Comments

1. Gigi says

Are there more anti-gay crimes or are there more being reported to police? Many years ago I was assaulted for being gay but when I went to report it I was pretty much ignored by the police. A friend of mine was beaten by his ex-boyfriend as well and when he called in to report it the police said that “a guy can’t be abused by another guy.” Is it possible [I’m hoping beyond hope] that there hasn’t been a doubling of anti-gay hate crimes in New York?

2. Mike says

Those numbers seem to be too low for a city of millions. Are they hiding numbers or have a strict policy of what constitutes an anti-gay crime?

3. J Y says

Wait, in prior news stories I have read, it says this guy is a well-known nightlife promoter, and runs a blog. But this one is saying he lives in a homeless shelter? I’m confused.

4. Gigi says

@J Y — You and me both. From his facebook feed: “Still at precinct…. I NEED A FAB BIG PAIR OF D&G or GUCCIS during this healing process… LOL” This guy’s living in a homeless shelter?

5. ratbastard says

That was obviously not your typical gay bashing/hate crime. Without being mean spirited, how much did these two gentlemen drink? Drugs? Lots of ther issues could have transpired that would have resulted in violence between the two men. That said, I hope both men get their lives back together and move on in a positive fashion.

@edwin/elg,

Don’t race bait, Edwin. It’s completely unnecessary. No one said anything that I’ve read on here and the other TR posts on this spike [alleged] in NYC gay bashings about it being all the fault of black people.

6. Jackson says

Since when do men living in homeless shelters go out for evenings of drinks and pizza? This makes no sense. I don’t think this is gay bashing – I think this guy is trying to clamor onto the attention being paid to the actual gay attacks.

7. Derrick from Philly says

Ratbastard,

LOL…are you being serious. You don’t remember the comments on this very news story yesterday? Do remember Rick’s incendiary rant?

Edwin/elg,

yesterday, Andy had to stop the commenting on this story because of all the anti-Black racial slurs being hurled.

No, let’s not go where we went yesterday with this story, but Edwin/elg asked a legitimate question. He shouldn’t be accused of anything considering what went on here yesterday.

8. Francis #1 says

Basically all of these hate crimes are committed by two types of people—former criminals and/or teenage/young adult boys. Dredges of society, young guys who are insecure in their masculinity, no-one sane commits crimes like this, obviously. It’s important we continue living our lives, openly and honestly, and basically put up a middle finger to the haters. Otherwise, they win.

9. jake says

this promoter-victim is formerly of philadelphia… he recently had to leave because he lost his job and allegedly had a serious drug problem. he posted a bizarre rant of facebook and it was a sad end here in philly for a guy who was a staple in the gay community and nightlife. while i have no doubt that he was assaulted and seriously hurt… i think there are other elements (most likely drugs) involved with this and its not as clear cut “gay bashing” or hate crime… i knew him (albeit casually) and i feel sad for everything that has happened to him…

10. ratbastard says

@Derrick from Philly,

Who exactly is ‘Rick’? I swear to you I am upfront on here, I’m not a shill and DO NOT troll or bait. I may have views some others very much disagree with, are maybe even ‘offended’ by, I don’t post anything to deliberately bait or troll. I frankly have no idea who some other frequent posters on here are, like the tiny few who do IMHO bait and troll. And I do know there’s at least one uber sh*t stirrer and troll on here, the guy from Toronto. Not sue about anyone else, but I am 100% positive the man from Toronto perniciously baits, race-wise and other, and trolls, under his own assumed alias/name and MANY others.

11. ratbastard says

Pissed I missed the racist rant. Gotta love the insulated racist opinion of self entitled white gays.

Posted by: Munro | May 22, 2013 12:53:12 PM

=====================

STOP BAITING AND TROLLING ‘Munroe’

12. Derrick from Philly says

Ratbastard,

I thought you had read the thread on this story from yesterday.

The infamous poster, Rick, really went wild in a rant about “…the blacks…the blacks…the blacks”. Coming from him it was almost hilarious. Some fool said we (the country) were in a “race war”
    It got ugly and ridiculous, and Andy put a halt to the discussion.

So I feel that Edwin/elg’s comment was perfectly appropriate.

13. Alito says

@ Gigi

Anti gay hate crimes are sadly on the rise in NYC. I live here and with elected leaders like Ruben Diaz rallying conservative Puerto Ricans and Dominicans and Latino Catholics in his district to discriminate and be prejudice toward LGBT…this is what comes out of that hate propaganda. Diaz has a lot of blood on his hands as well.