Couples | Diving | Greg Louganis | News | Olympics

BigGayDeal.com

Greg Louganis Engaged to His Partner Johnny Chaillot

Four-time Olympic gold medalist Greg Louganis is getting married to his paralegal partner Johnny Chaillot, he tells People magazine:

Louganis"I finally met my soul mate – the more I fall in love with Johnny, the more I fall in love with myself. This is what the universe had in store for both of us," Louganis, 53, says.

Louganis is widely considered the greatest diver in history. He is the only male to sweep both the 3m and 10m diving events in consecutive Olympic Games ('84 and '88). During his career he earned a total of five Olympic medals, five World Championship titles and 47 national titles.

Louganis also tweeted: "Yes! It is official we are getting married! I love my life and I love Johnny Chaillot ! Namaste, Greg"

Congrats to both of them!

Comments

1. Mazel tov! Gorgeous couple.

Posted by: gwyneth cornrow | Jun 17, 2013 9:43:25 PM

2. Good for them!

Posted by: Bravo | Jun 17, 2013 9:52:59 PM

3. what can you say but congrats guys!!! so glad you found your soul mate.

Posted by: tinhouston | Jun 17, 2013 9:54:40 PM

4. Oh, wow. I know Johnny from New Orleans. Good for them!

Posted by: AriesMatt | Jun 17, 2013 10:08:40 PM

5. May they together share happiness and my best wishes for their new life together. Namaskar.

Posted by: nick | Jun 17, 2013 10:15:02 PM

6. Yes, it's time for him to dive right into marriage. Congratulations sir.

Posted by: UFFDA | Jun 17, 2013 11:29:25 PM

7. Wow! He looks horrible! He used to be so hot. How sad.

Posted by: MissThingsWings | Jun 18, 2013 2:23:56 AM

8. @MissThingsWings

and there it is

Post your pic when you are over 50 and we'll have at you, troll.

Posted by: QJ201 | Jun 18, 2013 6:14:18 AM

9. Congrats and a lifetime of happiness to both. And that's another high school crush off the market.

Posted by: Hank | Jun 18, 2013 8:44:45 AM

10. @MissThingsWings: I know you thrive off of the invective of others, but I just can't help myself. Please share a photo of yourself at 53 so we can all judge your beauty. If you are not yet 53, I'd still like to judge you.

Posted by: Sam | Jun 18, 2013 9:40:56 AM

11. Congratulations and best wishes to Greg and Johnny! Greg was a role model during my own coming out and I appreciate his example very much.

Posted by: Hawthorne | Jun 18, 2013 10:31:33 AM

12. PS to MissThingsWings: It takes zero effort to sling rudeness in a forum in which the subjects can not reply. You're lazy, and ineffectual. And I echo what everyone else has said - post a picture of you at 53 and we'll comment. I'll bet you'll never do that.

Posted by: Hawthorne | Jun 18, 2013 10:33:41 AM

13. Yes, best wishes to them both and they make a very handsome couple. Greg has had a lifetime fight with depression and as he has grown older has learned to deal with it to his advantage. Having the love of your life beside you has to make him very happy. Personally I think the guy is still pretty hot. Some older guys really do it for me and Greg is one of them! Congratulations!

Posted by: Mike Ryan | Jun 18, 2013 10:57:11 AM

14. Louganis is such a kind, decent, and loving man--I'm so happy for him having found this happiness after such a long, winding, and sometimes rocky road.

Posted by: Dback | Jun 18, 2013 11:24:58 AM

15. All the very best to both Johnny and Greg! It's wonderful to see Louganis looking good and obviously happy!

Posted by: RexT | Jun 18, 2013 12:07:27 PM

16. Love is precious.

Congratulations and best wishes to two of the nicest people ever.

Posted by: Will | Jun 18, 2013 12:33:03 PM

17. Congratulations to the happy couple! It seems like only yesterday when Johnny Chaillot was trodding the boards of the old Le Petit Theatre as an Indian in "Annie Get Your Gun" here in New Orleans. So happy for them both!

Posted by: Vatican Lokey | Jun 18, 2013 1:05:13 PM

18. Congratulations Greg and Johnny. I wish you much happiness and many years together. Ignore the haters and enjoy each other and life!

Posted by: John Simpson | Jun 18, 2013 4:39:56 PM

19. Greg has always been my hero. I'm delighted that he's found happiness with his soul mate. A hot soul mate at that. Perfect pair!

Posted by: scotsyank | Jun 18, 2013 7:07:53 PM