Gay Youth

Here's One High School's 'Cutest Couple'

Cutest
High school seniors (and boyfriends) Brad Taylor And Dylan Meehan were awarded the title of "Cutest Couple" and a photo of the happy couple was published in their school's yearbook. A friend excitedly posted the the image on Tumblr along with the following message:

"Two of my best friends won Cutest Couple of our senior class. First time in my school history a same sex couple has even been able to run for this category, not to mention winning it. So proud of them, and my school."

The Huffington Post reached out to the couple who responded with this message:

"This whole thing has been a bit surreal for us because we have been raised to believe that love is love. We never realized that our happiness and openness would inspire so many individuals. The support we have received from our family, friends, and even strangers has led us to believe that our affection for each other is normal ... When we started dating a year [ago], the thought of a photo of us traveling throughout the world would be a bit frightening, but now we are proud to be part of the LGBT community."

Adorable. Congrats, guys!

Comments

1. Nice!

Posted by: Brian in Texas | Jun 2, 2013 5:16:59 PM

2. Thank god they are gay. Imagine the day walker children they would make. (south park)

Posted by: TONEZ | Jun 2, 2013 5:18:42 PM

3. such duality in our world. the fundies planning to protest the HRC and then beautiful news about these two youngsters.

Posted by: Arbogast | Jun 2, 2013 5:18:51 PM

4. Nice, yes...but frankly, I liked the prom date couple in Central Park with balloons better.

Posted by: Twinkoisseur | Jun 2, 2013 5:19:13 PM

5. ADOOOORABLE!

too bloody cute for words.

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Jun 2, 2013 5:20:00 PM

6. This is why we are supported by the younger generation. They aren't brainwashed to hate like their parents and grandparents.

Posted by: Anthony | Jun 2, 2013 5:46:50 PM

7. My comment eaten again:

Well done guys, congratulations.

You embody hope and progress and normalcy and love. Your generation will achieve equality on the shoulders of the others, as it should be.

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Jun 2, 2013 5:52:06 PM

8. 2000 years of persecution ends with this generation.

Posted by: JONES | Jun 2, 2013 6:21:41 PM

9. Well said, JackFknTwist

Posted by: RONTEX | Jun 2, 2013 6:22:15 PM

10. Cue the anti-femme trolls in 3...2...1...

Posted by: MateoM | Jun 2, 2013 6:26:31 PM

11. Glad there haven't been a deluge of bitter comments.

These two are indeed adorable.

Posted by: fanboi | Jun 2, 2013 6:47:04 PM

12. Here's hoping they enjoy being in the LGBT community when they leave high school and enter the real world.

Posted by: Paul | Jun 2, 2013 7:03:14 PM

13. @Paul -- They're in the real world. And you're bitter.

Posted by: Anastasia Beaverhausen | Jun 2, 2013 7:05:19 PM

14. Good looking couple. Imagine how much healthier society will be when things like this are common place. I think gingers are cute and a ginger couple: AWESOME!

Posted by: andrew | Jun 2, 2013 7:07:08 PM

15. Yeah. High school is the real world. And who knew being realistic is bitter. Good to know you know me so well.

Posted by: Paul | Jun 2, 2013 7:10:06 PM

16. Cute indeed. I am interested in what state they're from. Something tells me is not Texas, Kansas or South Carolina. Someday maybe it will be.

Posted by: terry | Jun 2, 2013 7:14:29 PM

17. This won't make the news in Mississippi either, but it give a little normalcy to my way of thinking. I love the progress the young people are sending to us older people!

Posted by: Ed P. | Jun 2, 2013 7:30:40 PM

18. I just love this so much.

Posted by: Robert K Brown | Jun 2, 2013 8:01:06 PM

19. Love? Sex.

Posted by: Ed | Jun 2, 2013 8:20:53 PM

20. @Ed (or is it "Sex Ed"?) -- Can't you just be happy for them? Go join Paul in the bitter corner.

Posted by: Anastasia Beaverhausen | Jun 2, 2013 8:25:50 PM

21. This is so cute. Reminds me of one of those "Whatever Happened To?" stories. I imagine in 20 years, one could be 40 pounds overweight, and the other might be doing time for lewd acts with a minor. You never know. Life holds many surprises. All the best boys, on your adventure....

Posted by: Garth | Jun 2, 2013 8:38:27 PM

22. This week my boyfriend, of 6 years, went on a business trip and during the time he's been gone, his bruttally homophobic family have been calling our house leaving the most hateful messages for me (which I refuse to share with my boyfriend and ruin his trip or focus at work). It's been an awful few days (having to hear the family of the man I love say they hope I catch AIDS and die).
    I unplugged the phone and decided to come online and just read this story of these two boys. I really needed this and smiled for the first time after nearly four days.

Posted by: Malcolm | Jun 2, 2013 8:54:45 PM

23. Look at how happy they look in that photo. Look at how genuine their smile is! Absolutely adorable!

Posted by: Gino | Jun 2, 2013 8:55:35 PM

24. Damn. There's some homophobic trolls on this site. Two of the comments to this story are revolting. But then again, towleroad has been infested with trolls from the conservative religious klan who frequent this site.

Congrats to this beautiful couple.

Posted by: Texas Crew | Jun 2, 2013 8:57:15 PM

25. Love everything about this story! They are absolutely precious and I applaud them for not being ashamed of not only who each is as an individual but proud of their appreciation for one another as a couple.

Posted by: Anthony Rodriguez | Jun 2, 2013 8:58:32 PM