Gay Marriage | Gay Wedding | New York | News

Gay Marriage Proposal of the Day: Carl and Drew

Drew

On May 11, Carl Marucci arranged to meet his boyfriend Drew Marsenison at Bethesda Fountain in Central Park. A flash mob helped him pop the question.

Don't miss our other recent Gay Wedding videos...
Gay Marriage Proposal of the Day: Shaun and Michael [tlrd]
Gay Marriage Proposal of the Day: Tim and Bennie [tlrd]
Gay Marriage Proposal of the Day: Mike and Dave [tlrd]
Gay Wedding Video of the Day: Dan and Eric [tlrd]
Gay Wedding Video of the Day: Wesley and Jonathan [tlrd]

Comments

1. Very sweet, but I find myself being torn between emotional and cynical reactions. At the same time I'm tearing up a bit, and truly hope this couple is happy together, part of me is thinking "Oh for god's sake, can't people just do a simple proposal anymore?!"

But I'll keep my crabby-@ss side at bay long enough to say congratulations. ;-)

Posted by: Caliban | May 21, 2013 10:01:17 AM

2. Mr Caliban,
    I'm sure there are lots of folk doing the quiet corner of a bistro, very subdued and private proposals. But I like seeing these public displays. I think it helps "normalize" ss proposals (although I hate using that word normal). It's almost like the old announcing the banns of marriage to the populace.
    Besides, it's also very fabulous!!!

Posted by: RJP | May 21, 2013 10:18:14 AM

3. nice but seriously that guy was so long winded!

Posted by: Chrisme | May 21, 2013 10:21:59 AM

4. My God ..that was longer than most peoples marriages....

Posted by: jerry mazzola | May 21, 2013 10:37:59 AM

5. LOL it was long-winded, but beautiful. What was the song that was playing? That was beautiful too.

Posted by: Jack M | May 21, 2013 10:42:18 AM

6. At the end of the day this is for the couple. We can be as cynical as we want. This should be normalize for society to change. Base on their age, just a few years ago, they would not thought that this is possible for their relationship to be legally recognize within their life time.

Posted by: bambinoitaliano | May 21, 2013 10:51:42 AM

7. Paraphrasing the Black Adder, it's long and cheesy, but it's high quality cheese... We have earned it, so enjoy. *sniff*

Posted by: Richard | May 21, 2013 10:58:20 AM

8. They needed to pass out "Xanax for Gay Marriage Proposals".

Posted by: odsbjorn | May 21, 2013 11:06:38 AM

9. Little long, but beautiful.

Posted by: Matt26 | May 21, 2013 11:24:25 AM

10. My favorite fountain! So pretty!

Posted by: mikep | May 21, 2013 11:31:17 AM

11. Is the guy in the gray shirt crying while they are sitting on the fountain? Like he knows what is coming? It's cute but I went into watching it thinking it was a surprise proposal with flash mob but doesn't seem to be

Posted by: Donald | May 21, 2013 11:42:43 AM

12. Once again I cried. Congratulations!

Posted by: Luke | May 21, 2013 11:43:42 AM

13. that was very sweet! A nice ray of sunshine when all news is so dreary. Best wishes to the couple!

Posted by: Mercedes | May 21, 2013 11:56:54 AM

14. Isn't it a bit odd for a man to put his hand up over his mouth when he is emotional? I don't know of any men who do this, only women.

Posted by: Chase | May 21, 2013 12:06:22 PM

15. I must stop watching these things; they kill me... So sweet. And, I love seeing two big ol' guys gettin' all romantic and weepy...

(He did talk forever, though! )

Posted by: Kile Ozier | May 21, 2013 12:18:55 PM

16. Damned pollen allergies! Always make my eyes tear up when watching these videos.

Posted by: jamal49 | May 21, 2013 12:36:06 PM

17. I LOVE love and those who express it for each other. Congratulations to this sweet and handsome couple.

Posted by: John B. | May 21, 2013 1:30:58 PM

18. Chase, I do that. Lots of people do.

Posted by: The Milkman | May 21, 2013 1:50:13 PM

19. I need to watch these kinds of videos more because it will never happen to me so I must experience it vicariously!

Posted by: Mark | May 21, 2013 2:20:16 PM

20. Carl & Drew, I wish you the very best with continued lobe and happiness!.......Carlos

Posted by: Carlos | May 21, 2013 4:39:00 PM

21. The self hating gays HATE any identifiable gay person or gay couple...

so expect them to completely lose their ish over this

Posted by: Genuine 505 | May 21, 2013 8:31:44 PM

22. This was awesome, and so touching. If you don't want a public proposal like this, then let your partner know. Many of us happen to like it and find the decleration of love to be romantic and let our partner know that. I would be thrilled with a proposal like this.

Posted by: Martex | May 21, 2013 8:32:41 PM

23. This is how you unapologetically be you and not apologize for who you are.

Beautiful

Many wonderful years to this great couple

Posted by: IonMusic | May 21, 2013 8:33:10 PM

24. aww I lived this.

Especially for the love it represents in a climate with so much homophobia.Good luck guys in your marriage!

Posted by: Jerry | May 21, 2013 8:33:45 PM

25. Congrats, guys! I was in NYC on May 11, I wish I could have seen this. So beautiful.

Posted by: Bobby | May 21, 2013 10:09:03 PM