "Tomato King" of Chicago's South Water St. Market for 40 years. I often offered him a bite of my Chicago pizza. He would say "if you seen the tomatoes the pizzeria bought to make pizzas,you wouldn't eat them too"! Ironically... when he died,we let the cat out of the bag... he never ate a tomato or any of it's by-products in his life!

Posted by: Jerry Pritikin aka The Bleacher Preacher | May 30, 2013 8:15:51 AM

13. Did he lose a bet? He's not known for having "the common touch".

Posted by: anon | May 30, 2013 9:08:32 AM

14. Bizarre on all counts. Why does Towleroad care?

Posted by: gwyneth cornrow | May 30, 2013 9:25:48 AM

15. Yes, I remember watching that movie as well, it was called 'Jeffrey' I believe :)

Posted by: bobby | May 30, 2013 11:19:44 AM

16. I had a chance to meet and interview Stewart at a press gig for JEFFREY years back. (and belive me, he's even sexier in person than he is onscreen.) When I asked him about the gay rumors, his answer couldn't have been more gracious. (quoting from memory here" "I'm terribly flattered that all those people want to believe I'm like them. That's a very high compliment." Now THAT is class.

Posted by: jomicur | May 30, 2013 11:50:55 AM

17. Jeffrey, that's right! Oh to be a child desperately searching for gay content on cable again! Back when IFC played actual independent films and Bravo played Opera and theater.

Posted by: cdubois | May 30, 2013 1:35:31 PM